Official - Windows 10 Worst Crap Ever!

bookie32

guess "security" suits from av companies will again shine
new blockers will have to be made, ... kinda history repeats itself

but, if i live enough, win7 will be my last, as much as i hate it but linux is next logic step
winblows in its current way will kill itself

Classic Shell is fantastic but it doesn't fix the rest of the completely messed up OS that Windows 10 is. I hope the id*** who built Windows 10 get fired and never find another job. :P 

Edited by xpclient

41 minutes ago, xpclient said:

Classic Shell is fantastic but it doesn't fix the rest of the completely messed up OS that Windows 10 is. I hope the id*** who built Windows 10 get fired and never find another job. :P 

The problem is that it probably isn't just an id***... It could well be an entire department. :realmad:

3 hours ago, xpclient said:

it doesn't fix the rest of the completely messed up OS that Windows 10 is.

Can you make a list of things that cannot be changed in windows 10 since I didnt encounter such problem. Metro still can be completely disabled (for now), start menu, explorer and taskbar can easily be made to look like windows 7 (thanks to 3rd party tools), open with dialog can easily be replaced... I didnt even encounter any problem even after disabling large number of services (I only have 37 services enabled).

Edited by kosamja

1 hour ago, kosamja said:

Can you make a list of things that cannot be changed in windows 10 since I didnt encounter such problem. Metro still can be completely disabled (for now), start menu, explorer and taskbar can easily be made to look like windows 7 (thanks to 3rd party tools), open with dialog can easily be replaced... I didnt even encounter any problem even after disabling large number of services (I only have 37 services enabled).

Well for starters, typical updates are 1 GB. They should be 10 MB. :P End of story. This OS is dead for me. Happy that I don't have to use this POS if I don't want to.

8 hours ago, kosamja said:

We're birds of a feather...  I have done a similar thing, to make Windows 10 ALMOST good enough to use (as I think xpclient has as well). 

But Windows 10 is still just *not quite* as good when the dust settles as a similarly tweaked Windows 8.1 or 7 system.  There are just things that don't work - for example current display drivers being made by ATI are dumbed down to Windows 10's level and have fewer features, making using it on my multi-monitor setup impossible for me.

But the worst of it is that Microsoft is asserting control.  They don't WANT you doing what you did.  Therefore, they're making it much harder to do it and you HAVE to do it over and over, up to a couple of times a year when they release a new "version".  I don't know about you, but I'm getting fricking tired of having to undo their crap over and over again to make Windows usable.  And you should know I was once a rabid tweaker who loved doing this stuff.  So for me it remains a well-understood curiosity in a virtual machine.  The physical computer I need to get work done on is still running Windows 8.1, heavily tweaked.

-Noel

@NoelC you are birds? I have never seen birds operating a PC though...

but regaring you last sentence that you are using win8.1 heavily modded, I must add a me2.

well I am using win8 Pro though and I even went far enough to get myself a second win8.1 Pro License for my Desktop (I mainly use my Laptop) and I have COAs for both (the windows that came with my Laptop was win8 home but I like pro better coz gpedit and stuff. and I prefer COA Licenses a lot over Download Licenses where you have an email or a scrap of paper with the License code where only god knows [if he even exists] whether the license was sold multiple times or is even genuine)

I have my insider windows on the 2nd partition because well it's a free demo for seeing MS's bullcrap but I am almost never using it.iirc in the whole 2016 0I only booted it up a few times in december and that was when I was moving my OS to another drive where I had to remove bitlocker and later check that all worked.

I was starting to like Windows 10. But some caveats have caused me to go back to Windows 7.

1. For some reason, when I go to open my folder with all my documents, Explorer would crash.

2. Windows 10's updating system was horrible. Because my Internet is limited, I need more control on how Windows 10 downloads its updates. But when I go to do that, it decides to just sit there and use up 30% of my CPU doing nothing. 

3. Who knows how much data was being siphoned out... however I haven't really recorded any significant signs of that happening.
4. Compatibility with older programs is quite subpar.

Anyway, that's just me. I'm pretty sure Windows 10 has been working for many others, but I'm gonna wait longer. 'Till then, 7 is a solid OS.

Just ordered a 1TB SSD for the Dell Latitude laptop running Windows 7 Pro.  Probably nothing to do with Windows 10 except Win 7 is stable and Win 10 isn't.  The Insider feedback questionnaire asked if I was going to buy a new Win 10 PC or suggest such a purchase to other people.  Easy answer, "No."  However, the 2TB SSD MacBook Pro is calling.

The current Win 10 Insider nudge was the Black Screen on Startup after the last Windows Update 15025.  Black Screen is worse crap than White Text Boxes.  The Black Screen required an iso clean boot to recover.  Just when I was thinking about saying something nice about Win 10.  Black Screen face-slap brought me back to reality.

The Apple iMac just keeps working.  Go figure.

46 minutes ago, BudwS said:

Just ordered a 1TB SSD for the Dell Latitude laptop running Windows 7 Pro.  Probably nothing to do with Windows 10 except Win 7 is stable and Win 10 isn't.  The Insider feedback questionnaire asked if I was going to buy a new Win 10 PC or suggest such a purchase to other people.  Easy answer, "No."  However, the 2TB SSD MacBook Pro is calling.

The current Win 10 Insider nudge was the Black Screen on Startup after the last Windows Update 15025.  Black Screen is worse crap than White Text Boxes.  The Black Screen required an iso clean boot to recover.  Just when I was thinking about saying something nice about Win 10.  Black Screen face-slap brought me back to reality.

Thank God for reality....;)

bookie32

10 hours ago, bookie32 said:

Macs have a way of doing that. Not all Macs or Mac-OSes are perfect (Apple has had their share of disasters over the years), but by and large, they do tend to be more reliable than most Windows PCs I've used.

c

The cloned 1TB SSD worked great on the Dell Latitude E5410 i5 quad.  Won't have to buy a new PC now.  The Windows 7 Pro is acting like its MacBook 1TB SSD table mate, it just works.

Recovered from the black screen face-slap on the Boot Camp Win 10 insider Preview system.  Did a Boot Camp wipe out of the Win 10 test partition.  Rebuilt Boot Camp:  Vista to Win 7 and then used the 15025 iso to get back to Win 10.  Insider Fast Track Win 10 15025 Updated to 15031 with only the White text Box issue.  Microsoft Basic Display Driver fixes that for this test system.  The Clean Build seems to have stabilized the MS software.  Interesting point is that I had to Quit Malwarebytes before I could run Windows Defender.  Whatever works.  15,031 new brains cells were grown in this mental exercise.  Just a little less crap today.