Will there be a time when Windows 10 can no longer download and install security and feature updates?

mapman1071

I upgraded my Dell Desktop (New in 2012) from Windows 7 Ultimate to Windows 10 Professional during the free update period and will there be a time when Windows 10 can no longer get security and feature updates due to my hardware being too old?

Intel Core DUO 2 64bit

3.0 Gig CPU and motherboard

4gb memory

7200rpm 512gb Harddisk

Intel HD onboard Sound

1gb unshared onboard Intel Video

I have a feeling that there are already versions (or builds) that have been lost due to MS using a "live system" of updates. And while there may well be computers with those builds that never got updated, the installation media may not have been preserved. This is even more the case since MS doesn't mail pressed discs to Partners anymore, not even in the Embedded/IoT Channel. The last pressed disc I got from Microsoft was the IoT Enterprise 2015 LTSB kit. Everything after that has been download only, and since the files online can and do get changed by MS, I am certain some things have been "lost."

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/30/2020 at 8:58 AM, Tripredacus said:

I have a feeling that there are already versions (or builds) that have been lost due to MS using a "live system" of updates. And while there may well be computers with those builds that never got updated, the installation media may not have been preserved. This is even more the case since MS doesn't mail pressed discs to Partners anymore, not even in the Embedded/IoT Channel. The last pressed disc I got from Microsoft was the IoT Enterprise 2015 LTSB kit. Everything after that has been download only, and since the files online can and do get changed by MS, I am certain some things have been "lost."

:thumbup true how true