Cortana Location Wrong

Dave-H

Is there any way to correct the location information for Cortana?
If I ask what the weather's going to be, it gives me information about somewhere 100 miles away, unless I actually specify the location!
My default location on Windows 10 is set correctly.
If I look at the settings for the apps which can use my location, Cortana is not listed!
This is very annoying, is there any fix?
I'm using Windows 10 20H2.
Thanks, Dave.
:)

• 1 month later...

Try this:

Go to Settings > Privacy > Location tab, scroll down and under Cortana click the switch to turn location on. 

If it's off and gray (can't be clicked) do the following.:

Home (to get to settings) > Cortana > Permission & History tab, click "Manage the information Cortana can access from this device" and in the new window turn on Location (and everything else you want). Then, once again go to:

Settings > Privacy > Location tab and verify that Cortana precise location is turned on (but still grayed out).

To turn it off again, just undo the above information access.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Jerry

Thanks Jerry, your post seems to have been removed, but I still got the e-mail notification! :D

Did you remove it because you realised it was out of date information (there is no longer a "Cortana" section in settings for instance)?

If so, thanks anyway, but there is a strange thing that if I looks at the "Locations" settings you mention, which are still there, Cortana is not listed there at all.
Surely it should be?

My Microsoft Weather app is also now malfunctioning, after an update as usual, in that the live tile is now showing the wrong location, and not the location of the main app as it always has before.
I have set the location there manually as my PC has no geolocation facility.
The live tile is now showing the weather for somewhere several miles away!

If I change the weather app location to somewhere completely different, the live tile still doesn't match it, showing a different place!
Just how hard can it be for Microsoft to get this system working properly?!
:angry:

On 11/14/2020 at 1:00 AM, Dave-H said:

Is there any way to correct the location information for Cortana?
If I ask what the weather's going to be, it gives me information about somewhere 100 miles away, unless I actually specify the location!
My default location on Windows 10 is set correctly.
If I look at the settings for the apps which can use my location, Cortana is not listed!
This is very annoying, is there any fix?
I'm using Windows 10 20H2.
Thanks, Dave.
:)

Why not dial your local time and temperature number? ;)