Official - Windows 10 Worst Crap Ever!

bookie32

14 hours ago, mikedigitize said:

Have U had a look on deepin; the Chinese linux dist, build on debian, if I don't mistake....

Very nice...they seem to have taken Debian to a whole new level....

bookie32

Still prefer the basic Debian! 

I can add what I like to it to make it into what I want....

Not everyone likes Debian because it demands a little work.....

But it is stable and has never let me down...

I also use debian with Clonezilla Server Edition which is also reliable on Debian....

Ubuntu showed promise a few years ago...but it has lost its edge and I wouldn't use it if you paid me to now...

bookie32

7 hours ago, bookie32 said:

Ubuntu showed promise a few years ago...but it has lost its edge and I wouldn't use it if you paid me to now...

Have you tried Ubuntu Kylin?

• 2 weeks later...

win1903 is soon out of the box, but still not consist in colouring layout; have a look at this sample, taken from Neowin site: Is it dark or light or colourful?

641824174_win1903-2019-05-1305-34-48.png.534cb4290df569c039c46d9459d95c39.png

Edited by mikedigitize
spelling

• 1 month later...

Got two test PCs for released Windows 10 Pro.  A MacBook using BootCamp runs 32 bit Version 1809 with the latest CU to Build 17763.557. That updated OK with no problems.  However, the Feature Update to 1903 installed but took out the Apple Host software.  When the Host software was reinstalled, Windows went into a "Dump-Restart" loop.  The good news is that the recovery software was able to uninstall the Feature Update and return to 1809.  Waiting for 1909 to try the Feature update again.

The Dell laptop runs 64 bit Version 1903 with the latest CU to Build 18362.175.  That updated OK with no problems.

These PCs are used as my "Slow" Outsider testing.  At least I can see what end users have to deal with.  Depending on individual PCs, some updates work and some don't.  And sometimes 64 bit PCs work and 32 bit PCs don't, or vice-versa.  What was the name of this thread again?  Oh yeah, I remember.  :cool:

16 hours ago, BudwS said:

What was the name of this thread again?  Oh yeah, I remember.  :cool:

Maybe we could ask a mod to edit the title adding a "and still being so almost 4 (four) years later:whistle:

jaclaz

9 hours ago, videobruce said:

You can always just stop using it and revert back. :rolleyes:

I cannot. I never used it to start with, and never will. No way! :no: Debbian x64 + XP Mode in seamless mode is the way to go! :yes:

My Windows 10 Enterprise system has been giving me my first problems so far. Basically is that now when the monitor goes to sleep, the computer makes the disconnecting hardware sound. In addition to that, when I wake the system again, it can take up to three minutes of sitting at the lock screen before it gives me the password prompt. This PC still isn't my daily driver at the office, I only use it for email, intranet and Teams. No surfing, dev work, burning DVDs or using apps or anything.

5 hours ago, Tripredacus said:

My Windows 10 Enterprise system has been giving me my first problems so far.

Which Version and Build are running on your Windows 10 Enterprise system?