Official - Windows 10 Worst Crap Ever!

bookie32

insider builds shouldn't be called updates, they are full windows builds for either fresh or upgrade installations, they are the next major release of windows 10.

i.e. the next rls will be redstone 4 and the current builds are just beta's of rs4.

I just wait for the final build and then upgrade, saves time.

nothing exciting about a new build, just bug fixes and probably more app crap and extra features.

more stuff to disable.

upgrading windows is probably only good for;

latest directx

security fixes

latest dxva support

(for the average user)

for some reason users fap over each new build....not sure why. i enjoy reading about each new build and how ms is still terrible at fixing stuff, lost count how many times i read that users couldn't install an insider build because of some error or bsod.

i used the feedback hub once and nothing got fixed or added as a new feature. (aspect ratio controls for wmp) users been asking for years...ms doesn't add it. pfftt..useless feedback hub. would love to ditch codec packs and an extra media player, would be a few less things to install on a clean install of windows.

my current list of install software is 14 on a clean install which takes less than 30 minutes to install and setup.

Edited by RanCorX2

On 12/26/2017 at 8:09 PM, ~♥Aiko♥Chan♥~ said:

Piece of crap broke on me again! Windows 10 suddenly broke on my laptop with no explanation! Doing rollbacks and such aren't helping.

I need to downgrade to Windows 7...

Actually, Windows 7 Pro is an Upgrade!  Windows 7 Pro has never failed since it was installed on a Dell Latitude E5410 over 3 years ago.  No updates are allowed unless I select a specific one. 

"Piece of crap broke" is a good description of W10.  The Insider test computer has no W10 issues when it is shutdown.  The Windows 7 Pro dual-boot on the test computer works just fine as well.

5 minutes ago, BudwS said:

"Piece of crap broke" is a good description of W10.  

To be fair ;) a more extensive one is "broken piece of crap, increasingly more broken at each upgrade/update, broke (again)"

jaclaz

14 minutes ago, jaclaz said:

To be fair ;) a more extensive one is "broken piece of crap, increasingly more broken at each upgrade/update, broke (again)"

jaclaz

As well, "to be fair"; All of the last 6 Insider Preview W10 updates installed error free on the Dell laptop and the OS ran with no crashes.  All browsers with Ghostery included ran with no problems.  If W10 didn't have the lack of control issue and the data mining issue and the "big brother" security issues, I might consider using the product for other than a test system.  :cool:

Every morning a little nag screen reminds me I need 'important' updates. I select hide.

It tries so hard- but even Microsoft can't change one single fact. My primary hdd has less than 1.6Gb free space.

And I won't be freeing any either. It pleads me to make some room. Updates prevented. Simple.

Why.. this is on version 1511 and its stable enough, and everything works.

My fathers identical Chuwi laptop has bsods, and wifi issues since the Anniversary & Creators update.

you could just turn off automatic updates via the registry or using windows update mini tool.

about your fathers chuwi, that's to be expected from a macbook ripoff, only have to look at the reviews to see they aren't very good (no offence), doesn't mean i'd buy a macbook though, as i don't like apple, too expensive and gimmicky, you pay for the brand and not the specs, you could pay loads and still end up with a low end machine.

i only go for laptops if they can be upgraded as it makes them last a hell of a lot longer than some expensive doorstop.

Only to provide a single anecdata point.

I have a tiny Chuwi 8 tablet paid some 120 Euro or so, dual booting Windows (10, but the 32 bit version) and Android.

Honestly it simply works[1], both with the Windows and with the Android.

jaclaz

[1] for the very limited scopes it is used for, basically browsing the web, no fancy new programs installed on it, no tweaking, changes, nothing, only "stock from factory" software (with the only exception of 7-zip),

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, RanCorX2 said:

well, as for any cheapish tech, it works for some, hit n miss stuff.

Thanks for the New Years chuckle.  My cheapish tech, 10 year old MacBook bought at a resale store for $20, runs Windows 10 faster and more reliably than newer PC computers.  The not so cheapish tech, 7 year old iMac at $4,000, runs MS Office more reliably than PCs I've worked with plus all the Apple software that PCs won't run.  However, the tech in the iMac is still more technologically current than the tech in most PCs for sale now in stores.  Twice blessed with "hits." 

Another New Year chuckle to consider:  a couple of people have brought there Windows 10 PCs that weren't working for them over to the SunMac (Apple) Club in town on a "walk in for help" day and we helped them get get their W10 computer usable for them.  The local PC Club didn't help them, something about customer service. :)

2018 is starting out to be a fun year.  Am expecting a lot of crap.  :cool:

The whole point being, if it works, it works, if it doesn't it doesn't.

