Official - Windows 10 Worst Crap Ever!

bookie32

Since their change of directive it seems that Microsoft has forgotten that they depend on customers, and that "customer is always right". 

Among their clients there are billions of business terminals and professional computers used for the most diverse economic activities, but never for games or as toys for fun. Nowadays Microsoft sells an operating system which is becoming more and more like a game to to let time go by. 

Someone said "You can fool many people for a short time, or a few people for a long time, but it is impossible to fool many people for a long time."

They should open their eyes wide and respect everybody interests by offering a Windows 7 based OS for professionals and a different OS adapted to the needs of mobile users.

Edited by cannie

This is a possible way for them to force features even onto LTSB branch before the max allowed (10 years?) feature push.

Heres a big pile of updates that we wont call a service pack anymore. It adds features a business does not want. So far so good, except..

Sorry, but we decided not to update ###1 anymore, you need to accept the ###2 big pile of updates & features to get any more security updates.

I use the term features loosely. One mans source of milk is another mans source of manure.

10 hours ago, cannie said:

Since their change of directive it seems that Microsoft has forgotten that they depend on customers, and that "customer is always right". 

Among their clients there are billions of business terminals and professional computers used for the most diverse economic activities, but never for games or as toys for fun. Nowadays Microsoft sells an operating system which is becoming more and more like a game to to let time go by. 

Someone said "You can fool many people for a short time, or a few people for a long time, but it is impossible to fool many people for a long time."

They should open their eyes wide and respect everybody interests by offering a Windows 7 based OS for professionals and a different OS adapted to the needs of mobile users.

If Microsoft had any respect for its customers/users it wouldn't have released Windows 10 in the first place....then offering it as an upgrade...finally a recommended update....

Microsoft has no ethics and doesn't seem too worried by the complaints they get... but only time will tell...

bookie32

They have convinced themselves that no one in the world is smarter than they are, and that everything they're doing wrong is "leadership".

In fact, they are only smarter than about half the people in the world.

-Noel

I watched a stream with Edge browser. It worked fine for around 3 hours, then it started stuttering. Then it crashed. But the worst part was, while Edge crashed, it still stayed on the screen. I tried the close button, which worked and put up the question about closing multiple tabs, but then it still stayed on the screen and menu became totally unresponsive. The page that was loaded (sans video) still worked. I was finally able to close it with Task Manager.

I guess I'm just used to when a program crashes or you choose to close it, it actually closes.

random Windows 10 question are you able to link your windows activation to your MS account I don't recall what screen I was looking at that game me this thought, but if it is possible this may in some cases may be a benefit especially in the case of lost product key. 

but if the link of you win key to the MS acc cant be removed you cant really sell your windows if needed, just for example. I usually have my Win8 pro key stickers (I only buy Windows with the nice holographic COA stickers, for pretty obvious reasons) in a Case containing my Win8.1 DVD and a copy of the keys is usually somewhere in my emails and/or my harddrive.

15 hours ago, helpdesk98 said:

random Windows 10 question are you able to link your windows activation to your MS account I don't recall what screen I was looking at that game me this thought, but if it is possible this may in some cases may be a benefit especially in the case of lost product key. 

And I think this only is the case for certain Windows 10 installations. For example, if you did a free upgrade, that is not the type of Windows 10 you can bind to your account.

13 hours ago, vinifera said:

lol wait wait

does that screenshot show how a pinned icon now acts like ex-notification bar ?
and even worse spams adverts on its own ?

Heh heh heh, for decades get people used to looking at balloon pop-ups like they mean something important, then substitute ads.

And worse, I doubt very much Chrome is putting up an ad for Microsoft's Shopping Assistant.  That's got to be the OS adding that.

I can't help but think this is going to cause a pent up demand for an OS without ads that you can actually pay for.  But we can be sure they're planning to just lease it to you for a monthly charge instead of selling licenses again.

-Noel

From the "Worst Crap Ever for Business Usage" department...

As of now, though there's a fix in the works, a user with Windows 10 "Anniversary" can't actually create a folder on a network server (with indexing active) and name it what they want.

Some threads by IT pros describing the problem...

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/b72c763e-d029-4e65-a2dc-885a5aabf643/problem-creatingrenaming-a-folder-on-a-network-share-with-win10-anniversary-update-error?forum=win10itpronetworking

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/276c3ef2-e58e-490c-9736-4fa39983ee2d/problem-creatingrenamingdeleting-a-folder-on-a-network-share-or-mapped-drive-w-win10-anniversary?forum=win10itpronetworking

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/029b7a18-5759-4c32-ad8a-48fdbb77744c/problem-creatingrenaming-a-folder-on-a-network-share-with-win10-anniversary-update-error?forum=win10itpronetworking

Oops, could it be that consumers testing pre-releases of an operating system for free don't actually cover all of the needs of serious business usage?

-Noel