Official - Windows 10 Worst Crap Ever!

bookie32

Hi TrevMUN:D

Well, I can give my two penneth worth...lol

As from a design aspect it was aimed at the telephone and ipad market....and even so it has been a disaster on that front....

Just because the first thing people seem to do is access the Internet via en ipad or telephone doesn't make it a logical example to build a new OS for....

I always get on my soap box about this....just look at our computers of today, the processors, memory, hard drives, monitors.....the technology is fantastic and keeps getting better and far as the development of hardware it isn't based on the crap that comes from Microsoft...it is still the games market...

I have hundreds of customers and I wouldn't go as far to say 2% of them think the design and layout of Windows 10 is good or better than Windows 7.....I have installed Classic Shell in almost all Windows 10 computers because the majority of users hate the menu system...it is at best irritating!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Windows 10 is still causing chaos in computers...just an example....customer had an update from Windows that she says was installed on the computer....

After that she couldn't get into the computer with her password....I activated the Administrator and went in that way to check the computer but it froze...I was forced to do a hard shutdown and after that it wouldn't start....the repair just kept on trying and I tried three or four different ways to recover the drive...nada

This is a ssd 128GB so there is no "factory" recovery built into the computer....and I don't mean the crap recovery from Microsoft either....

I can actually reinstall it but then it is a standard installation and not her own recovery....

It is a holiday here tomorrow and I have to see if HP will do anything about this as it is on guarantee.... She has no recovery media and when I checked it was going to cost money...so it is up to HP on Tuesday....

90 % of my customers never read the instructions that follow in the packaging about ordering a recovery media etc....a lot of them can get the recovery media free if they just read the info!!

Windows 10 is crap and most of my time is spent fixing this s***....At the moment I couldn't give a crap about the so called nice design...just expect it to work under the hood...and it clearly doesn't ...

I know there are threads here for tweaking Windows 10....in other words removing all the crap but normal everyday Joe Bloggs doesn't know how to do that and wants something that just works....

Getting off my soap box again....

bookie32

Edited by bookie32

I was doing some of the things I normally do during software development yesterday on my Win 10 "Creator's" test system.   I opened a File Explorer window to a network drive then clicked a column to re-sort the files by date.  The drive was spun down in a power-saving mode on the server (and thus didn't respond right away)...  File Explorer just went blank, and didn't ultimately display the files in re-sorted order.  It just stayed blank!  Only navigating to a different folder and back again caused it to display the files again.

THAT is precisely the kind of crap I don't need from an OS that's expected to support my work!  And it is a problem I have never seen in prior versions.  But even worse, it's precisely the kind of problem that any number of home users won't see during the public "beta test", and thus businesses will struggle with it when it's rolled-out to them, even if they're on the Current Branch for Business.

Microsoft has failed to remember that making an OS that businesses use is why people chose to use it at home.  They wanted the same thing they were used to using at work.  It just isn't valid to try to turn it around and have Windows focus on being a "home system".

-Noel

The crap gets better and better.  "Never give up."  Went back to Win 7 Pro on the Dell laptop and then used Media Creation Tool to download Win 10 Pro.  What came down was 1511, 10586.873 Windows 10 Pro (Just a couple years old).  And the W10 was digitally activated!  And better yet, the key is the same key that wouldn't activate Win 10 before?!  This was an interesting challenge.  And NO, Windows 10 is not a home production computer here.  It's just a jigsaw puzzle with a few missing pieces.

On 30/01/2017 at 9:18 PM, NoelC said:

But the worst of it is that Microsoft is asserting control.  They don't WANT you doing what you did.

This is one of the many issues I have with Windows 10. Since the release of the Anniversary update (which removed the option to disable the lock screen) i've been saying that MS seem to be taking the P away from PC. I'm aware that you can use third party tools to fix a few of the issues, but we shouldnt have to. But its not just about the lack of personalization options and customization options that annoy me with 10. Blocking of certain drivers needed for certain games to install, the constant nagging from Windows (as I set up pictures, music, etc with other programs) and every other time I go to open up a picture of something I get a message saying "Are you sure you want to keep using this app?"

