Official - Windows 10 Worst Crap Ever!

bookie32

This just a terrible reason to move to Windows 10

I hate this Windows 8 start screen

WINDOWS 10 IS A FREE UPGRADE

If your parents are like many others then they probably hate Windows 8. Thankfully, Microsoft has an easy and free upgrade that removes most of the frustrations. If the family isn't running Windows 10 yet then check the system tray for an upgrade notification to get the PC upgraded. You can even skip the line if you don't want to wait, but make sure that you backup all important files before you move to Windows 10 just in case.

Source: http://www.theverge.com/2015/11/25/9799098/microsoft-windows-pc-computer-help-tips-tricks-clean-up/in/9564949

They're clearly trying to write to young-uns with skills - yet who somehow never figured out that putting a really great Start Menu on the "family PC" running Win 8 is possible for free, and takes all of about 3 minutes to do.  Yeah, skills.

By the way, have a glance at gs.statcounter.com and note that Windows 8.1 usage has been holding pretty much steady for 6 weeks now.

-Noel

I got a chance to really play with W10 today, I did not do anything major mostly just explore the system and install & configure classic shell (I have no use/interest for the new menu). I have got to say it gave me a headache. I think just the attempt at over simplification ie: control panel & settings having to go between the two to check or change various settings. It just gets confusing/frustrating when you go to place that used to have solution and realize you have to search a slew of menus to find a simple answer. The least they could do is put a shortcut in Control Panel.

I wouldn't use "8" either

it should be official that MS just blew it

Vista as much as major thing was, UI-wise was terrible, and for some reason MS only partially

enhanced it in "7" (file manager and taskbar are better)

but everything else is still too **** complicated to find

so instead fixing this in "8" and "10", no... lets screw it even more

well I always repeat myself :P

but until they freaking start to THINK how to make decent OS, I'm staying on "7"

if XP wasn't that obsolete, I'd stay on it

ouch for you then

I can tell you as ex-heavy modder via skinstudio that XP with winblinds could have any UI you wanted

even animated, later even glass with blur, at that point XP only got bunch of light replacements

of what vista had, from file managers to sidebars

don't worry too much I came to my senses not too long after Vista SP1 I downgraded my system to XP. It was better at the time, however, this is a Windows 10 thread so I should get back on topic. I am sure I will find something in W10 that I like it will just take some more experimenting. 

I have over a thousand windows xp themes and all you need is a uxtheme file replacement

not really

winblinds supports PNG and animated PNG's, which XP's uxtheme does not

also winblinds support few effects that XP alone does not

and also (lol) wblinds 5 and 6 utilised GPU while XP alone (doh) does not

How can it be???? Windows 10 Worst Crap Ever????

Two times in a row on different PCs with activated Windows 7 using the Update/Upgrade Windows 10 Flag downloaded and installed Windows 10 to the activated status.  I can't believe that Worst Crap could be on such a positive roll but it is!!!!!  First thing that I did after the clean install was turn off all information gathering parameters.  Maybe it was just Thanksgiving phenomenon. Time will tell?!  Neither of these new Windows 10 PCs have hung or crashed yet.?! Judging by these two examples, it's pretty good crap.  :-)  {Mirror image}  (-: ......2 in a row......  WOW  [Low expectations]

Edited by BudwS

Yes, but even if it runs perfectly (I haven't seen any problems on my test systems) it's simply not as good as several of its predecessors.

It's not faster, it isn't easier to use, it doesn't bring new capability, it doesn't make ongoing maintenance easier, and the manufacturer is less trustworthy than ever.

So why bother?

Yes, I have done in-depth thinking, ROI analyses based on testing fully configured Windows 10 systems, and have even considered carefully the intangible value of "keeping current".  The numbers keep coming out negative.

Try to see the bigger picture, and ask yourself, what is Windows 10 doing for me? 

Oh, and try not to worry about all the personal data it's automatically sending to Microsoft while you're not looking...  You DID review all the privacy settings, right?  You DID download one or more privacy enhancing programs, right?

-Noel

Edited by NoelC