Driver needed

justacruzr2

I've been resurrecting an HP m7480n Media Center desktop I was given.  It did not come with the original installation disk so I installed Win XP Pro.  It originally came with the Win XP Media edition.  When I finished the install and checked Device Manager to be sure everything installed correctly, there were 4 or 5 entries in the USB category that were "Unknown".  I believe this is the memory card reader that supports the following cards: Compact Flash I, Compact Flash II, SmartMedia, Memory Stick, Memory Stick Pro, MultiMediaCard, Secure Digital (SD), Micro Drive and XD Picture Card.  Does anyone know where I can get the driver(s) for this device.  I don't know the MFG right now but could pull it out from the computer to get the name and model. Thanks.

3 hours ago, justacruzr2 said:

I've been resurrecting an HP m7480n Media Center desktop I was given.  It did not come with the original installation disk so I installed Win XP Pro.  It originally came with the Win XP Media edition.  When I finished the install and checked Device Manager to be sure everything installed correctly, there were 4 or 5 entries in the USB category that were "Unknown".  I believe this is the memory card reader that supports the following cards: Compact Flash I, Compact Flash II, SmartMedia, Memory Stick, Memory Stick Pro, MultiMediaCard, Secure Digital (SD), Micro Drive and XD Picture Card.  Does anyone know where I can get the driver(s) for this device.  I don't know the MFG right now but could pull it out from the computer to get the name and model. Thanks.

Can you see the hardware IDs of these unknown devices? If you can and they are PCI or USB IDs, put them into DeviceHunt to see the name of the device, then use that to find drivers.

Maybe you will find the drivers for the mainboard components on the HP home page.

https://support.hp.com/ee-en/drivers/desktops

I felt lucky this year finding XP drivers from other manufacturers like Acer and Dell on their own homepages.

Thanks for the replies.  I'll try your ideas.  BTW the memory card reader is HP P/N 5070-0842. The computer is the HP Media Center m7480n desktop.  Should have put that in yesterday.  I do believe the registry assigned device instance ID is in Device Manager.  I looked when I first spotted the problem.  Too bad I didn't get the HP Installation/Restore disk with the computer as it would have had all that on it.  Now it becomes a chase it down thing.  Thanks again.

14 hours ago, Dibya said:

Give me the lan PCI id from dev manager then we will find it for you.

Then Try this https://sdi-tool.org/ for rest.

That driver I did find on the web but I haven't installed it yet.  It wasn't a top priority since this is a stand alone desktop.  I'm pretty sure that is one of the problem devices.  Starting from scratch w/o the installation/restore disk takes a long time.  Appreciate your reply.

Edited by justacruzr2
added content