How much do you pay for your internet?

Jaguarek62

6 hours ago, Tripredacus said:

100/20 (avg 94/18)
$45 (promo rate, will go to $70 in a year)

Wow that's expensive. Is that without any data cap? (here we don't have any) I think it is illegal in europe to have data caps on home connection.

I heard something about Comcast having 300 GB caps about 10 years ago.

Data caps were universal in Canada around that time, being around 10 to 40 GB with the main ISPs and up to 300 GB with some resellers. A penalty of up to $5 per GB was charged. Now they are rarer.

With bundling with the ISP's other services (as it's actually the incumbent phone company which also branched out into satellite/IP TV, cellular phones, and home alarms), prices for a 50 mbps connection are around 60 CAD but not exactly sure. Promotional pricing can be under 40 CAD.

On 11/25/2020 at 7:09 PM, win32 said:

I heard something about Comcast having 300 GB caps about 10 years ago.

I have Comcast, and it has a data cap of 1TB.

What I have is advertised as 70 megabit, but is usually a bit over 80 megabit, and in the middle of the night, may even go over 100 megabit.

Upload speeds change all the time. Sometimes, it's less than 1 megabit and sometimes, it's over 10 megabit. When the upload speed is fast or slow is completely random.

The monthly bill moves around a bit month per month, but is always between $74 and $77.
Update: Remembered wrong. It's actually between $84 and $87.

Edited by Ximonite

Advertised as 16Mbit Download and 1Mbit Upload, I recieve 10Mbit download speed. That costs 20 Euro (circa 23 Dollar with the current exchange rates), which is the cheapest way of getting internet in this area.

Basically, this is too much internet speed for my needs. Half of that would be fine, too.

15 minutes ago, Jaimee Garrison said:

I pay around $9 a month for a 500 Mbit Up/Down, which is pretty nice.

Ok that is really nice. 120 mb down is more than enough for me, but upload speed sucks. Your internet is awesome though

I live in India and pay INR 350 per month (approx 4.75 USD) for 3GB 10 Mbit down/3 Mbit up daily broadband data (I use hotspot to connect my laptops to the internet and USB tethering to connect the home desktop to internet).

Edited by TECHGEEK

Just now, TECHGEEK said:

I live in India and pay INR 350 per month (approx 4.75 USD) for 3GB daily broadband data (I use hotspot to connect my laptops to the internet and USB tethering to connect the home desktop to internet).

It's a tiny bit unstable at times but when it is stable, it is really fast.