Official - Windows 10 Worst Crap Ever!

bookie32

• 2 weeks later...

Just when I thought there was no more crap in the pipeline and only the stink was left over a new delivery has arrived.  Oh no, I've become a crap junkie.  The future is now, 14901.

Edit:  New crap:  Some of the settings links don't open a new window.  The top settings window just closes. The end result is no way to use settings to change parameters.

Edited by BudwS
New info on 14901.

Oh God !! Microsoft wants to brain wash people.
Windows 10 performed worst in farcry 3 with DX11 than Windows XP with DX9.

I am not kidding here 37% FPS Loss is not a joke.

Some tech writers are saying it best for gaming but it is truelly not.

My configuration is quite good isnt it so?

Intel Core i7 2600k , 8Gbx2 Kingstone FuryX Ram, 1 tb Seagate barcuda with 128Gb Intel SSd. Nvdia GTX 750ti

Hate to say it, but your hardware (as well as mine) is way out of date.

In all seriousness, they're trying to create a vicious cycle, where new software makes you crave more powerful new hardware.  Then you get new hardware that comes with - you guessed it - new software.  If you don't get new hardware right away, the software updates itself.

ttt_WOPR.png

-Noel

Post anniversary crap slide:  14905:  Black screen on startup problem (still here).  Some settings selections close settings (Settings used to work fine).  Desktop shutdown icon doesn't work (Maybe that's why the computer has a Power Off button) (Shutdown icon used to work fine).  It's the chuckle of the day to see what else has been programmed not to work.  Is it because self induced problems are easy to fix?  Maybe if you don't have problems to fix, you don't have a job.  Or has W10 programmed itself to self destruct?  After all these years I find it hard to believe that good clean code can't be written.  And if some code is working, don't change it!

And lately I'm seeing computer clubs giving classes on "How to use W10!"  Yup, "the only winning move is not to play."

10 hours ago, BudwS said:

After all these years I find it hard to believe that good clean code can't be written.

Just think...  What does all that regression really say about the new and improved Metro/Modern/Universal Windows Platform?

This is 2016.  We have now been doing software for more than half a century.  Shouldn't we have systems that are easy to program, forgiving of transgressions, and which work robustly even in the presence of inaccurate and messy humans?

Microsoft has based its entire strategy on:

1. The brave new application system they have now called by so many different names it's clear it was never actually designed.
  2. Leave the old stuff alone so as not to destabilize the platform on which to hang #1 above.  Which means there will be no improvements to it.

-Noel

Edited by NoelC

On 20/08/2016 at 10:05 AM, Dibya said:

Oh God !! Microsoft wants to brain wash people.
Windows 10 performed worst in farcry 3 with DX11 than Windows XP with DX9.

I am not kidding here 37% FPS Loss is not a joke.

Some tech writers are saying it best for gaming but it is truelly not.

My configuration is quite good isnt it so?

Intel Core i7 2600k , 8Gbx2 Kingstone FuryX Ram, 1 tb Seagate barcuda with 128Gb Intel SSd. Nvdia GTX 750ti

Well, DirectX 11 also adds a bunch of effects that DirectX 9 can't render, like tesselation, that can take away a large chunk of performance... If you want to do an apples to apples comparision I would suggest comparing Windows 10 DirectX 9 vs Windows XP DirectX 9. Only then can you say that Windows 10 is slower.

Edited by greenhillmaniac

On 8/21/2016 at 10:40 PM, greenhillmaniac said:

Well, DirectX 11 also adds a bunch of effects that DirectX 9 can't render, like tesselation, that can take away a large chunk of performance... If you want to do an apples to apples comparision I would suggest comparing Windows 10 DirectX 9 vs Windows XP DirectX 9. Only then can you say that Windows 10 is slower.

On DX9 , Windows 10 runned like a lame horse

How many processes is Windows 10 running to support an empty desktop (i.e., doing nothing at all).  Compare that to the numbers from prior versions.  For me - even after my best trimming efforts - there are something like 6 more processes.

Remember XP?  Remember that you could boot up a basic system with under 20 processes and some could even get under 100 MB?

The new software is NOT faster, not by any reasonable measure.  A Win 10 system running more junkware simply isn't going to be more efficient.

The one overriding thing that always drives "new Windows is faster!" hype is this:  For MOST folks, a freshly installed Windows system will run rings around a system they've had running for a long time, because they're not smart or vigilant enough to keep a Windows system running at the peak of performance by keeping it from getting laden with any number of useless features and packages.

The secondary thing is that hardware is continuing to get faster.  People tend to compare their experience running the new software on new hardware with running old Windows on systems from yesteryear.  Boot up Windows 7 on a modern system...  Even without any of the hybrid BS for me here it cold boots on my Dell PowerEdge T20 server (cheap 2 core Haswell processor and booting from SSD) in under 15 seconds.

If you're not using Autoruns, ShellExView, Process Hacker et. al., nightly runs of things like TASKLIST into log files, etc. (or their equivalents) then you're probably not keeping your Windows system in tip top shape.

Imagine how bad Windows 10 is going to get, considering it STARTS OUT laden with so much extra junkware running.

-Noel

Edited by NoelC

Been running win 10 pro ver 1511, since july 2015.

Had some interesting experiences.

While browsing with Chrome, sudden lock up, then blue screen.

Restored with a 5 day old backup, same thing occurs.

Its random, maybe 2 hours up, or 1 hour.

That windows ''blue'' screen, would put my cpu in bios, no

reboot to bios, just bios screen is up, correct the error?

Did look through bios, nothing is changed.

Used one of my USB stick utility's, chkdsk /f

Was able to boot win 10 again.

looked through critical events, did not see much,

except system was shutdown improperly

Think this was caused by an extension in Chrome,

as running microsoft's", browser, no lock ups.

This never happens on my win 7 cpus.

Just my 2 cents

Charl 

I haven't had any performance problems at all with Windows 10, but I guess that's because I've got an 3.4 GHz Core i7 Skylake with 8 cores and 12 GB of RAM. Nothing will be slow on that! Even still, I can't imagine why 60+ processes are needed for a basic Windows system, when XP and earlier have less than 30.

11 hours ago, CamTron said:

I haven't had any performance problems at all with Windows 10, but I guess that's because I've got an 3.4 GHz Core i7 Skylake with 8 cores and 12 GB of RAM. Nothing will be slow on that! Even still, I can't imagine why 60+ processes are needed for a basic Windows system, when XP and earlier have less than 30.

on those modern hardware xp will be lightning fast