KernelXE - My Unofficial Windows 2000 Kernel

Ximonite

• 6 months later...

The Windows Installer won't work for me. Whenever I install anything, it shows this error message. I can't fix it, and it only started after installing KernelXE.

1726084936_ScreenShot2022-02-16at9_14_33PM.png.90f824a759099611ce5cdf3d9ea270a3.png

Edit: Found the issue, it was not KernelXE.

Edited by jkrosado

6 hours ago, jkrosado said:

The Windows Installer won't work for me. Whenever I install anything, it shows this error message. I can't fix it, and it only started after installing KernelXE.

1726084936_ScreenShot2022-02-16at9_14_33PM.png.90f824a759099611ce5cdf3d9ea270a3.png

Edit: Found the issue, it was not KernelXE.

Ximonite is in the process of creating a new extended kernel . I advise you now to use the BlackWingCat Extended kernel.

Windows2000-KB935839-v31aM-x86-ENU :

http://blog.livedoor.jp/blackwingcat/archives/1299806.html

Edited by windows2

On 2/17/2022 at 4:11 AM, windows2 said:

Ximonite is in the process of creating a new extended kernel . I advise you now to use the BlackWingCat Extended kernel.

Windows2000-KB935839-v31aM-x86-ENU :

http://blog.livedoor.jp/blackwingcat/archives/1299806.html

bwc's extended kernel caused issues for me, namely breaking the clipboard and drag and drop.

plus the site is in only japanese and i can't get google to translate it properly

Edited by jkrosado

54 minutes ago, jkrosado said:

bwc's extended kernel caused issues for me, namely breaking the clipboard and drag and drop.

Clipboard and drag and drop both work for me with BWC's extended kernel installed. Your system (or VM) must be having a misconfiguration.

1 hour ago, jkrosado said:

plus the site is in only japanese and i can't get google to translate it properly

There are sometimes blog posts & comments in english.

23 hours ago, jkrosado said:

Delete the Extended kernel , re-download it, then install it, and make sure that the version is English. There was a problem I told him about and he fixed it maybe that's the cause of your problem.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/17/2022 at 3:11 AM, windows2 said:

Yes, I recommend BlackWingCat's kernel for now, but I'm aiming to have development versions of the major KernelXE upgrade I have mentioned from time to time here available for people to test in the next few months.

• 2 weeks later...

As of recently, MSFN is in a dire state and the amount of time we have left here is unknown.

If you want to stay up to date on any projects of mine, I recommend you visit EclecBoard, which is a forum created by a friend of mine.

Even if you're not specifically interested in my works, you should still check EclecBoard out, since they have been getting many new members recently.

Edited by Ximonite

57 minutes ago, testaccount66766 said:

FYI you just linked to a wikipedia article, not the forum :unsure:

Oops :blink:

That was the last thing in my clipboard before I tried to (but didn't actually) copy the forum link.