It is not like forking an awful lot of money for hardware gives you any assurance of it working, surely better built *whatever* has more probabilities to last longer or perform beter, but remaining in Apple's territory, the recent iPhone battery issue should tell you something.

And now, back to the crap, some news on MS patches for Windows 10 on AMD processors:

https://www.theregister.co.uk/2018/01/08/microsofts_spectre_fixer_bricks_some_amd_powered_pcs/

At the end of the day, both Meltdown and Spectre risks are just vulnerabilities, that have very, very low probabilities of being taken avantage of on your local machine, whilst the Microsoft patch is almost surely going to brick it. (and the way out is to re-install the whole d@mn thing and keep it it not updated, i.e. having it as exposed to these vulnerabilities as before).

jaclaz

Edited by jaclaz

2 hours ago, BudwS said:

Thanks for the New Years chuckle.  My cheapish tech, 10 year old MacBook bought at a resale store for $20, runs Windows 10 faster and more reliably than newer PC computers.  The not so cheapish tech, 7 year old iMac at $4,000, runs MS Office more reliably than PCs I've worked with plus all the Apple software that PCs won't run.  However, the tech in the iMac is still more technologically current than the tech in most PCs for sale now in stores.  Twice blessed with "hits." 

Another New Year chuckle to consider:  a couple of people have brought there Windows 10 PCs that weren't working for them over to the SunMac (Apple) Club in town on a "walk in for help" day and we helped them get get their W10 computer usable for them.  The local PC Club didn't help them, something about customer service. :)

2018 is starting out to be a fun year.  Am expecting a lot of crap.  :cool:

You spent 4 grand on a mac? Thanks for the new years chuckle too, also not sure how a 10 year old macbook would run windows 10 better than a modern pc, considering you have to run it via bootcamp and the bootcamp may or may not have reduced battery time and other issues, the page for the macbook lists 2012 models and up which is not 10 years ago.

I like to think of apple products as flashy stuff that fits into the category of buy it because it looks cool and but then regret it later because it cost so much, I just never saw the appeal. The only apple product i've owned was a used ipod but eventually got a used windows phone, upgraded it to w10, added a 200gb msd and found a folder mp3 player app, way better and more useful as i can listen to stuff either on earphones or from the phone speaker.

Edited by RanCorX2

The question is a good one:  Why does the old MacBook run Windows 10 better and faster than a modern PC even if Apple implies that this unsupported combination probably shouldn't work?  The next question is: Why don't all Surface PCs run Windows 10 better than any other computer running Windows 10?  The follow-on question is:  Why are computer manufacturers still having computers build in China after the "bad capacitor on the motherboards and power supplies" of 10 to 15 years ago fiasco?

Edited by BudwS
Missing punctuation.

Not to disappoint, but Apple builds most of their stuff in China too.

Some of their higher end stuff gets built in other places, but the vast majority of their low to mid range products come from factories in China.

And a 7 year old iMac being more current than a modern PC? a 2010 iMac would still be using a Core 2 Duo CPU, maybe a first gen i5 or i7, and, on paper, is significantly less advanced than many newer PCs (and Macs).

That being said, My 10 year old MacBook (bought new) ran XP better than most laptops did at the time, and the fact that it can still run Windows 10 decently is quite nice. Also, for the most part, if you can get all the drivers to install, Windows under Boot Camp should perform just fine, and power consumption shouldn't be much different than OS X's (that being said, I have noticed that the CPU under Windows tends to run a bit hotter).

c

Edited by cc333

Sometimes it seems that the "Worst Crap" comes from management or marketing decisions.  If an iPhone has a battery with a life of 2 years, don't mess with the software and the logical solution is to replace the battery after the 2 years for free. Or use the other solution and replace the battery yourself for $20 with a product that also included the necessary tools.  If I could do the battery replacement on an iPhone 4S in less than 15 minutes, wouldn't a trained technician at an Apple store do it more efficiently? And it would have brought the customers into the store where they may have bought something else!   The marketing plus would far outweigh the negative press brought about by the current decisions.

Even though more computers seem to be running Windows 10 better, The aura of "Windows 10 Worst Crap Ever" continues.  While the aura of "Windows 7 Pro works great" also continues.  I guess the money from data mining, telemetry and "Big Brother" control may influence some company decisions.  Technical comedy! :D :cool: