Official - Windows 10 Worst Crap Ever!

bookie32

On ‎8‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 8:03 AM, xpclient said:

It is evil.

Indeed.  It is the Emperor Darth Sidious of operating systems (even Darth Vader had good in him).

I have gone to extremes to try to "feel the good" in Windows 10.  I've applied all the tweaks I can find (Classic Shell is just the start of the list) and have invented a few myself.  I don't speak in hypothetical terms, I don't go with what others say, I have taken it upon myself to find out personally...

Yep, evil.  Because Microsoft has turned on us.

All I've been able to achieve - ALL I'VE DONE - is made it less apt to do the things I don't want it doing, and to look more (but not fully) like I want it to look.  Explorer comes up blank sometimes or Aero Glass crashes WinLogon.exe or it starts several extra "hosts" or it just runs less efficiently than any Windows ever - and that's with extreme tweaking.  Microsoft actively breaks some part of all that every month or so.

Here it sits - in a Virtual Machine ONLY, because I wouldn't put it on my hardware - if for no other reason than Microsoft ENSURES it will remain unstable.

Win10CreatorsEditionDesktop.png

For me Win 8.1 is still holding up, stable and a real workhorse running on my hardware for days, weeks, months.

-Noel

9 hours ago, NoelC said:

I've applied all the tweaks I can find (Classic Shell is just the start of the list) and have invented a few myself. 

But that is what makes windows 10 good (it motivated you to make something new).

Why would I ever need Windows 10 if there are no DirectX12 exclusive games other than from Microsoft Studios?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_games_with_DirectX_12_support

Why should I have more processes running in the background? Try making Win10 work with only ~28 processes :)

Why should I get rid of my well organized Start Menu?

This doesn't look good? M$ plz tell me what's wrong with my system that I HAVE to update it! One thing besides those games?!

59aae9e0669af_Beztytuu.thumb.png.7db59aae25575503bdcb8880d7e224b5.png

Yes indeed, ~28 processes.  Well done.  Functional and with minimal fluffery.

Remember XP?  You could get it in the high teens.

I don't even remember how many I had tweaked NT 4 down to or the versions before that.  God I've been tweaking Windows a long time.  First version I remember fooling with was on a PC XT.

-Noel

@NoelC - With my previous PC almost 4 years ago, I was having 19 processes at bootup with WinXP, those were the days :)

Also, try getting your head around all those new services in services.msc in Win10 :o  In Win7 I know which one does what, and which I need, resulting in low process count, which is something I pay close attention to. But in Win10, we have all those UWP services mixed with regular ones...

@My1 - It's the Pentium G4560, it has Hyper-Threading unlike older Pentiums, I have an SSD as well. I re-did the test just for you :) The Pentium is the bottleneck however :( , an I5 should max out the test:

Przechwytywanie.PNG.49f87877f0d088054063e9f92075062f.PNG

oh so the more "modern" pentiums are better I mean back when we had core2duo and so on pentium was essentially crap in comparison. and it doesnt wonder me that the pentium is the lowest, after all the score is defined by the lowest part and I was kinda surprised that you get a 7+ with a pentium.

and it also doesnt just have threading but also a second core, so what makes it different from like an i3? I mean to top it this thing runs 3,5GHz. even my i5 2320 didnt do that much (and my xeon x5670 also doesnt do that)

but is it really a good Idea to have this PC running win7? after all it IS a Kaby, and MS was so "nice" and axed updates for Sky and Kaby iirc unless you have 10 (which is imo not a good Idea for win8 because that thing is in main support still).

Edited by My1

Yes, the Kaby Lake Pentiums are very good and cheap. Intel made the current i3 lineup pointless, that's true. Thankfully, with Coffee Lake, they will be relevant once again.

To install updates on Kaby Lake and Ryzen (Skylake is not affected) just use this:

https://github.com/zeffy/wufuc

It modifies the WU DLL on the fly which blocks the updates. Simple, and it works flawlessly.

Of course, to install Win7 in the first place, you need to integrate the Intel USB 3.0 drivers to both boot.wim and install.wim, but using the free version of NTLite it's easy.

Edited by MrMateczko

why would I need to integrate USB3 drivers to install win7? especially since I usually install over SATA 3, not USB 3. (also I prefer a modded win8)

Edited by My1

Win7 does not have USB3 drivers unlike Win8+, integrating them is crucial if you install Win7 from USB flash drive, and use USB keyboard and mouse, if you use the DVD and PS/2 keyboard, then you don't have to integrate them.

I know Win8.1 is also a viable option, but that will be after 2020 :)

14 hours ago, My1 said:

well honestly some small features (e.g. win+x and win+screenshot-button) make w8.1 really nice to use as soon as you axed things like metro into oblivion.

Windows 8.1 +Start is back + aero theme (some unofficial ms style files can unlock aero much better than aero glass) + my special performance tweaks = far better os than 7 

Edited by Dibya

Just now, greenhillmaniac said:

Could you elaborate on this? Are there some style files that "unlock" Aero on 8.1 without Aero Glass? I'd like very much to know :dubbio:

I had it on my pc . I will try to find the link again. ..

Hard to imagine "much better" when Aero Glass on Win 8.1 works fine and lasts a long time, but I too would be interested in hearing about others who've solved the problem of bringing back style to Win 8.1 desktops...

-Noel

Edited by NoelC