Official - Windows 10 Worst Crap Ever!

bookie32

Even Windows 10 Buildfeed seems to be unable to keep up with the Microsoft product.

Redstone 5:  Current Release: 17763.104

Insider "Slow":  17763.104

Maybe Current Released?:  17763.55

The crap is a little shifty.  :cool:

I can't even imagine how some people are using the regular OS. I've been steering clients away from the desktop product and into the IoT products in order to mitigate those concerns caused by the retail OS update issues. At least in the LTSC products you won't get a major feature update like CBB or retail Windows 10, and you can even disable Windows Update quite easily with no real concerns for the future. So far this has worked out. In the OEM channel at least, this is the way to go when it comes to Windows 10 in my opinion. People may be able to stay on Windows 7 in the Enterprise channel, but this won't last forever. Compatible CPUs are already taking a hike and those who are willing to stay on older versions of Windows (as noted in the Register article) are also going to be staying with older hardware. And if you are in need of a large amount of identical systems to run Windows 7, you'll be paying extra to accomplish this, as the distribution channels will run out of CPUs and people will have to hunt through the secondary market for them.

Right now I'm having a strange behaviour with my Win10 1809 desktop.

A week after the update, I noticed that it didn't delete all my files, nor it broke audio or network. I guess I had a bad version downloaded from WinUpdate.

All of that while I'm updating Win8.1 on my non-Win8.1-compatible main laptop which I'm always carrying around.

On 10/25/2018 at 9:45 AM, zago27 said:

Right now I'm having a strange behaviour with my Win10 1809 desktop.

A week after the update, I noticed that it didn't delete all my files, nor it broke audio or network. I guess I had a bad version downloaded from WinUpdate.

All of that while I'm updating Win8.1 on my non-Win8.1-compatible main laptop which I'm always carrying around.

Better call MS for assistance, your case is really unique.

Yes, it's a really strange situation where Windows 10 actually works as it should *rolleyes*

I have 1809 on my VM, and it seems to be working OK, although I don't use it much (it's only really there so that if someone has a question about Windows 10, I can answer it without sounding unsmart).

c

The MacBook with Windows 10 Pro 17763.55 installed in Bootcamp seems to be working OK.  I do keep it "Security Mode" (Shut Down) most of the time but it runs all my tests error free every few days while waiting for the real ".104" update to be released to end users.  I wonder if a new Current Release for 1809 will magically appear with a lead in of, "This is what we really meant to send out a few days ago."  Same old crap.  :cool:

after searching multiple crap websites i finally found one that has legit downloads of the latest windows 10 builds.

[redacted]

i usually get builds from the betaarchive ftp it's slow at times.

you can also find links to builds on mdl forums but they don't make it simple to find an actual download, infact it's not like it used to be with actual links posted. way too much effort just to get an iso.

Edited by Tripredacus

6 hours ago, UCyborg said:

It's possible to download an ISO of the latest build that's deemed stable from...

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

...by changing web browser's user agent to say you have non-Microsoft OS.

Not "non-Microsoft", rather "non-Microsoft Windows 7/8/10", I can get the .iso from XP without any browser spoofing.

jaclaz

I don't know if this is on-topic, but I hope it's not too far off.

I am using a Lenovo machine type 90GA

MTM 90GA003LMW R304CF20

that came with Windows 10 installed.

I don't se any reason why I should use Win 10 at all instead of XP

I just want to know if it can be recommended that I install XP on it?

I don't even know if it would run XP if I tried, and  what would I do if that went wrong?

I presume that If I should experience a crash or breakdown of some sort,

I wouldn't have any means of recovery?

I am glad I also have a working XP machine!

I have not installed the unofficial SP4.

Do you recommend that I install it?