MSFN is made available via donations, subscriptions and advertising revenue. The use of ad-blocking software hurts the site. Please disable ad-blocking software or set an exception for MSFN. ×

merom cmp gamer

k24a1

Only Core i7 for me.

Although, i really do not know the family names for CPUs that I have in anything. Seems to be a niche thing for people to remember those. Then again, I tend to have this problem in general when people talk using the marketing terms. I know nothing about marking terms, give me the part numbers!

• Like 1

On 11/3/2020 at 10:07 PM, Tripredacus said:

Then again, I tend to have this problem in general when people talk using the marketing terms. I know nothing about marking terms, give me the part numbers!

You must really hate dealing with people talking about medicine over there. Americans have a nasty habit of using the brand/marketing names for over the counter medicine for some reason which isn't the case over here at all in the UK.

(kinda off-topic but I'm just saying I can totally understand what you mean, like I know my desktop chipset is an Intel H61 and the processor is an i5-2400k but I wouldn't know what the marketing name for the chipset is, the processor is Sandy Bridge though)

Edited by Koishi Komeiji

I get the generic names for pain relievers mixed up, but I do not really know medicine names anyways. I had never gone to a place to fill a prescription until just last year!

I think part of the reason is due to my involement in manufacturing for almost 15 years now. Seeing the industry from the "other side" for so long as pretty much removed me from the terms used on websites, which are what cause people to buy the things. I've gradually went away from reading computing news to the point where the only things I even read about are related to infosec and R&D topics.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/9/2020 at 2:01 PM, Tripredacus said:

I think part of the reason is due to my involement in manufacturing for almost 15 years now. Seeing the industry from the "other side" for so long as pretty much removed me from the terms used on websites, which are what cause people to buy the things. I've gradually went away from reading computing news to the point where the only things I even read about are related to infosec and R&D topics.

Yeah that makes a lot of sense I guess, being behind the actual tech rather than the fancy-pants stuff put at the front helps