Official - Windows 10 Worst Crap Ever!

bookie32

Hi guys!

Well, one does get tired of authorities dismissing peoples concerns by using the standard reply:

Much of the NSA’s defence is that the public should be unconcerned, summed up by the dictum: “If you have nothing to hide, you have nothing to fear.” But civil liberties groups such as the Electronic Frontier Foundation and the American Civil Liberties Union warn that surveillance goes well beyond what Congress intended and what the US constitution allows.

Doesn't it just want to make you puke!!!

This has nothing to do with whether we have something to hide or not...just plain wrong...how ever you word it...

bookie32

Edited by bookie32
Still ranting

no, I dont think the razor can explain all the Junk they did with w10.

and locking the lockscreen feature for example is in my eyes the beginning of apps on the lockscreen for non-enterprise users.

@bookie32 yeah  I fully agree.

And have you heard about Encrypted apps in Bob 10? http://winaero.com/blog/windows-10-will-get-encrypted-app-installs/ So you won't even be able to access the app's files. This is all done in the name of protecting the developer because .NET apps can be easily decompiled. Why not protect the source by obfuscating but not deny access to the compiled binaries?

Edited by xpclient

I dont really care about apps, but normal PC software can already encrypt itself for DRM and because the encryption happens offline the key needs to be stored SOMEWHERE...

so that's that.

Edited by My1

3 hours ago, bookie32 said:

Hi guys!

Well, one does get tired of authorities dismissing peoples concerns by using the standard reply:

Much of the NSA’s defence is that the public should be unconcerned, summed up by the dictum: “If you have nothing to hide, you have nothing to fear.” But civil liberties groups such as the Electronic Frontier Foundation and the American Civil Liberties Union warn that surveillance goes well beyond what Congress intended and what the US constitution allows.

Doesn't it just want to make you puke!!!

This has nothing to do with whether we have something to hide or not...just plain wrong...how ever you word it...

bookie32

"If you have nothing to hide..." -- what a load of baloney. Increasing surveillance of that sort would not only make it ever harder for a movement such as the American Revolutionaries to coordinate their activities, but even in more ordinary (democratic) political circumstances would give the party in charge of the government an additional and growing advantage over the opposition, as they could keep tabs on who in the other party is talking to whom, where they're meeting, and what they're saying to each other.

--JorgeA

13 hours ago, jaclaz said:

Hanlon's Razor to the rescue ;):

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hanlon's_razor

jaclaz

I dont think the razor can explain this. When the leaked information came out, all the companies mentioned feared loss of trust and profits from customers. They came out saying that they were forced to hand over the info, that they didnt want to, but under the law they needed to.

Fast forward a handful of years later and what does MS do? They create more data collection, hard code it into the OS, make it hard to disable it, set it on by default, reverse settings per (forced) update, and even threw data collection updates to the older OS's.

Why collect the data if you dont want to hand it over, if you were "forced" and "didnt like it"?

If MS really didnt want to hand over information, they would have made a more secure OS, not one that collects more info. If they are really under the "razor", then they are so stupid that i really shouldnt trust any of my data in their OS's hands.

13 hours ago, bookie32 said:

Exactly. Must we live in glass houses now, because if we have nothing to hide, we should allow the governments to watch us? If we have nothing to say, should we give up our freedom of speech? If the governments and tech industries are only doing this to protect us, why did they hide it? If they have nothing to hide....

Why did we need to wait until Edward Snowden leaked the information to find out about it? Hypocracy at its finest.

13 hours ago, My1 said:

no, I dont think the razor can explain all the Junk they did with w10.

If the razor is the explanation, i think they must have cut off both their hands by now.

14915: Invisible crap!  Installed 14915 on two insider computers and the computers were rendered unusable.  White on white is very difficult to read and understand.  Seems like some people like it according to another forum!?

7 hours ago, BudwS said:

14915: Invisible crap!  Installed 14915 on two insider computers and the computers were rendered unusable.  White on white is very difficult to read and understand.  Seems like some people like it according to another forum!?

are you kidding me? this sound too bad even for them. do you have a shot?

but well it is a fast ring insider, but still shouldnt this be caught in the more internal rings?

also this build has kicked the WLAN on surface pro 1 and 2 into oblivion and the only fix seems to be a reinstall of an older version as it seems that reverting fails.

http://www.windowscentral.com/windows-10-build-14915-breaks-wifi-older-surface-pro-devices

Edited by My1

I use Win10 since the first release. Originally upgraded from Win8.1 on my laptop, it was an awful crap. My A8-6410 APU has never been used so bad. Win7 ran extremely well, Win8.1 worked nice, but I hate that f*****g Modern UI. Win10 was very very very slow in everything. The browser was bad, the media player suite was bad, software that ran well on 7 or 8.1 was bad on 10. A week later, I was setting up drivers on Win7.

Now, I have my brand new computer, based on FX-8320e, R7 360, Kingston 120GB SSD, 8GB RAM 1866MHz. I read about the Anniversary Update, I wanted to try. Downloaded, set up: it currently works way better than the original build, so I tried it on the laptop. It is still quite a crap, but it really works fine. Just had a BSoD, while recovering from standby, bad usbhub.sys was the cause.

If you want a reliable OS, stick to Win7. If you like Metro/Modern UI, Win8.1 is nearly identical to 7, the only difference is the interface. If you want an updated OS, Win10 is the best choice. In work environment, 10 is the worst OS. I personally find it too multimedia-friendly, at home is quite a good system.

Invisible crap update:  From an insider forum another tech had the same white rectangles with 14915.  His brilliant solution was to revert to 14905.  However, that required using the "blind chicken technique."  Clicking on the white space for a log on and then logging in worked.  A real desktop appeared so settings could be selected.  Blind chicken technique:  1:  Select Win update block  2:  Select 5th item up on the left (Recovery)  3:  Select second item from the top on the right (Go Back to an earlier build)  4:  Confirm that is what you want.  5:  Wait for 14905 login to appear.  Usable crap (Other problems).

Once in awhile this crap is fun.  Second childhood!

On 3.9.2016 at 2:08 PM, zago27 said:

If you want a reliable OS, stick to Win7. If you like Metro/Modern UI, Win8.1 is nearly identical to 7, the only difference is the interface. If you want an updated OS, Win10 is the best choice. In work environment, 10 is the worst OS. I personally find it too multimedia-friendly, at home is quite a good system.

or if you have no problems with moddings, and want an OS that's still fully supported although being not w10, take win8.1 (I was in the first row of haters but some win7 themes, plus classic shell and also aeroglass by the great @bigmuscle made me love it especially because of some small but useful features like instant screenshots without any 3rdparty software (win+printscreen) or a quick way to get to admincmd or disk management etc (win+x))

6 minutes ago, BudwS said:

Invisible crap update:  From an insider forum another tech had the same white rectangles with 14915.  His brilliant solution was to revert to 14905.  However, that required using the "blind chicken technique."  Clicking on the white space for a log on and then logging in worked.  A real desktop appeared so settings could be selected.  Blind chicken technique:  1:  Select Win update block  2:  Select 5th item up on the left (Recovery)  3:  Select second item from the top on the right (Go Back to an earlier build)  4:  Confirm that is what you want.  5:  Wait for 14905 login to appear.  Usable crap (Other problems).

Once in awhile this crap is fun.  Second childhood!

oh my god, but do you have some screens?