A Couple Questions (One for bigmuscle)

1. On the glass8.eu site, specially in the Download tab, v1.5.13 is listed for Win8.1+. And just below that, "This version is up to Win10 v1909 (10.0.18363.752)." As far as Windows 8.1 goes, this seems to be false. The last build number for Windows 8.1 is 6.3.9600. I looked. There is nothing beyond that build for 8.1. 6.3.9600 is the latest. Hence, v1.5.13 only works for Windows 10. If this is true, then @bigmuscle, you really need to update the site. If it isn't true though, then how can I go about installing v1.5.13 when it says my Windows version isn't supported?

2. Does anyone have a Windows 7 Aero theme atlas file for v1.4.6? v1.4.6 is the only version that works with 8.1 but the majority of the atlas files in this thread seem to only work for past versions and later versions only. There's this CrystalEight theme atlas, which is actually good, but that seems to be about it, and it's really not the same as 7's Aero.

Edited by AeroSeeker

• 2 weeks later...

i would rather look at devianart for custom windows aero theme for windows 8, and use glass8 only for the transparency effect.

for a operating system that is not going to be chancing much (other than security patches). finding working custom windows 7 looking theme should be easy.

Aero 7 Theme by sagorpirbd

i used this theme back in the day with windows 8 and 8.1, so it should still work with the current windows 8.1 too.

off course you will want to take full system image first, but together with glass8 this should give you windows 7 look and feel to your system.

now you only need something that gives you the old start, if you want it back too.

10 hours ago, atomi said:

i would rather look at devianart for custom windows aero theme for windows 8, and use glass8 only for the transparency effect.

for a operating system that is not going to be chancing much (other than security patches). finding working custom windows 7 looking theme should be easy.

Aero 7 Theme by sagorpirbd

i used this theme back in the day with windows 8 and 8.1, so it should still work with the current windows 8.1 too.

off course you will want to take full system image first, but together with glass8 this should give you windows 7 look and feel to your system.

now you only need something that gives you the old start, if you want it back too.

Yeah, I don't have a DA account to download that... Could you put it into an attachment in this thread here?

• 2 weeks later...

this is the least bad skin for Curtains until now. but still... the proportions are not there. and the window buttons are ugly. but the least ugly so far.

I give a try to Curtains in every one or two months, just to check if there's a decent win7 skin. but nothing so far...

• 2 weeks later...