Official - Windows 10 Worst Crap Ever!

bookie32

1 hour ago, BudwS said:

Fast track insider preview 14926 for PC has the same empty box problem as 14915 had.  Reverted to 14905. Some people have no problem with 14926. Just trying to understand this crap.

Its all about what theyre targeting imo. Try to upgrade your PC to a phone or tablet. <_<

On 9/15/2016 at 9:52 PM, MikeyV said:

Its all about what theyre targeting imo. Try to upgrade your PC to a phone or tablet. <_<

An iPhone 7 will be the update.  You're comment made my chuckle for the day.  Thanks.  Options:  (1) Update the PC to Windows 7 Pro.  (2) Have fun looking for a stable Win 10 fast track insider preview as part of the crap review.  (3) The other fast track computer is an Apple MacBook.  It runs Win 10 better than the Dell laptop.  time to see if the MacBook can run 14926.  It's a crapshoot.

On Thursday, September 08, 2016 at 4:22 AM, cc333 said:

That's dreadful! I shudder at the thought of a Windows 10-powered microwave or refrigerator.

That being said, maybe it doesn't have the telemetry nonsense. That, if nothing else, would be an improvement.

c

That reminded me of something similar I saw a few years ago: A Windows XP-powered coffee maker!

http://www.ubergizmo.com/2008/11/coffee-machine-powered-by-windows-xp/

Huh. Interesting.

Well, at least XP doesn't phone home constantly!

And, XP in recent years, has become rather solid (albeit somewhat bloated and slow) relative to its RTM self, so it's not super outlandish to have such a thing actually work somewhat.

c

skype will die eventually, as there are free non ad alternatives out there, with even better support for XP
its hilarious how MS buys companies for their product, rebrand it a bit, then few years later it dies out...

anyone remember photosynth or seadragon ???? - not a PEEP of it, yet it was revolutionary

3 minutes ago, Kelsenellenelvian said:

I just got a email saying my Skype account was just blocked and shut down for suspicious activity. The real funny thing here though is that account has been inactive for years...(Since just before MS bought it actually)

Well, having (such a beautiful thing as) a Skype account AND NOT using it  is suspicious activity ... ;)

jaclaz

• 2 weeks later...

Follow-up to See-Through Text Boxes that have turned white on many computers running 14931 (Insider fast track preview).  Just knowing where to log in on the PC gets you logged in.  Installed Classic Shell and got control of many of the software features with a good start menu.  Sometimes a little determination helps to move the crap around.  Going back to 14905 was not a viable option.  "Got to love this crap."  Gaming?  How about "Crap-Up?"

I was just thinking...  If I were to want to buy a portable computer system right now...

• I'm sure it wouldn't be Microsoft branded.

• I'd probably actually look for a more or less traditional laptop.  Probably one labeled "workstation" (Dell?). 

• I would consider a MacBook Pro, as their hardware is second to none w/regard to quality.

If not Apple brand, it would be good if it was available with a Windows 8 or 7 downgrade.  If not, I'd change out Win 10 right off.  For a while I thought that maybe if I got a brand new system I'd try to live with the Win 10 that came with it, but even though I have developed what many would consider an enviable non-App, non-cloud Win 10 configuration in a VM, we have seen what 3 different Windows 10 releases have brought (crap), and that is clearly no longer a viable option.  I just can't accept that level of degradation over what we have already seen.

Yep, I think it would have to be Apple hardware, because I wouldn't want any $$ going to Microsoft.  Though I have sent them a lot of money in the past, they no longer deserve to be rewarded for what they are doing.

-Noel