Official - Windows 10 Worst Crap Ever!

bookie32

Back to the old Win 10 crap.  Win 10 Update was in to process of going from 16251 to 16257 which was running several hours.  Win 10 Update managed to update from 16251 to 16251.  Perhaps this is the new circular Update?

This crap is a moving target.  Well, as expected the Apple MacBook, on the second try, updated from Win 10 (32 bit) Insider 16251 to 16257.1.  However, the Mail icon was gone.  Used outlook.com to get to emails.  After the next restart, the Mail icon was back?  Now you see the crap, now you don't.  The Dell laptop is 3 hours into the second try to update from Win 10 (64 bit) Insider 16251 to 16257.1.  Reminds me being back on the farm shoveling the crap.  (Childhood memories) (No computers, just crap) (Well, now it's crap and computers) :cool:

The Dell laptop is on Win 10 Pro (64 bit) Insider 16257.1 after 4 hours and a little bit.  The little bit was for believing that the update made it.  So far the Win 10 at least starts up and shuts down.  Very important features for a computer. :D

Edited by BudwS
New information.

Went to Home Depot the other day, and I noticed they were using 10 on their check-out registers. What a *terrible* decision!!

I guess it makes that other, more insulting meaning for "POS" more relevant....

c

On 01/08/2017 at 6:14 PM, vinifera said:

their naming is ultra retarded
a Fall Creators update ? (wasn't there already some stupid creators update ???)
a Anniversary ????

whats next, an engagement or wedding ?
maybe "Class of 14" ?

Lol who will marry with windows 10?  She is so soo crashing by nature.  I donot wanna have a wife like her.

Edited by Dibya

Hey, Explorer has a new bug (feature?) in recent Insider Builds. Whatever view you pick, all items are shifted to the right by some amount. It can still be crashed by invoking back/forward action when a context menu is open while renaming a file. Deleting a file from the root of plain removable storage media still shows file size of 0 in the confirmation dialog regardless of actual size and the last modification date is missing.

The last one is pretty odd. What about the performance issues that were mentioned recently? Any idea if those are being addressed?

33 minutes ago, UCyborg said:

It can still be crashed by invoking back/forward action when a context menu is open while renaming a file

well this one has at least nothing to do with w10 in any way (except that it isnt fixed yet), since it also is on win8.1.

13 hours ago, My1 said:

well this one has at least nothing to do with w10 in any way (except that it isnt fixed yet), since it also is on win8.1.

Exactly, Win10 is supposed to be the greatest MS's creation!

4 hours ago, My1 said:

well they think so, maybe, but apparently a lot of ppl think different.

Yes, we can say without risk of being wrong....MIcrosoft believe...or want us to believe that Windows 10 is the greatest creation....BUT we know different....don't we....:ph34r:

bookie32

true that. our history teacher back in school told us that we can believe in the church (or that we can believe on sundays), when we tried to start an answer with "I believe it's ..."

• 2 weeks later...

I'm forced to agree with the title of this thread (topic).

However, it's the Soup of the Day, and it comes pre-installed on every NEW PC today.  Personally I don't like the looks of it when first installed.  So I do what I have done with every MS OS, for several Decades.  I tweak and tune it to suit my own tastes and needs.  That includes installing and customizing "The Classic Shell", which can make Windows 10 look and act pretty much like Windows XP or Win-7. 

It's a FREE program, and I never set up Windows 10 without it.

Just a thought, and an option for those who don't like the looks and feel of the natural Windows 10.

It's totally fixable! 

Andromeda :)

Hi Andromeda43:D

On ‎8‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 0:37 AM, Andromeda43 said:

I'm forced to agree with the title of this thread (topic).

However, it's the Soup of the Day, and it comes pre-installed on every NEW PC today.  Personally I don't like the looks of it when first installed.  So I do what I have done with every MS OS, for several Decades.  I tweak and tune it to suit my own tastes and needs.  That includes installing and customizing "The Classic Shell", which can make Windows 10 look and act pretty much like Windows XP or Win-7. 

It's a FREE program, and I never set up Windows 10 without it.

Just a thought, and an option for those who don't like the looks and feel of the natural Windows 10.

It's totally fixable! 

Andromeda :)

It depends on what you call "fixable"...

If fixable means stripping Windows 10 of all that Microsoft want you to have as many of our friends here have done....if you add, as you say classic shell, which I have recommended to my customers for years...

THEN, and only then, it is possible to use Windows 10....****...I forgot to include how many computers that have stopped working, hardware that Microsoft updates and stops working, and the plain fact that Windows 10 doesn't actually work for many even those that have bought computers with it preinstalled...

Hope that helps!

bookie32

Edited by Tommy
Removed language

A Start Menu and other amazing apps like OldNewExplorer etc can fully fix Windows 7 or 8.1, but they cannot fix the atrocities of Windows 10. Windows 10 is an OS fundamentally designed to mess up your setup. Candy Crush and other crap auto installing without asking, ads in File Manager and other places, shilling MS apps to the user even after the user has set his defaults, using bandwidth without permission to download or share updates, taking an abnormally long time to do updates, wasting the user's time at logon and logoff with configuring huge updates, randomly breaking and uninstalling things people are using with updates that nobody asked for, overriding hardware configurations with forced driver changes, and countless other things. It is evil.

P.S. And I didn't even mention the SIZE of typical updates which is so completely out of control that they hid it from the UI so the user would never know how much data he is downloading to his PC and what a bandwidth waste this OS is.

Edit: Cleaned up language. :P  Thank you! -Tommy

Off topic a bit

i just wondering why next RS, the nest version of windows is taking so long to release

there not enuf new features to make it so much time , mb new telemetry features :ph34r:

Edited by aviv00