Official - Windows 10 Worst Crap Ever!

bookie32

8 hours ago, BudwS said:

So, as of today, W10 has turned from crap to real fertilizer.  So, it has become a much more valuable product.

what do you mean with that?

w10 locked down even more gpedit/registry options to enterprise/edu/server now. 1511 already kicked the "disable store" option, now even more are locked down.

http://www.ghacks.net/2016/07/28/microsoft-removes-policies-windows-10-pro/

Edited by My1

5 hours ago, My1 said:

w10 locked down even more gpedit/registry options to enterprise/edu/server now. 1511 already kicked the "disable store" option, now even more are locked down.

http://www.ghacks.net/2016/07/28/microsoft-removes-policies-windows-10-pro/

As of some of the recent (~one month ago) pre-releases that I installed manually, my Windows10Retweaker script was still able to kill all those things with Win 10 Pro.  I haven't tried it with a fully up to date Anniversary release yet, as I am not on the pre-release path (I refuse to log in with a Microsoft ID).  But when the software becomes available in a few days for mere mortals I'll be sure and test it, and update it as needed to kill all the new privacy-invading, cloud-integrated stuff.

It only runs here in a VM, though.  It's looking more and more like Windows 10 has simply been moved too far from a "real operating system" for me to want to make it my everyday system for my hardware.

I don't know yet what'll be next for me.

I have been playing with OS X to try to see if that's in my future, and frankly it's way too much like what Windows 10 is becoming for me to feel anywhere near comfortable with it.  And when you "get geeky" with it, it's just Unix under the covers.  Ugh.  I really don't understand how Mac users can be happy with El Capitan.  They must already be more brainwashed than Windows 10 users.

I guess I'll try to get familiar with Linux next.  And of course there's Google's Android - yet another form of Unix.  Thing is, I've NEVER liked the architecture of Unix, and now that Microsoft is turning Windows into fertilizer it's nearly impossible to imagine that the OS that was first developed by Digital then adopted by Microsoft is finally unworkable in any form.

I refuse to believe that a desire for well-structured, reliable OS architecture on which to build things is a desire that only I have, and I can only guess that something new will have to arise.  Something we haven't heard of yet, maybe out of China or Russia.  Stick a fork in US technology leadership; we seem to be done.  :( Maybe the more appropriate word is undone - by corporate greed, marketing misdirection, and human laziness.

-Noel

16 hours ago, My1 said:

It must be more valuable, MS is charging for it now.  You may not pay for crap but you might pay for fertilizer. 

The insider version 14393.5 hasn't crashed yet.  However, the main test is does it boot up, restart, shutdown.  On the MacBook, it does one of the three with consistency.  Edge is not used and Ghostery keeps the other browsers working reasonably well.  How valuable is fertilizer?  Guess it depends if you are a farmer or gardener.  Some computer users really like it!?  Other computer users wouldn't use it if it was free!  Unless they were insiders and did it for........  Don't really know why I'm doing it?????????

16 hours ago, NoelC said:

You do it - WE do it - because of a desire to know.  Because of a desire to make decisions based on fact, not hype.

It's a rare trait.

Never change!

-Noel

I think you mean it's a (unfortunately) dying trait.

Edited by Shining Escuridao

Now the MS insider is into new math, 14393.5 upgraded to 14393.1.  No, wait!  14393 upgraded from .five to .ten. (14393.5->14393.10)  Well, an upgrade occurred!?  The fertilizer is turning back to crap.  The good part is that the upgrade did not crash the system.  Life on the inside is good.

Build number 14400 would have been easy to remember.  There is a certain beauty to that number.

In the words of Maxwell Smart:  "Missed it by 'that much'".  Microsoft no longer does "beautiful".

Here it is, August 2 and I'm downloading whatever Microsoft is delivering via the Windows 10 Media Creation Tool.  Yep.  Build 10586.

Microsoft no longer does "on time" either, it seems.

-Noel

Edited by NoelC

A "glass is half full" kind of guy eh?  :)  Good for you.

Yes, the 14393 update is out there now (why does Microsoft insist on identifying things by SO many numbers?).

-Noel

Edited by NoelC