Share your Microsoft Windows Vista Experience!

Win10-Hater

Is there any Ivy Bridge (or Sandy Bridge) CPU that supports 1866 MHz DDR3 RAM?

According to Intel listings, even the fastest Sandy and Ivy Bridge Mobile Extreme i7's support only up to 32 GB DDR3 RAM at 1333 MHz and upto 16 GB DDR3 RAM at 1600 MHZ. Does this mean the system simply won't detect 1866 MHz RAM?

6 hours ago, TECHGEEK said:

Is there any Ivy Bridge (or Sandy Bridge) CPU that supports 1866 MHz DDR3 RAM?

According to Intel listings, even the fastest Sandy and Ivy Bridge Mobile Extreme i7's support only up to 32 GB DDR3 RAM at 1333 MHz and upto 16 GB DDR3 RAM at 1600 MHZ. Does this mean the system simply won't detect 1866 MHz RAM?

The 8770W unofficially supports 32GB 1866MHz, it detects what the RAM is rated for, so you can overclock it by flashing a higher rating to it. 2133MHz is when it gets unstable.

I'd like to know if it can work with 64GB of DDR3 with 4x16GB DIMMs

33 minutes ago, asdf2345 said:

i can't find any listing for 16gb modules 

a ddr3 module can go up to 16gb theoretically but i've never seen one

a ddr4 module can go up to 64gb but again i've never seen one so i think manufacturers don't go to the limit if you know what i mean

I'm asking this purely out of curiosity: How many of you Vista users who have read this forum topic have tested Vista betas? If any of you have done so, please share your experience with Vista betas. 

Edited by Win10-Hater

6 minutes ago, Win10-Hater said:

I'm asking this purely out of curiosity: How many of you Vista users who have read this forum topic have tested Vista betas? If any of you have done so, please share your experience with Vista betas. 

very unstable :rolleyes:

As I said in a previous post, they work best on IDE HDDs and motherboards from the win xp era, not the 2005-2006-2007 vista era as many people think it would work.

5 hours ago, winvispixp said:

very unstable :rolleyes:

As I said in a previous post, they work best on IDE HDDs and motherboards from the win xp era, not the 2005-2006-2007 vista era as many people think it would work.

Vista in 2005-2006 ??? Are you sure ? All stores were stuffed with XP computers . Vista RTM was released in 2007 . I had tried longhorn with 2007 MSI mobo , chipset G31 , it went okay . Unfortunately I forgot the build number. 

1 minute ago, D.Draker said:

Vista in 2005-2006 ??? Are you sure ? All stores were stuffed with XP computers . Vista RTM was released in 2007 . I had tried longhorn with 2007 MSI mobo , chipset G31 , it went okay . Unfortunately I forgot the build number. 

Pre-reset build I'm guessing, is that correct?

3 hours ago, Win10-Hater said:

Pre-reset build I'm guessing, is that correct?

Unfortunately I forgot the build number , like can't remember at all , sorry . But I remember I just switched BIOS to IDE mode (before install) and didn't have any troubles .

3 hours ago, Win10-Hater said:

Then it maybe a pre-reset build (4039 or 4074 or 4093)?

I really don't remember , like blackout. sorry. The main important thing before install just switch your BIOS to IDE mode.