Share your Microsoft Windows Vista Experience!

Win10-Hater

Ok, so I decided to post my browser specs and also some other basic software specs of my Vista computer. Hope others also share their software specs so that we can know each other's computer specs better.

Some of my softwares installed on my main Vista pc:

• Browsers: SRWare Iron Chrome 88 Portable, Mozilla Firefox 86 and IE9 (IE useless for everything except viewing XPS files lol)
  • MS Office 2010 Pro Plus x86
  • VMware Workstation 12.0.0
  • Avast Free AV + Malwarebytes free 3.5.1 (I have automated malware scans using task scheduler) 
  • Windows fully updated till now (March 2021 as of the time of editing)
Edited by Win10-Hater
updates

9 hours ago, TECHGEEK said:

Anyone using Vista Business purely because you need the aero interface, the handy backup and restore center with full functionality and presentation mode but do not care about Bitlocker (who even uses Bitlocker these days?) and media center and don't mind sacrificing them? I do. 

Ha ha ha , whaaaaat !!??!? Vista without the aero interface , it's like a sea without water . Why would anyone even think of using Vista without aero ? Oh , and media center , IE , windows media player , Bitlocker , all regarding remoting , transfer files , ready boost and all other useless to me features removed with VLite.

Edited by Dixel

27 minutes ago, TECHGEEK said:

Are there any Vista users who belong to the "THINKPAD MASTER RACE"?

Almost did and then the inverter on my T60 died (by many accounts it does Vista well even with its specs on the lower end). There's still my T41 but it's just too old with its 2001 GPU (ATi Mobility Radeon 7500).

Hope to get a T520/30 or W520/30 someday. That would be a wonderful Vista experience.

1 hour ago, win32 said:

Hope to get a T520/30 or W520/30 someday. That would be a wonderful Vista experience.

I think the t530/w530 would do better than the t520/w520 because Ivy Bridge is 22nm and performs as well as Sandy bridge equivalents while using less power and also because Intel HD graphics 4000 is better than hd3000. If you hate the chiclet keyboard then you may be able to replace it with a t520 style 7row keyboard.

Edited by TECHGEEK

Just now, TECHGEEK said:

I think the t530/w530 would do better than the t520/w520 because Ivy Bridge is 22nm and performs as well as Sandy bridge equivalents while using less power and also because Intel HD graphics 4000 is better than hd3000. If you hate the chiclet keyboard then you may be able to replace it with a t520 style 7row keyboard.

The reason why I don't have Ivy Bridge is because here in India, it's quite hard to find old laptops and if you shop on eBay, it literally takes MONTHS to arrive. The Dell latitude e5420 was the only good laptop I could get for myself to use on Vista.

20 minutes ago, TECHGEEK said:

Which Elitebook do you have?

Don't have it yet, but it's an 8770w that I purchased,

Going to either upgrade it with the 980m or its Quadro equivalent, to have a beast Vista machine.

Edited by asdf2345

24 minutes ago, asdf2345 said:

Don't have it yet, but it's an 8770w that I purchased,

Going to either upgrade it with the 980m or its Quadro equivalent, to have a beast Vista machine.

Planning to use it as your main Vista machine once you get it?

3 minutes ago, TECHGEEK said:

Planning to use it as your main Vista machine once you get it?

Yeah, but it'll likely have a copy of XP, 7, and Server 2012 R1 installed as well

Edited by asdf2345

I wonder why Vista runs blazing fast on my old but trusty Pentium D desktop while Windows 7 runs..... S L U G G I S H L Y when people were raving that 7 ate up less RAM than Vista. Any idea?

Edited by TECHGEEK