Then there's the apps that we cant remove (yet as proven by Noel they can be) such as the Get Help app, which is useless. Settings now has adverts in the side for the Help app, and feedback app since the creators update. Not to mention the flickering of pinned items on the taskbar whenever you interact with the recycle bin, (which is driving me crazy) and thats done it since launch and on every system thats running Windows 10 that i've seen. Then of course theres an issue which I only get under 10 where if I move alot of files around (I download alot of stuff) then I have to reboot as Windows stops displaying menus and generally starts messing about, and rebooting seems slower under 10 still.

I keep debating about going back to 7 or 8.1. But I can't stand the icons on it after getting used to the flatness of 10's icons (which is one of the only things about 10 I like.)

I would have to agree windows 7 was the best in that it was the most stable and windows 10 is just awful!.

Edited by m1ck

On 4/30/2017 at 11:01 PM, mikedigitize said:

Win 10 is just an OS to run apps to access the internet. Thats all!

If the Windows 10 OS can't find the wired or wireless adapters to access the Internet, is there any value in it?  Those same wired and wireless adapters using Windows 7 have no problem getting to the Internet.  I wonder if it is necessary to buy a new computer to get to the Internet with Win 10?  Just talking crap.

Persistence: Along the crap road.  The Dell laptop is now on a newer Windows 10, 1607, 15025.  At least the software is a year newer.  And 15025 sees both of the WIFI adapters on the computer.  My question is, "What W10 software is missing when the windows update moves beyond 15025 that causes the WIFI adapters to be lost?"  The adapters are still in the Device Manager display. However, the WIFI Network parameter is missing in Settings.  So, no Internet connection when windows update goes into action although the WIFI adapter is used to do the update.  I suppose that a manager could have decided to take those adapters off of the "Qualified" list.  Sort of crappy if that is the case.

8 hours ago, BudwS said:

Sort of crappy if that is the case.

All of this made me stressed and depressed and to get some rest of my mind I put Mint 18 on my old laptop. Now-days I feel came and good....

15 hours ago, BudwS said:

If the Windows 10 OS can't find the wired or wireless adapters to access the Internet, is there any value in it?  Those same wired and wireless adapters using Windows 7 have no problem getting to the Internet.  I wonder if it is necessary to buy a new computer to get to the Internet with Win 10?  Just talking crap.

even new computers with Windows 10 have had issues with network adapters. I have a Surface thing (got it cheep) and after receiving the blob of updates I could no longer access the internet. Needless to say it was about a month before I had the will to go and fix it lol.

"Why Windows 10 S is like giving babies cigarettes"

http://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/opinion/3009514/why-windows-10-s-is-like-giving-babies-cigarettes

Chris Merriman: "I want to write a really positive article about Microsoft. I get tired of listening to myself complain about every crappy thing they do. But they just keep doing more crappy things. And it has to stop."

Amazing Crap today:  The Dell laptop updated from 15025 to 15063 but the WIFI was gone.  That's been the recent scenario of the Win 10 saga.  So I thought that I'd try plugging an ethernet cable into the network router.  Yup, no connection there either.  So just for grins, tried a couple of netsh interface ipv4 commands, install and reset.  No apparent change so did a shutdown and power on.  Now comes the amazing part:  The WIFI magically was back and working normal?!!!!!!!  The laptop in on the way to updating to 16188.  Go figure?!

On ‎5‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 9:32 AM, mikedigitize said:

"Why Windows 10 S is like giving babies cigarettes"

http://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/opinion/3009514/why-windows-10-s-is-like-giving-babies-cigarettes

Chris Merriman: "I want to write a really positive article about Microsoft. I get tired of listening to myself complain about every crappy thing they do. But they just keep doing more crappy things. And it has to stop."

Yes, he gets it.  It's about Microsoft trying to change what's considered "Normal" to something that's both worse and benefits them.

-Noel

I can tell people here do not like Windows 10.

Personally I think Windows 10 is great.
Among the OS's I use daily (Linux Ubuntu + Mint, macOS 10.11 and Windows 10) I like it the best.
It is the fastest and most stable.

There are few things I'd like to see:

• Customization on Installation (I'd really like the option not to install many many things).
  • Less services in the background.
  • Being able to shut down Cortana without losing the search functionality.
  • Being able to shut down telemetry.

I like the latest update (1703).
Windows 10 gets more coherency with each update.
I hope next updates will emphasize being light and efficient on resources.