Official - Windows 10 Worst Crap Ever!

bookie32

^^ OMG, really?!? :crazy:

@big muscle's gonna have to quit his real job and take up reworking Aero Glass fulltime just to keep up with the never-ending stream of new builds.

This is actually making me feel nostalgic for the bad old days of Ballmer.

--JorgeA

I've decided to leave Windows 8.1 and Windows 10, I'm going to run Windows 7 temporary, I'm considering running CentOS in the future as long as there is video editing software, I could just emulate Windows 8 or 10 and block its connections to Microsoft's servers.

This Win 10 is faster for me.

Boot time, opening explorer where I stay a lot if I'm not in the reg. My games ping has gone down. Everything is just snappy even more so than Win 7 and after all these years messing with these systems I do know about tweaking the shiese outta stuff. BUT I haven't done that much to this except finally uninstalling all the Metro stuff including Store. That was a biggy. W10Privacy was another biggy, have almost all selected

I don't run the aero crap, I don't need it. My simple Aerolite themepack to change wallpapers is much less intensive. Everything you add like that will make it go down and I know that. Only problem I have noticed is Recycle Bin is not responsive. I click dump and occasionally it waits for 20 seconds, I say sometimes.

I make my money knowing Windows systems cause it runs on almost every machine we have at work. Well we have Dos, Freedos(German machines), Nt, can't change them too much money right now, W2000 I'm eliminating for W7, 2 to go.

Got an email recently they want everything 64 bit but that's only ones that can see outside world, not dos, Nt or others. Reason, they will be upgrading to Win 10. Now plants like I work in are usually 5-7 years behind the times but that said it, we are going that way and it don 't matter.

Does not matter what is said in these forums or any forum anywhere, its going that way and nothing said will change it.

Boot time, opening explorer where I stay a lot if I'm not in the reg. My games ping has gone down. Everything is just snappy even more so than Win 7 and after all these years messing with these systems I do know about tweaking the shiese outta stuff.

It may seem/feel faster, but I suspect you're comparing your used-for-a-while Windows 7 system against the fresh install of Windows 10.  You quite likely know very well that humans are terrible at judging speed and timing subjectively.  But hey, if it makes you feel better to think Windows 10 is faster, more power to you.

I'll concede that Win 10's boot time is slightly faster even without the hybrid/fast boot baloney enabled (I do hope you're not using that).  But the difference is literally only a few seconds on a reasonable machine.  The swirly things don't even finish coming together in the flag on my Haswell (Pentium G3220) Win 7 system before it presents the logon prompt.

-Noel

>They've promised full OS reinstall releases every 4 months.

^^ OMG, really?!? :crazy:

I'm still surprised that people don't all know about this.  It's quite likely the most important and disruptive policy change they've made.

There's some deep "eyes glaze over" tech info on their strategy here: 

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/mt598226(v=vs.85).aspx

-Noel

Boot time, opening explorer where I stay a lot if I'm not in the reg. My games ping has gone down. Everything is just snappy even more so than Win 7 and after all these years messing with these systems I do know about tweaking the shiese outta stuff.

It may seem/feel faster, but I suspect you're comparing your used-for-a-while Windows 7 system against the fresh install of Windows 10.  You quite likely know very well that humans are terrible at judging speed and timing subjectively.  But hey, if it makes you feel better to think Windows 10 is faster, more power to you.

I'll concede that Win 10's boot time is slightly faster even without the hybrid/fast boot baloney enabled (I do hope you're not using that).  But the difference is literally only a few seconds on a reasonable machine.  The swirly things don't even finish coming together in the flag on my Haswell (Pentium G3220) Win 7 system before it presents the logon prompt.

-Noel

LOL you don't know the way I operate. My system don't last long. Back when I was messing with unattend I might reinstall several times a day fixing or testing  things. So it don't get very used. Might last a month or two then I want to try some new things. We both know adding things back like aero or whatever will start to slow things down. More you add slower it gets. I have VB6 and Visual Studio 2012 Express and even Offline Live mail

Actually don't have that option Turn on fast startup since I turn off hibernate possibly

But a check of the key say it off.

HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Power

HiberbootEnabled = 0

Maybe you think that Win 10 is possibly faster because all the eye candy gone?

Remember Vista was an eye candy slow piece of junk. I decided to not even fight it and skipped.

From what I have measured desktop operations benchmark out a little slower.

Could be a particular display driver that works well for you on your hardware, as compared to a prior version.

I am always interested whenever I hear someone say the new system is faster, because on several systems I've tested it really hasn't been, except 3D rendering tests a bit quicker - probably because Microsoft is more heavily oriented to gaming now.  That being said, Direct2D is quite a bit less efficient than on Win 7.

Personally I find that there are occasional unexpected small delays when doing desktop things.  I'm accustomed to things always happening immediately, so Win 10 feels more distracted somehow - even with everything trimmed to a minimum.

-Noel

From what I have measured desktop operations benchmark out a little slower.

Could be a particular display driver that works well for you on your hardware, as compared to a prior version.

I am always interested whenever I hear someone say the new system is faster, because on several systems I've tested it really hasn't been, except 3D rendering tests a bit quicker - probably because Microsoft is more heavily oriented to gaming now.  That being said, Direct2D is quite a bit less efficient than on Win 7.

Personally I find that there are occasional unexpected small delays when doing desktop things.  I'm accustomed to things always happening immediately, so Win 10 feels more distracted somehow - even with everything trimmed to a minimum.

-Noel

Well M8 I think only difference in our  systems now is I don't have Catalyst nor your aero thingy.

I look at maximum performance always and leave out what I think will slow or change things. Also I'm not doing a block all rather selective disabling on the firewall side with WFC. Tried to do that passmark thing you done but can't replicate what you posted maybe cause I don't have a serial. Desktop things, mine is nothing except my wallpapers. I right click and do the things I want. Started that when 8 came out and kept it. They delay slightly first time opening but pin a folder to the taskbar has a lot of things and it will do same first time every time you boot.

There is one other main difference. Think you said you was on a VM

All my years messing with VM and Unattended told me VM is just not actual. Many things I tried to do would not work in VM but would on an actual. Its funny but I went to straight actual and reinstalled my system several times a day testing settings in AutoUnattend.xml. Learned a lot, my drives probably hate me but I have another if it can't handle the pressure

I put Win 10 on a Haswell hardware system too, and was able to do a direct comparison with a fresh Win 7 install on it.  Win 10 wasn't faster on the hardware either.

The GPU in that system is the embedded Intel on the Pentium G3220.  Note this 2D graphics comparison.  2D graphics is essentially a measurement of desktop operations responsiveness.

2D Graphics:

Win10vs7DesktopBenchmarks.png

That was build 10240.  I need to do the same after moving the secondary boot on that machine up to 10586, after which I'll post some updated benchmarks and measurements of actual operations.

-Noel

Edited by NoelC

Boot time, opening explorer where I stay a lot if I'm not in the reg. My games ping has gone down. Everything is just snappy even more so than Win 7 and after all these years messing with these systems I do know about tweaking the shiese outta stuff. BUT I haven't done that much to this except finally uninstalling all the Metro stuff including Store. That was a biggy. W10Privacy was another biggy, have almost all selected

I don't run the aero crap, I don't need it. My simple Aerolite themepack to change wallpapers is much less intensive. Everything you add like that will make it go down and I know that. Only problem I have noticed is Recycle Bin is not responsive. I click dump and occasionally it waits for 20 seconds, I say sometimes.

I make my money knowing Windows systems cause it runs on almost every machine we have at work. Well we have Dos, Freedos(German machines), Nt, can't change them too much money right now, W2000 I'm eliminating for W7, 2 to go.

Got an email recently they want everything 64 bit but that's only ones that can see outside world, not dos, Nt or others. Reason, they will be upgrading to Win 10. Now plants like I work in are usually 5-7 years behind the times but that said it, we are going that way and it don 't matter.

Does not matter what is said in these forums or any forum anywhere, its going that way and nothing said will change it.

"nothing said will change it."

I agree with the "64 bit" part.  However, the shop where I fix hardware PCs is having a lot of issues that interrupt the production Win 10 PCs.  How long that lasts will be interesting.

Windows 10 on the quad Dell XPS is just for fun and training to be able to fix PCs.  Still trying for a clean 10586 update.  Win 7 Pro is still the PC choice.  Runs fine as a Host.

The production computer at home is an iMac quad i7.  It just works and software updates just install quickly.  Can't make any money fixing Apple computers, they don't break since the capacitor issue occurred ten years ago.  Yes, you're probably right about "nothing said will change it."  But nothing said will change the house computer to a PC with Win anything. 

However, free Linux Mint and VirtualBox may change it for a lot of end users that look at the technology bill and the Win 10 down time cost.  Just saying....???

Oh, I forgot to mention, half of the production computers are iPads.  They just work.  Just saying....???

Edited by BudwS

The Win 7 is just about back to normal with all the Win 10 updates installed and still at Win 7.  In the next couple of days will try the "light speed jump" from activated Win 7 to activated Win 10 (hopefully 10586.26 or better).  Just another try to get beyond "Worst Crap Ever."  It might be possible??????

But the other options are looking better every Day.  Just got a New, "OLD" Dell with an i5 quad with Win 7.  I feel like a kid who got an early Christmas present.  Life is good.  This one doesn't get Win 10.  But it might get more memory and an SSD.