broadcom 440x ethernet ndis4 driver for windows 95 osr 2.5

cov3rt

i was wondering if anyone can confirm on any working driver versions for the broadcom 440x ethernet device under windows 95 osr 2.5. hardware id is "PCI\VEN_14E4&DEV_4401". i could not find any specific package with a designated windows 95 folder, but i did notice the "NT" folder did carry a ndis4 system file for the ethernet, however, it's unclear whether the inf file "bcm4sbe5" would request for it and work, as the "NT" package comes with the oemsetup.inf. i'm asking because i do not want to necessary install windows 95, only to find out there is no working driver for the ethernet, as it's very crucial part i need to have. the oldest driver version i found was 3.42, in 3.38, they added NT4 support, but i do not see any mention in the release notes for windows 95, although i have not checked the latest ones. cnet i think listed 4.23 with windows 95 listed somewhere as compatible on the webpage, however, it was not downloadable, and i'm not sure how one could tell which ones are legit / original packaged ones. 

21 hours ago, cov3rt said:

i was wondering if anyone can confirm on any working driver versions for the broadcom 440x ethernet device under windows 95 osr 2.5. hardware id is "PCI\VEN_14E4&DEV_4401". i could not find any specific package with a designated windows 95 folder, but i did notice the "NT" folder did carry a ndis4 system file for the ethernet, however, it's unclear whether the inf file "bcm4sbe5" would request for it and work, as the "NT" package comes with the oemsetup.inf. i'm asking because i do not want to necessary install windows 95, only to find out there is no working driver for the ethernet, as it's very crucial part i need to have. the oldest driver version i found was 3.42, in 3.38, they added NT4 support, but i do not see any mention in the release notes for windows 95, although i have not checked the latest ones. cnet i think listed 4.23 with windows 95 listed somewhere as compatible on the webpage, however, it was not downloadable, and i'm not sure how one could tell which ones are legit / original packaged ones. 

I definitely have been through driver issues with this specific NIC. It's present in my Dell XPS M1210, which I run Windows 98 SE on. Even on Windows 98 SE, it's not guaranteed that any Windows 98 SE driver will work. I would recommend trying these drivers. The SYS file is from the Windows NT 4 v4.37 drivers and the INF file is from the Windows 98 v4.28 drivers and customized by me specifically to work with the NDIS 4.0 driver.

Edited by Ximonite

16 hours ago, Ximonite said:

I definitely have been through driver issues with this specific NIC. It's present in my Dell XPS M1210, which I run Windows 98 SE on. Even on Windows 98 SE, it's not guaranteed that any Windows 98 SE driver will work. I would recommend trying these drivers. The SYS file is from the Windows NT 4 v4.37 drivers and the INF file is from the Windows 98 v4.28 drivers and customized by me specifically to work with the NDIS 4.0 driver.

thanks, i'll test the modified drivers as soon as i can on windows 95.