Official - Windows 10 Worst Crap Ever!

bookie32

A new sort of crap:  Hard to believe but 15031 is still running reasonable stable.  Apps I've used actually work.  The Control Panel is gone, folded into Settings.  I wonder if this is the calm before the storm?  Still running with Microsoft Basic Display Driver.

There were a lot of things in the Control Panel that I wondered whether would ever be ported to Settings.  Do they seem like they're all there?

No pressure to answer; I'm sure we'll all see the software soon enough.

-Noel

24 minutes ago, NoelC said:

There were a lot of things in the Control Panel that I wondered whether would ever be ported to Settings.  Do they seem like they're all there?

No pressure to answer; I'm sure we'll all see the software soon enough.

-Noel

The Control Panel is not gone. They just replaced the shortcut on the Win+X menu from the Control Panel into the Settings... This almost reminds me of the fake reports that CMD was gone from new Windows 10 builds, because they replaced certain shortcuts to Powershell. I know Windows 10 is bad, but not even Microsoft would do that :P

Under 15031, Win+x did not bring up a Control Panel link.  It brought up the same menu that a right-click on the Start Menu icon does.  Tried this using a USB Dell windows keyboard using Win+x which brought up the right-click Start Menu, no Control Panel link.  Win+X just produced a chime sound.  The Apple keyboard using the Apple+x produced the same result as the Win+x key stroke as well as the chime sound with Apple+X. In both cases, no link to Control Panel.  A link to Control Panel may be there somewhere but it is not obvious to this insider.

However, from another forum entry, "hit the win logo key and type Control Panel and hit the Enter Key" brought up the Control Panel window.  Then the additional suggestion is, "If you want it to have easy access you can just click its icon in the Taskbar while it is running and Pin to taskbar.:)"  (That's a right on the icon)  Obvious is explained.

• 2 weeks later...

Some good crap!?  Windows 10 Pro insider preview, 15042, Windows Updated error free, no issues!  Just to doubled check this situation, installed the Cliqz browser with Ghostery extention.  It just worked.  (Oh-oh, didn't I say that about Apple software?)  On the other hand, after two years, it's about time.  Yes, some other apps that were checked worked as well.  The procedure above got the Control Panel, too.

Win 10 is back to the Worst Crap Ever on the Dell laptop.  Runs OK on 15025.  Fails on 15031, 15042, 15046 and 15048 but does restore to 15025 OK.  The Windows Update works using the WIFI Internet connection for those failed versions.  However, the new version magically loses the WIFI that was just used to update W10, no Internet connection.  The Ethernet connection fails the same way.  Many tries to fix this with no solution.

29 minutes ago, BudwS said:

Win 10 is back to the Worst Crap Ever on the Dell laptop.  Runs OK on 15025.  Fails on 15031, 15042, 15046 and 15048 but does restore to 15025 OK.  The Windows Update works using the WIFI Internet connection for those failed versions.  However, the new version magically loses the WIFI that was just used to update W10, no Internet connection.  The Ethernet connection fails the same way.  Many tries to fix this with no solution.

Holly Crap ! No internet connection

4 hours ago, Dibya said:

Holly Crap ! No internet connection

I've been experiencing this stupid issue on Windows 10 as well. My computer using wireless loses its connections for moments daily, its annoying because it NEVER happened on my unstable Windows 98 (or any other operating system, including Linux) installations...

Just now, ~♥Aiko♥Chan♥~ said:

I've been experiencing this stupid issue on Windows 10 as well. My computer using wireless loses its connections for moments daily, its annoying because it NEVER happened on my unstable Windows 98 (or any other operating system, including Linux) installations...

Same with my HP pavilion , neither wifi nor ethernet is working .

7 hours ago, ~♥Aiko♥Chan♥~ said:

You don't have satellite internet do you?  Here it's the season where geostationary satellites cross in front of the sun...

-Noel

Well, the MacBook has lessened the Crap Factor a little.  Yup, the Apple MacBook running Windows 10 insider preview under Boot Camp updated to 15048 with no issues. This post is using 15048 on the MacBook using the Cliqz browser that has the Ghostery extention installed.  Windows mail works.  Malwarebytes works.  Even Microsoft Store works.

The Dell laptop got the Missing WIFI issue with 15048, too.  The Dell laptop recovered back to 15025 where the WIFI connection magically appeared.

Both computers use the same internet connection.  I'm beginning to wonder what Windows software was inserted to blacklist the Dell laptop????  Or does the MacBook have a blacklist override built in????

This is a great learning feature for the insider program.

On 3/4/2017 at 10:46 AM, NoelC said:

You don't have satellite internet do you?  Here it's the season where geostationary satellites cross in front of the sun...

-Noel

Interesting thought.  My internet link is CenturyLink.  I'm just wondering how the sun selectively disrupts Dell computers and not Apple computers connected to the same internet link?

Edited by BudwS