Directx 12 update

Jaguarek62

I edited this to slowly update this list with working games.

My tested games:

Call of Duty Modern Warfare - Has rendering issues (as of vk3d version 2.1, the game renders half properly, but crashes on startup)

Cyberpunk 2077 - Devs says that the game should work properly only on amd hardware, but in my case rtx 2060 runs the game just ok. Every 2 hours the game freezes (aprox.)

Devs game list:

AC: Valhalla

The Division

Control

Death Stranding

Devil May Cry 5

Ghostrunner

Horizon Zero Dawn

Metro Exodus

Monster Hunter World

Resident Evil 2 / 3

D3D12 Library https://github.com/HansKristian-Work/vkd3d-proton/releases

Edited by Jaguarek62
Created game list

5 hours ago, BluePanda98 said:

Do you think that it will be playable at some point?

I definitely hope so. It was not able to even launch and now it does. I just have to find someone who is using Amd gpu and maybe volunteer who is using Windows 8.0 to test few things.

• 3 weeks later...
Just now, tyl0413 said:

Hows the performance?

About the same as with windows 7 and its d3d12on7. getting 60 - 70 fps with rtx 2060 on medium. On windows 10 You can expect high at 60-80 fps. But this is just the beginning, I'm glad it started and runs reasonably ok. I don't have to use crapdows 10

3 minutes ago, tyl0413 said:

Does Ray Tracing work?

No, though the game has no checks for Windows 8.1 so it does let me select ray tracing. Whenever I select that, the game locks up. I need to sign off :D to gain control of my pc again then. I don't think rtx will be possible on non windows 10 computers, but I could be wrong.

4 hours ago, Jaguarek62 said:

About the same as with windows 7 and its d3d12on7. getting 60 - 70 fps with rtx 2060 on medium. On windows 10 You can expect high at 60-80 fps. But this is just the beginning, I'm glad it started and runs reasonably ok. I don't have to use crapdows 10

Could this be used to run even production applications like Photoshop and SolidWorks?

15 minutes ago, AeroSeeker said:

Could this be used to run even production applications like Photoshop and SolidWorks?

Why photoshop? I have 2020 photoshop on Windows 8.1 and it runs natively ok. Solidworks I have no idea, but if it uses direct x12, you should definitely take the same brute force way like I did, just try it, copy random files and it might work :D

11 hours ago, Jaguarek62 said:

Why photoshop? I have 2020 photoshop on Windows 8.1 and it runs natively ok. Solidworks I have no idea, but if it uses direct x12, you should definitely take the same brute force way like I did, just try it, copy random files and it might work :D

*shrugs* Photoshop says Windows 10 is required in the system requirements. I haven't actually tried it though.

Edited by AeroSeeker

21 minutes ago, AeroSeeker said:

*shrugs* Photoshop says Windows 10 is required in the system requirements. I haven't actually tried it though.

Well that's true, but there are plenty of workarounds for Windows 8.1. Windows 7 does not work curiously enough. No missing api error, but photoshop will not open.