Official - Windows 10 Worst Crap Ever!

bookie32

I guess maybe because Win2k is to NT4 as Win98 is to Win95? And as such, I suppose there are people who prefer the lighter UI of 95/NT over the "webby" one in 98/ME/2k.

With some work, the UIs of 98, 2k and XP can be tweaked such that they're close approximations of the 95 UI, so you can have the UI, and still enjoy the benefits of running a more modern OS.

c

8 minutes ago, cc333 said:

I guess maybe because Win2k is to NT4 as Win98 is to Win95? And as such, I suppose there are people who prefer the lighter UI of 95/NT over the "webby" one in 98/ME/2k.

AFAIK, there is a way to entirely remove the "webby" part of the UI from Win2k/xp. There was a guide on the Internet. The UI (Explorer) would be exactly as on WinNT.

1 hour ago, Anixx said:

AFAIK, there is a way to entirely remove the "webby" part of the UI from Win2k/xp. There was a guide on the Internet. The UI (Explorer) would be exactly as on WinNT.

Win2k/me/98 uses internet explorer components for skinning. Windows xp doesn't do so rather it uses uxtheme and windows explorer.nt4.0 uses a bare minimum ui components depended on explorer.exe 

Edited by Dibya

3 hours ago, Dibya said:

Win2k/me/98 uses internet explorer components for skinning. Windows xp doesn't do so rather it uses uxtheme and windows explorer.nt4.0 uses a bare minimum ui components depended on explorer.exe 

A bit off tropic eh? This thread is about "win10 worst crap" guys.....

32 minutes ago, mikedigitize said:

A bit off tropic eh? This thread is about "win10 worst crap" guys.....

Not off topic we are trying to mean, earlier whome we mean craps cannot be said any more. You know why? Thanks to microsoft to make crapdows 10!

On 11/4/2017 at 1:54 PM, Anixx said:

There are people who still run Win2k. I do not know why one would want to run WinNT if running Win2k is possible.

I'm sure people have their reasons :)
NT only software (not that I know of any)? Maybe their hardware is extremely old and W2K is a bit too much. Maybe the drivers fundamentally written for NT 4.0 may not work on W2K.

16 hours ago, vinifera said:

dunno when M$ started with ribbon in explorer

Windows 8. They dropped the grouping in This PC and put everything under Devices and drives in 8.1.

I tend to do most things in Explorer with the mouse in the main section. I almost never touch ribbon and haven't used menus much on older versions neither. I figured I like the buttons New folder, Undo and Redo you can put on the window frame though. There are 3 other options there which access by other means. This feature comes with the ribbon.

• 2 weeks later...

I have an old hp-lapptop I run older w10 ver on (just swap hd-drives) The other day I put in a disk with 1607 on and right away it start to update to 1709 and I let it. After (took most part of the day) it was reedy (and wu had com to peas) Firefox felt it was it's time and did an upgrade to Quantum. BUT that did not go so well; the program did start (it show itself in start list) but nothing show in desk.... + all icons to the left on ff-icon show stuff related to FF until I killed FF... then they work as they suppose to do!img%5D

With all the hype about "improving" the Windows Update process...

I had my Win 10 v1709 test VM at 16299.19 with 100% perfect system integrity.  It's a clean, well setup system I use for testing.

Then I ran Windows Update.  It found the Malicious Software Removal Tool, a Flash update, and other stuff typically delivered with Windows Update.  But it did NOT find KB4048955 nor bring the system up to 16299.64.

But here's the kicker:  It did NOT emit any kind of error message!

Only running the .msu directly from the catalog brought the system up to 16299.64, so my conclusion is that Windows Update is no longer trustworthy (not that anything about Microsoft is trustworthy any more).

It's just a small step from "Something Happened" to emitting no message at all, I suppose, but...

Good software doesn't work this way.  Good systems don't expect that you have to reinstall or buy a new one every year.

-Noel

• Worst general UI design since Windows 3.11 (I rather use Windows 95 than Windows 10 UI-wise)
  • The built-in spyware telemetrics
  • The fact that games and programs are being installed without explicit permission of the user: (Like candy crush on a Windows 10 Professional OS)
  • The apps in general. Who needs X-box on a business PC?

I will most likely be using Windows Seven long after the extended support ended. It's going to be a sad time fighting security issues in the long run.

Edited by Hyper.nl

I have said this before and repeat it now....

Trying to get over this information about why one shouldn't buy Windows 10 is not the easiest task..

I explain to my customers that this OS is crap, it has been basically designed to spy on us and for each release Microsoft are boasting about improvements but things just do not work...

It is almost impossible to explain that if you have upgraded your computer from Windows 7, 8.0 and 8.1 the chances are your manufacturer doesn't support Windows 10 and that they would not want to pay the cost of me trying to fix things in Windows 10 when all manufacturers categorically say if you experience problems...reset your computer....

We are all aware of the fact that even purpose built computers for Windows 10 are experiencing problems with the crappy updates..."Crator's Edition" my arse! The couldn't create a p***** in a brewery....

The other thing is even though they say that Windows 10 is here to stay...Windows 10 isn't today what Windows 10 was when it was released and even that is creating enormous problems for manufacturers...

I still have Windows 7 with updates turned off and check the new updates from time to time to see if anything can be installed....

There is no way we will ever get these tossers to except that what they are producing is crap until the general public and huge companies say enough is enough...

Just had a customer tell me that here email provider is going over to Office 365 exchange because it is better and more reliable...what a load of horse manure...!!!!

bookie32