Official - Windows 10 Worst Crap Ever!

bookie32

The Win 7 is just about back to normal with all the Win 10 updates installed and still at Win 7.  In the next couple of days will try the "light speed jump" from activated Win 7 to activated Win 10 (hopefully 10586.26 or better).  Just another try to get beyond "Worst Crap Ever."  It might be possible??????

The Win 7 made it to Win 10 activated.  Used a Win 10 iso.  It's at 10586.  Maybe some crap is a little less crappy.  Maybe.

Update:  The system is still up after 2 days!!!!!! and it actually did a consolidated update once!!!!   Good crap is a little hard to take after all these months!!!!!

Edited by BudwS

For now.

-Noel

Where did you come up with the dot number after the 10586?

From regedit current release I got the following from the initial update to the first cummulative update:  Windows 10 Home

10586.0.amd64fre.th2_release.151029-1700

10586.17.amd64fre.th2_release.151121-2308

I'm trying to learn just how to know what release Win 10 is and the preferred location to determine the revision.  Thanks in advance.

Bud

P.S.  From another thread I noticed that you use DISM.  Does that work with non-imaged installs as well?

P.S.S.  OK. I finally found it:  Settings>System>About.  Sometimes obvious is not obvious???   10586.29

Edited by BudwS

Some new crap:

At the shop I was just trying to to boot a new operating system with a DVD to a hard disk that had Win 10 installed.  Even though I selected a CD boot, the Win 10 software on the hard disk kept coming up trying to fix itself.  It was like it wouldn't quit!!!???  Never saw that before.  I finally used a lower level software to remove all partitions and format the hard drive.  That's my new crap removal tool.  Is this something new with Win 10 or have you seen this with other operating systems?

A couple questions:

Were you trying to install another OS on the hard drive alongside Windows 10?

Do I have it right that you were trying to boot from a DVD but Windows 10 was ignoring your choice? I'm not sure what you mean by Win10 "coming up trying to fix itself."

Thanks!

--JorgeA

A couple questions:

Were you trying to install another OS on the hard drive alongside Windows 10?

Do I have it right that you were trying to boot from a DVD but Windows 10 was ignoring your choice? I'm not sure what you mean by Win10 "coming up trying to fix itself."

Thanks!

--JorgeA

I was going to do a clean install with a DVD that was a total software package and use the options on the DVD install to delete partitions, format and create a new partition.  Win 10 on the hard disk seemed to ignore the CD boot choice.  My thought was take maybe BCDEDIT somehow got involved.

Bud

*sigh* in the process of  dl'ng win10 because i no longer have the energy to keep this peice of malware filth off my system. This isnt a virus, its something......more. new. strange. a virrootmal bloatkit.

this follows a clean install of win7 3 days ago. im still DL'ng updates due to the fact that support for this os is now in the hands of the ms janitorial department. im sick of it. they win. i have been bored into an os i cant stand. and, truth be told, im a little scared of. its like having a little tiny KGB agent in my home.

The clean install was the result of a 4 day clash of the titans street brawl between me, gpt and mbr with, idk 7 or 8 different partition tools, sub-terraniun dos commands that pop up warnings like "are you serious?" and "Really?" usually followed by "00000x00x0081xxx0002". oh and at one point a dental pick.

in the process *poof* 35 gigs of hd realestate is now, apparently sleeping with the fishes. on the creepy side, while looking for my d.b. cooper partition i discovered a bunch of tiny ~3 to 7 mb orphin sectors that am guessing are stray chunks left over from various partition/duelboot/disaster recovery/encryption forays. the good part is that while invisible to windows, dos, grub etc, for consistencys sake they are also hidden from diskcryptor. i actually thought (slapping knee) i had a handle on security.

of course, none of this would have ensued had i not decided to give UEFI an old "ahh, why not give the little f*** a shot" after too many beers. it was one of those things where you wake up and know you did something terrible but cant remember what. then you hear a muffled snore. or in my case, the onboard speaker beeping every 10 seconds as it power cycled.

Now normally, i dont have a problem handing over basement level hardware control to strangers wearing trench coats who misspell "it" in a mobo manual, but my laptop was giving me that look.

of course i could enable secure boot to ensure that even my laptop cant access my hard drive, but then i cant load windows 10 and get that warm fuzzzy feeling of knowing that my os has autonomous control of my webcam and is burst transmitting enough data on boot to redline a whole core on an i9 for 7 seconds. thats....let me see......carry the 2......add 6......um mHz to litres.......Boyle's law.....ah ok, here it is: a s***load of data.

They are openly keylogging....the...the...balls, the sheer arrogence of it is......i need a shower.

