Official - Windows 10 Worst Crap Ever!

bookie32

9 hours ago, jaclaz said:

Also, obviously nothing beats watching - say -  a soccer match while standing in the kitchen on a screen that is taaaall and naaaaarrow :w00t:

Then again, it's perfect for reading chinese or mongol wall newspapers in .pdf, while standing in the kitchen, of course! :cool:

At the resale shop people donated a lot of those $300 PCs that had a 12 month warranty.  They would say at 13 months the unit would not power up.  We couldn't make them power up either.  So spend another $300 to get another piece of crap that lasts a year.  Cheap crap that comes with Windows 10, double crap.

However, someone donated a Dell Latitude laptop of the $2,000 vintage.  The software, Windows 10 just quit working, so they got rid of the PC.  That was a great piece of hardware that I bought for $40.  Put an SSD in it and now it is the Windows 7 Pro work station here.  Not all Windows products are crap.  But I suppose that you can buy a $2,000 PC for $40 in a resale shop there, too.  But the iMac is still the work horse computer with both Microsoft and Apple software running on it.  And with no design software used at all.  :cool:

Edited by BudwS
Another thought.

2 hours ago, RanCorX2 said:

or you can look in fridge before going shopping and make a list of what you need? some tech is just not needed unless you are rich and lazy or both.

You must be joking.

What if while you are away to the supermarket another member of the family actually pilfers something from the fridge?

Your list would be out of date :w00t:, and not only,  you will also likely be accused (usually by the same member of the family that sacked the fridge) how you don't care about him/her and his/her needs/likings.

Also, cannot really say if it can be configured this way, you could program it so that you can have an SMS or e-mail on your phone as soon as someone opens the fridge door (this usually happens between 2:00 and 3:00 in the morning[1], how can you deprive yourself of this nice feature?)

jaclaz

[1] Right after you will have finally managed to catch sleep again, after having being wakened by the message your "smart" outdoors camera sent you arounf 1:00 and that came out as being a false alarm [2]

[2] to be exact false alarm #217 since you installed the IP enabled camera 

Edited by jaclaz

20 hours ago, RanCorX2 said:

or you can look in fridge before going shopping and make a list of what you need? some tech is just not needed unless you are rich and lazy or both.

It seems only useful for people that puts everything in fridge, including toilet paper.

I'm trying, once again, to install W10 on a VM (on my Mac!), so I can at least say I have it (plus, almost every lab computer at my local JC is running it now. Yuck.)

Everything installs fine, but I can't get networking to work. At all!

I've read that one has to access VMware Tools settings and disable the requirement for authentication. The thing is, *how do I access the settings page?!* This is easy in every other version, as there's a Start menu entry for it!

Trying to use W10 makes me feel like a stupid id***, because I can't figure out how to do anything! Trying to do these things on every prior version of Windows is second nature to me, so I'm not stupid!!

WHY????!!!!

c

On 9/25/2018 at 9:07 PM, mikedigitize said:

gVRuTS2.png

The dark theme thing is so gimmicky, i tried it ages ago on photoshop, on my last phone (windows) but went back to light theme. I don't see the appeal and now because people are fapping over it, ms are adding to windows 10 as yet another new "feature". at least we won't be forced to use it.

Edited by RanCorX2

On 9/29/2018 at 8:37 AM, cc333 said:

I'm trying, once again, to install W10 on a VM (on my Mac!), so I can at least say I have it (plus, almost every lab computer at my local JC is running it now. Yuck.)

Everything installs fine, but I can't get networking to work. At all!

I've read that one has to access VMware Tools settings and disable the requirement for authentication. The thing is, *how do I access the settings page?!* This is easy in every other version, as there's a Start menu entry for it!

Trying to use W10 makes me feel like a stupid id***, because I can't figure out how to do anything! Trying to do these things on every prior version of Windows is second nature to me, so I'm not stupid!!

WHY????!!!!

c

it makes you feel stupid because of the basic ui of the settings app, you have too look for everything as it's all different...

i'm working on a project that restores old features (on mdl forums) it removes as much of the modern features as possible and replaces them with bits n bobs from windows 7 and early builds of 8 & 10 where some old stuff still worked. doesn't replace / restore all the stuff that's gone because somethings like screen resolution are gone from the old ui. 3rd party apps are used instead. so far i've made my project compatible with th1 through to rs4, no rls yet as i'm still working on stuff but it makes 10 feel / look like 7. it's not just "install visual style and enjoy"

it's a complete tidy of all the metro / modern garbage which gets binned and replaced. leaving a snappy and clean os. (was already snappy) but it's now got almost zero metro processes (only explorer, fontdrvhost & sihost remain) so the bare minimum. no runtime broker, no applicationframe.exe, no searchui.exe, no shellexperiencehost.exe etc.

clasic shell / open shell is my menu + w7 menu skin + w7 taskbar skin + w7 start button

the only thing i'm missing is the close item from taskbar, however because thumbnails are still working, you can just right click and close from them, folders are stacked and can be right click close as well.

if you wanted the shell menu back to close items, you need startisback++ as that's the only one with the old taskbar shell closing w7 feature afaik.

Edited by RanCorX2

3 hours ago, cc333 said:

And just as mysteriously as networking wasn't working, today it suddenly worked!

Weird!! I didn't do anything!

I see why people don't like this POJ of an OS!

c

As a matter of fact, it's a matter of crap.  Windows 10 scenario:  1) It's not working!  2)Turn it off or restart it?  3)When it comes up again, it's working!?  I've heard this story so many times on the Insider Forum, I just figured it was programmed that way!?  It's a laugh!  That's why it's fun.  Comedy Central or Saturday Night Live just to put this computer stuff in the proper perspective.  :cool: