Official - Windows 10 Worst Crap Ever!

bookie32

10 hours ago, NoelC said:

Doesn't this illustrate what I was saying very nicely?  People complain that Microsoft's forced update policy isn't providing them enough control over their own systems, so they narrow down the allowed time for automatic reboot from 12 hours each day to 6 hours.  Yeah, that's really what they are asking for.  Not.

Yeah, this whole Active Hours thing is ridiculous. I've posted a couple of times about it on the Insiders Feedback app. What capability, exactly, does it provide that the user didn't enjoy before? The only thing it accomplishes is to force you to plan out when you will reboot as otherwise Windows will do it for you. How about I make my own decision in my own good time??? :realmad: My PCs have been known to wait for weeks with the Windows Update reboot reminder quietly sitting in a corner until I finish clearing my numerous open windows and am good and ready to reboot. At my convenience.

--JorgeA

Edited by JorgeA
typo

The separation of all those services into individual svchost instances - beyond the obvious waste of resources - is claimed to prevent co-hosted services from being crashed along with services that crash.

Do you think they're doing it for OUR benefit?  Or do you think that will give them license to release poorer quality services?

When's the last time you had a service crash in Win 8 or older?

-Noel

8 hours ago, NoelC said:

The separation of all those services into individual svchost instances - beyond the obvious waste of resources - is claimed to prevent co-hosted services from being crashed along with services that crash.

Do you think they're doing it for OUR benefit?  Or do you think that will give them license to release poorer quality services?

When's the last time you had a service crash in Win 8 or older?

-Noel

well unless you can actually see when the service crashes, like with a popup, never. background crashes may be there but dunno.

11 hours ago, JorgeA said:

Yeah, this whole Active Hours thing is ridiculous. I've posted a couple of times about it on the Insiders Feedback app. What capability, exactly, does it provide that the user didn't enjoy before? The only thing it accomplishes is to force you to plan out when you will reboot as otherwise Windows will do it for you. How about I make my own decision in my own good time??? :realmad: My PCs have been known to wait for weeks with the Windows Update reboot reminder quietly sitting in a corner until I finish clearing my numerous open windows and am good and ready to reboot. At my convenience.

--JorgeA

especially since this looks most like for an average work PC coz of the very regular setting with no changes for the days and so on and they are 1) usually active longer than 6 hours and 2) they usually get shut down each day anyway.

Edited by My1

On 10/9/2016 at 6:22 PM, dencorso said:

Not anymore. MS knows better. They say you must reboot every 6h. Period. Resistance is futile!   :P

Unless you become a Cyborg like Piccard.  Their system will be changed.

On 10/12/2016 at 0:30 PM, dencorso said:

Microsoft_2016_logo_data.png

And so the change begins.  "All my data is 'Mine' and all your data is 'Mine' -------------------->>>>}}}}"               Piccard starlog entry:  {{{14951.10}}}

Edited by BudwS
typo: a data issue