Official - Windows 10 Worst Crap Ever!

bookie32

Win 10 1909 seems to be much more stable than 1607.  1607 may be unsupported by now?

The Apple MacBook is running Version 1909, OS Build 18363.720, under BootCamp, Win 10 Pro.  This Win 10 is running quite well on this old Apple computer.  But it is

still just a test computer to keep track of Win 10.  More, a sweet grade of fertilizer. :cool:

8 hours ago, BudwS said:

stable

mostly because the setting menus are not intuitive

every single action take few clicks and wasting time finding it

i think that 1607 is pretty stable but i will know  better soon

• 4 weeks later...

Windows 10 is indeed the worst crap ever.

I can't make the life of me a smooth Win 10 install on VMWare Fusion, it simply runs too slow even when I have sh*tloads of RAM and a tremendously big SSD. While my MacBook Pro 2013 13-inch runs smoothly on top of the latest macOS Catalina, Win 10 is irritatingly slower than Rubens Barrichello.

I just started a Win 7 VM install and I am stuck on "Expanding Windows files (0%)".

Jesus. Things like these reminds me of why I gave the middle finger to Microsoft and moved to Apple ten years ago. I was a happy customer until after Windows 2000, when XP came in...

15 hours ago, Bruninho said:

I can't make the life of me a smooth Win 10 install on VMWare Fusion,

Same issue on the MacBook trying to use VMWare.  Problem was in sharing the computer hardware, just was too slow with the two OSs running at the same time.  A solution was to use Apple BootCamp which transfers all hardware from one OS to the other. However, had to install Win 7 first in BootCamp and then update to Win 10 (MacBook is 12 years Old). BootCamp is now running Win 10 Pro, 1909, 18363.815.  BootCamp Win10 runs faster than PC Win 10 in my experience. :cool:

BootCamp is my last resource, actually. So I want to try again. Turns out I was doing all that from my external hard disk (exfat formatted) which then went caput when VMWare rebooted my computer in the middle of a VM install all of sudden while I was out. I salvaged most of my data, then reformatted it has HFS+ (Journaled) this time and put back all my data including the VMs. Thanks God for my OCD pushing me to upload a backup to my Time Capsule almost all the time.

I was using exfat so I could read and write between PC/Mac all the time at work. Since we are now under lockdown, I couldn't care less for PCs so I reformatted as HFS+.

EDIT: This time the VM is now working. Until now. I have decided to configure the VM on VMWare with IDE for both hard drive and cd rom. And it paid off. Apparently VMWare SCSI is slower, much slower. Also, I created the VM outside my external hard drive, but when its all cleaned up and polished for usage, I will try to run it from the external hdd again, which was now formatted as HFS+.

Edited by Bruninho

Windows 10 Pro Build 1909 has an incredibly ridiculous bug with language packs.

I downloaded the english international x64 iso and installed. But it came with british english language. I wanted the american english language, so I installed the american one, and after changing it system wide, I removed the british english language pack

Minutes later, the whole settings screen for backgrounds, colors, and what more I don't know yet... had their texts randomly changed to something else unrelated to these settings. It's a language bug. Anyone had this issue?

Since I cannot overcome his, which build should I use then? 1903? Or earlier?

On 4/22/2020 at 11:36 PM, Bruninho said:

Since I cannot overcome this, which build should I use then? 1903? Or earlier?

Just wait for 2004. It should be out sometime during the lockdown. Some crap just takes a long time to appear.

Edited by BudwS
?

4 hours ago, BudwS said:

Just wait for 2004. It should be out sometime during the lockdown. Some crap just takes a long time to appear.

I actually managed to get around this and install. It took me four or more attempts.

Now its working, I removed the bloatware, data collection, one drive, disabled cortana (I'd love to remove this **** too) and there was other thing I couldn't remove because otherwise the system would go caput in a cumulative update install. I can't remember what it was. Removed Internet Explorer (GOOD RIDDANCE, you were a good boi in 1995, but not anymore, evil plague) and installed MS Edge (chromium version).

I managed to rename the Network icon to "Network Neighborhood" as seen in Windows 98. Disabled a few other "features" for more performance trade-off.

I tweaked the file explorer, some icons and the desktop. And compressed the Windows install with CompactOS. Also using SDelete to help me shrink the VM image after usage. Windows is now around 9GB OS size. There are two more tweaks I'd love to do: one is classic start menu with the Windows 10 look (light theme) and the other is related to the "quick launch" taskbar. When I open any of these apps, instead of creating a new item on taskbar it uses the same icon. Classic Windows did not do that, I wanted the opposite.

Edited by Bruninho

On 4/24/2020 at 10:29 PM, Bruninho said:

Removed Internet Explorer (GOOD RIDDANCE, you were a good boi in 1995, but not anymore, evil plague) and installed MS Edge (chromium version).

Decided to try Edge update because of your comment.  But the results were dismal.  Windows 10 quit working normally.  Also, couldn't restart or shutdown Win 10.  used ctl-alt-del to log off.  Uninstalled New Edge and Win 10 worked normally again.  However, IE11 has worked great and did not hurt Win 10.  Too bad MS didn't just stay with IE11 and not waste resources with the Edge of the abyss.  Talk about crap.........   Waterfox and Firefox are still the browers that just work.   Even CLIQZ runs well.   :cool:

New Edge was running flawlessly here. I have even installed the macOS version on my rMBP. Unlike previous incarnations of the evil IE, Edge chromium does not mess with your operating system AFAIK, and its just a rebadged Google Chrome without all the creep “features” from Google, and has its own features. So far I’m pleased with this browser, but not enough to replace my Safari goodness on my Mac.

IE11 as of today will not render properly most modern websites that make full use of CSS Flexbox and CSS Grid for example, unless they use the vendor fixed properties (unlikely now). I had to get rid of it, it was a dream come true to kill this bastard off my Windows. Talk about wanting to kill something for like 15 years and then finally you get your revenge... (that’s because IE6/7 made my web developer career a f***ing nightmare).

45 minutes ago, Tripredacus said:

Still waiting on 2004 to be released. The information I got was GA is April 2020, so it is supposed to be released today! :w00t:

They probably realized that it's such a downgrade from 2003 that it would be embarrassing to release it! :lol:

I wonder what's with the improved handling of multiple monitors by DWM in 2004 (differing refresh rates). Does it really need WDDM 2.7 drivers and for GPU to meet certain minimum requirements for it to work? One source doesn't say anything about WDDM 2.7 being needed, another does and neither of them is Microsoft.

Edited by UCyborg
Refresh rates

• 4 weeks later...

Jesus...just getting to grips with 1909 and they are releasing 2004...why don't they simply call it 2020..

Would make it easier to remember which year the rubbish was released :w00t: