Official - Windows 10 Worst Crap Ever!

bookie32

3 minutes ago, JorgeA said:

Yeah, I too am curious to see what this blizzard of white on white looks like.

I am not just curios, I just cant believe that they are doing something THIS stupid

On Saturday, September 03, 2016 at 7:21 AM, NoelC said:

What it Microsoft released an OS that made all fonts "white on white"...  And nobody reported negative feedback?

Must be a damned good OS, eh?  And more secure than ever.

-Noel

"Telemetry would show" that mouse activity on the screen suddenly shot up astronomically as people desperately tried to figure out where to click and drag stuff. Company mouthpieces would then boast of the "increased engagement" that Windows 10 had generated among users.

--JorgeA

6 minutes ago, JorgeA said:

"Telemetry would show" that mouse activity on the screen suddenly shot up astronomically as people desperately tried to figure out where to click and drag stuff. Company mouthpieces would then boast of the "increased engagement" that Windows 10 had generated among users.

oh my god this is actually hilarious.

2 hours ago, JorgeA said:

--JorgeA

Telemetry shows us that most users cant click icons, text boxes, etc. They keep missing objects. We should phase out the mouse all together. Get working on that next update. Release the mouse driver killing kraken!

Maybe it is the dawn of a new computing era. :w00t:

Moving from merely deterministic computing (the user clicks on something and that something does what the user expects) to probabilistic computing (the user clicks something he/she cannot see and that unknown something does something - not necessarily what the user wanted - some of the times). :whistle:

Progressing from mere discoverability to semi-random effects of invisible buttons...

jaclaz

Screenshots of start menu are posted here:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/forum/insider_wintp-insider_install/build-14915-known-issues-and-new-bugs/2391703d-42f5-46df-bac2-be42e75491bf?page

And my favorite @ http://www.techezone.com/question/windows-10-build-14915-serious-problems-with-all-native-apps-2/

FileDownloadHandler.ashx?fid=8da6b956-43

“The Feedback Hub is blank but if I wait for 10min or so a few white boxes show up. I can’t send feed back because I have no idea what I’m clicking on. When I move my cursor it “highlights” what I’m on but it’s a white box. When I right click I get a white box in response.”

Guys, no issues being reported with 14915, its perfect, you NAILED IT!

Edited by MikeyV

2 hours ago, jaclaz said:

Moving from merely deterministic computing (the user clicks on something and that something does what the user expects) to probabilistic computing (the user clicks something he/she cannot see and that unknown something does something - not necessarily what the user wanted - some of the times). :whistle:

No maybe about it.

Windows Search, presumably modeled after the oh-so-rigorous (NOT) search Google provides, has migrated over the past 10 years from "Find the file(s) I want" to "Show me something interesting because I'm bored".

Ask yourself this:  Would you TRUST Windows Search to locate all your tax documents for an audit?

Even with indexing on?

Doing exact things is so last century.

-Noel

Edited by NoelC

33 minutes ago, NoelC said:

Windows Search, presumably modeled after the oh-so-rigorous (NOT) search Google provides, has migrated over the past 10 years from "Find the file(s) I want" to "Show me something interesting because I'm bored".

Ask yourself this:  Would you TRUST Windows Search to locate all your tax documents for an audit?

Even with indexing on?

Sorry to go OT, but this may help someone.

Disk Explorer Pro indexes drives or folders, makes searching large databases of files very very fast. Ive had nothing but joy using it. You can keep one database on a USB key and be able to find out which hard drive or computer the file you seek is on (no need to even boot up until you find it).

The best part is that the developer has released it as freeware for some time.

I am not part of DEP, just passing along the info. Get your copy @ http://tjelinek.com/main.php?section=d

6 hours ago, jaclaz said:

Maybe it is the dawn of a new computing era. :w00t:

Progressing from mere discoverability to semi-random effects of invisible buttons...

jaclaz

Ahhh -- that's it, you found the key to the whole thing, jaclaz: not only is Microsoft installing into Windows crapware games like Candy Crush, it's turning Windows itself into a game!! Opening a file, entering data, and typing an e-mail will no longer be a boring, predictable experience: soon, using Windows will become an exciting quest that will earn you Microsoft rewards points!!!  :thumbup  Just hunt and find where the back arrow or the Minimize button are today, and you too can start climbing you way to the top of the leader board!

--JorgeA

I see you are not familiar with Candy Crush, according to the clever design, you don't get Microsoft reward points, but - when you make a mistake - you loose one "life", say you send an e-mail to a non-existing address, you lose one life.

You attempt to login and make a typo, you lose one life.

You print a document and the printer has no paper in the tray, you lose one life.

After you have lost five lives, you either wait for them to be re-generated or you buy some gold bars and with them buy some extra time to complete the task ....

There are of course two basic schemes (depending on the level - rectius task - at hand:

1) Time limited (as an example you have to complete an e-mail within 120 seconds)
2) Number of moves limited (as an example you cannot use more than 8 clicks or 3 drag 'n drops to copy contents of a directory)

... after all working is boring, and it was just about time someone found a way to make it more "fun". ;)

jaclaz

9 hours ago, vinifera said:

why use db / indexing at all ?

MFT search is so much faster and more accurate
voidtools "everything" and jamsoftware "ultra search" are my fav ones

Because MFT search while excellent for file names (I use "Everything" myself), does not index file contents of even plain text files or binary document formats. But you're right, in most cases, "Everything" style file-name only search is enough and faster.

21 hours ago, vinifera said:

why use db / indexing at all ?
most files don't even have metadata init, at least not useful

MFT search is so much faster and more accurate
voidtools "everything" and jamsoftware "ultra search" are my fav ones

How big is your MFT? How big is the database created by Everything or Ultra search?

For me, currently, only my C: mft is 174mb. My DEP catalogue (which contains my C, plus about 8 other drives) is 57mb. Roughly 1/3 the size. Clearly i can search the smaller file quicker, with the bonus of searching off-system files at the same time.

Also, if a hard drive dies, it will be a lot harder to check the mft than a 3rd party catalogue. I dont know about you, but if i lose data i at least want to have info on what exactly was lost :)

You can include meta data in DEP, or disable it and only have file name / size. There is also a plugin maker to create your own stuff if you so please.

Edited by MikeyV