Official - Windows 10 Worst Crap Ever!

bookie32

Oh, crap!  Can't believe I did that.  Tried to get the Boot Camp Windows 10 partition to become a Dual Boot, Win 10 and Win 7.  The Shrink to establish the second partition started to work but wiped out the Apple Host!  And Win 10 stopped working as well.  However, it was good practice to build out the MacBook back to OS X and Boot Camp Win 10, 16193.  Three days and it's back again.  Might even be a more stable combination this time.  Sorry about the use of "stable."  Apple just works if you don't do stupid.

The crap is piled a little higher.  The MacBook is on 16193 and running OK.  The Dell laptop is there, too but Win 10 seems to have trouble finding the Dell network adapters.  Seems to run the processor at 50% while the rest of the computer is doing little or nothing when it can't find the network adapters.  Seems to have some Freeze issues as well.  Sort of the old "Branch on Self" programming.  Takes holding down the power off button until it shuts down to get control back.  Once it finally sees the network adapter and the WIFI is back then the processor runs at less than 10% under normal idle conditions.  Oh, and it seemed to take an extra hour for the this update to complete.

• 3 weeks later...
18 hours ago, greenhillmaniac said:

wow.PNG.4eabbeabd59859adaef67e75c035e47d.PNG

https://twitter.com/tomwarren/status/871804942511722496

Found it funny... One of the main guys that made Windows 8 dissing on Windows 10. Since this is the thread related to Windows 10 being the worst thing ever, I found it appropriate.

looks like apple also want to move to phone desktop integration

Apple made some new IoT nonsense and one of their selling points is that you can integrate across all of your Apple devices with the Apple ID. I guess we aren't at full saturation yet where regular people think that is a bad idea.

well under certain curcumstances (2FA for example) this can be safer than a simple password.

especially in comparison to all the iot crap that lead to Mirai

Edited by My1

Those user features that MS has been trying to program into W10 are things that have been working on Apple for years.  Just one example:  Switch from one user to another is a single key stroke on an iMac and the change is almost immediate.  Try that on W10 and several minutes later the activity completes.  And yes, Apple products do play well together.  Win 10 has a long way to go in that regard.

No new Insider W10 crap updates released in more than 3 weeks.  Wonder what that means?  Does someone think that the product is crap not worth releasing? No, that can't be it.  Wonder if they tried to use the product?  Sure, they use it every day because it's such a good product.  Yup, works great here when the PC is powered off.  Not a bit of trouble.

On 07/05/2017 at 7:38 PM, vinifera said:

nothing of this will happen

1. there is no Embedded version anymore (still think its great OS ?)
2. won't happen coz of 1 and 4
3. nope, they need this to again control monopoly
4. won't happen, ever ever, use win 2000 instead

there is no "light on resources", if anything win 8 and 10 are worst, as they contain more .net code than any winnt in past
your "experience" gets blinded by hardware and correct driver support

compare me how XP that runs with no features removed on 64 MB RAM, installs within 5 minutes and takes ~200 MB disk space
is heavier than winblows 10 ?

Surely xp rtm with no service pack will run fine on p2 with 64mb ram but sp1 and higher is another story . Even for the time of xp release most people had 128mb at least 

On 6/6/2017 at 7:28 PM, vinifera said:

well they both suck (8 and 10)
10 is just evolution of 8

there's nothing apealing in 8 either

Tsk tsk tsk .... that's not an educated opinion.  Out of the box, perhaps.  But Windows 8 can be molded in to a VERY VERY productive environment.  Better than Windows 7 - hands down!

)

1 hour ago, JodyT said:

Tsk tsk tsk .... that's not an educated opinion.  Out of the box, perhaps.  But Windows 8 can be molded in to a VERY VERY productive environment.  Better than Windows 7 - hands down!

)

Windows 7 x64 is far inferior to a super tweaked 8/8.1....

i donot know why people judge a book by its cover , metro ui is really hell but 8/8.1 kernel is far more stable where see 7 x64 is many reason unstable still people prefer it due its UI and that silly Aero(I am happy to drop FPS in your game my name is Aero).

hands down man !! Windows 7 32bit is fine but for true 64bit experience 8/8.1 is real deal until and unless win32k.sys bugs are fixed by MS that make the os eats up too much RAM and CPU .

Even in benchmarks 7 x64 perform worse than vista x64

Even 10 is just a crap still no os can beat its Directx 11 performance