Of course its all encrypted. With Bitlocker cage of iron, never broken, whats that? cheerios super secret agent decoder ring? gotta run.

i would LOVE to know how many corpate secrets MS keeps behind windows firewalls and bitlocker. just for s***s and giggles, what data security is Satya Nadella rolling with at home? my guess is something russian or isreali. those mofo's can CODE. Is cortana enabled? i think not.

Sorry i dont mean to rant. well yeah i kind of do, but downing win 10 stings. alot.

This thing is supposed to be an appliance, a tool. im not concerned with refrigerator securty. i have never typed a 256 bit key into the microwave.

What po's me the worst is that MS used to be the good guys. toe to toe with DOJ over privacy. Win 3.x? yeah buddy. that was so fresh. what part of this mouse thing do you talk into? want a surprise? go boot up a copy of win 2k on an old deisel fired computer. mind the kick start doesnt snap-back. even if you have never laid eyes on 2k, after 30 seconds you will know exactly where everything is, how to get around. 5 minutes and you are proficiant enough to optomize it. why? because it is freeking identical to xp-vista-7-8-8.1-10. we have been buying $150 coats of paint for 2 decades except now they are too cheep to give me a .05 cent disk.  andandand....(slapping knee again) WE STILL HAVE DOS! and even better, WE STLL NEED AND USE DOS! pantpant. the best part is i can still only have 4 partitions on my hard drive. unless i go gpt. i dont want to talk about gpt.

anyway, just wanted to vent and MSFN is my newest bookmark so....

ps the pic is dos 1.o

post-411769-0-22467900-1450290950_thumb.

*Disclaimer* this might be nothing, but it could be something

could it be the boot disk going to the menu its self? I while back I tried installing W 8.0 Dev Preview and the VM no Windows software on it and I was getting a screen that sent me to the "Boot Options" menu for Windows (the screen you get when you crash your system) 

i'm not sure if anything I said above was useful not an expert on the subject

This is actually making me feel nostalgic for the bad old days of Ballmer.

You may be sure that millions of Windows users share totally your feeling. 

It's amazing how little respect the opinion and wishes of their users deserve. A massive exodus could be the answer to this.

*Disclaimer* this might be nothing, but it could be something

could it be the boot disk going to the menu its self? I while back I tried installing W 8.0 Dev Preview and the VM no Windows software on it and I was getting a screen that sent me to the "Boot Options" menu for Windows (the screen you get when you crash your system) 

i'm not sure if anything I said above was useful not an expert on the subject

Thanks.  For now, I'll just set a mental trip wire in case it happens again.

Where did you come up with the dot number after the 10586?

You found one way.  Another is to run WinVer.exe.

I'm appalled at the version confusion Microsoft has created, clearly on purpose.  Who does that help, exactly?

-Noel

You found one way.  Another is to run WinVer.exe.

I'm appalled at the version confusion Microsoft has created, clearly on purpose.  Who does that help, exactly?

-Noel

Thank you.  Another tool to keep track of what really comes down the pipe. Sort of like you never know what will come down the chimney this time of year. [santa? Elves? J. Frost? M. Soft?]

Bud

This may be germane to the topic:

Confusion and Control

A common technique is that of creating confusion in whomever you seek to control...

[...]

• In content delivered in these conversations & communications by providing messages that conflict with things you’ve said previously or that conflict with things that other people have told them. This creates anxiety in the target and doubt that their interpretation of and hold on the situation is correct. Again, this is opposed to healthy human conversations that seek understanding and effective action.

If the subject of the attacks is not resilient enough to cope, there can be a number of outcomes. In a conversation, the subject of the attack can become disorientated and more easily suggestible. In communication, they may become so confused as to what matters that they give up trying to make sense of it and become less able to take effective action. Finally, in content, they can give up on whatever they are trying to accomplish and give in to the will of the person, bowing to their interpretation of the situation instead of exercising their own judgement.

If someone is exhibiting all of these signs towards to you, it’s possible that they may be attempting to dominate you. They may, however, also just be a bit incompetent.

--JorgeA

seems new build is dumped on users that brings nothing

except confession that "onecore" whatever the fuck that is, is integral part of winblows "10"

and that crap connects all microslop products together (x-box, winblows "10", winblows tablet, winblows phone, microsoft glasses, microsoft wc)

seems new build is dumped on users that brings nothing

except confession that "onecore" whatever the f*** that is, is integral part of winblows "10"

and that crap connects all microslop products together (x-box, winblows "10", winblows tablet, winblows phone, microsoft glasses, microsoft wc)

IIRC, OneCore is the nucleus of Windows that Microsoft hopes will give it entry into the wonderful world of the Internet of Things. (Tip of the hat to @jaclaz. ;) )

--JorgeA