Official - Windows 10 Worst Crap Ever!

bookie32

Hi LetsWindows10!

There you go... :yes:

Well, it still doesn't get away from the fact that Microsoft are trying to force this upgrade on the unsuspecting public...

I have just done a brand new start on a Lenovo and followed the installation process, updates etc waiting for the dreaded KB3035583 to turn up so that I could hide it...

I was surprised to see that on all the updates up to todays date no sign of KB3035583...strange I thought.....

Just started the computer to finish off before handing over to the customer and what do you know...it just turned up in the system tray and I even haven't said OK to the installation!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have had this on other computers where it just turns up even when you are on the look out for it....

******* Microsoft I say!!!

Shame on them with their dictatorship of what we should have and not have....thought this was a democracy and one could choose....

From now on all new computers I am restricting updates until this crap is restricted from installing on the computer!!!!!!

bookie32

Hi again!

Now the latest things I have noticed....

When trying to remove KB3035582 it goes fhrough the procedure of uninstalling..then restart of computer and what do you know...still an icon in the system tray and a quick search shows it is still installed?!!!!!!!!!!!

I remove it a second time and it actually is uninstalled....had this on three computers now....!!

Another thing...when installing from scratch Windows 7 sp1...no sign at any time of the KB3035583...even with all updates....it just seems to popup...?!!!! Also had this on several computes now?!!!

bookie32

• 4 weeks later...

Hi guys!

The latest crap from Microsoft...I have had a customer that I couldn't remove the update Icon Windows 10 the usual way and my customer wanted his computer back...

Anyway, to cut a long story short and that isn't easy for an old fart like me...the icon disappeared.....

He had got so used to seeing it that it got him a little suspicious...

It turns out that Windows update had an update (free choice) that was an update for Windows 8.1 so he thought  he would update it and started the process...

As soon as the update started it said Windows 10 installing....

Now my customer thought he'd made a mistake so he tried it a couple of times...same response....

Every time he said yes to a Windows 8.1 update it turned out to be Windows 10....

There was no hint of Windows 10 when he started the update process!!!!!!!!!!

I am really sick of his crap now!!

bookie32

Edited by bookie32

They were great and their new offers were always well received for as long as they worked for millions of Pc enterprise and home users. They had a sure market, which due to its own nature, will keep being there for as long as mankind lives.

They could have preserved the Windows 7 style and provide new drivers and real improvements for anyone who needed them. But instead of this they chose to move to the new mobile market forgeting the real needs of their Windows 7 users

Enterprises and home users will no doubt do the same and embrace the free Linux instead. Linux and Android are now increasingly taught at schools as essential OS to the new computing generations.

IMHO Microsoft has dug its own grave.

Having worked on crap computer hardware and software for many years, I have to object to giving Windows 10 the status of "Worst Crap Ever."  Operating system software in the last 50 years has had some real candidates for the category of crap.  Also, consider that crap software has put a lot of groceries on the table over the years.  Perhaps, working with crap for so long has given it a place of technical challenge to help grow a few new brain cells.  The best part of today's crap is that it runs on computer hardware that weighs less than 20 pounds.  When I think of the new operating system software, its some pretty nice crap but it has a ways to go to be the "Worst Crap Ever."

I have to object to giving Windows 10 the status of "Worst Crap Ever."

"If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs...

...it's just possible...

...that you haven't grasped the size of the f****ng problem!"

SettingsNotice.png

-Noel

They were great and their new offers were always well received for as long as they worked for millions of Pc enterprise and home users. They had a sure market, which due to its own nature, will keep being there for as long as mankind lives.

They could have preserved the Windows 7 style and provide new drivers and real improvements for anyone who needed them. But instead of this they chose to move to the new mobile market forgeting the real needs of their Windows 7 users

Enterprises and home users will no doubt do the same and embrace the free Linux instead. Linux and Android are now increasingly taught at schools as essential OS to the new computing generations.

IMHO Microsoft has dug its own grave.

I agree they are moving over to Linux. In my last year of school (end of 2012 near the time XP official support ended) my school replaced most machines with thin clients running Linux that support Citrix. I think we will see more of that kind of network in the future schools/businesses will not have to worry about buying licences for Windows Clients or have to worry about vetting every single update that come down the pipeline pushing to upgrade to W10. They will only have to manages their servers and remote applications.

Crap:  Windows 3.0 and 3.1 were far worse than released Windows 10.  Windows 10 Previews may compete for Worst.  I'd vote for that.  However, just yesterday an activated Windows 7 Home Premium actually updated/upgraded to Windows 10 with no errors!?  CCleaner removed all the unnedded software which left a clean operating system that didn't crash!?  The start menu actually works!?  It may even be used to do something useful.  I use the Windows 7 Pro operating system to do useful things.

Free in itself is not crap.  Even if it is Win 10.  Linux Mint 17.2 is free.  It installs cleanly, much quicker than Win 10, and it comes with free Libre Office!!  VirtualBox is free.  It also installs quickly and easily.  Windows 10 running as a guest in Virtual Box runs OK.  VirtualBox gives you the feature to use the Snapshot option to go back quickly and easily to a previously working Windows 10.  But if you have a working Windows 7 why would you switch to Windows 10 for your production system??

Perhaps you could tell me why there are so many false error embedded in the Windows update procedure that suggests you should buy a new PC or a new Key???

The automatic Windows update appears to be an optional update that is turned on normally.  That optional update can be hidden to stop the automatic Windows 10 update.

You're right.  I don't understand the problem.  It's crap but not the Worst.  Why get upset when you're having fun with this crap???

Sorting out the crap:  A couple weeks ago my activated Windows 10 Home Premium play system caught the "Start Menu" problem.  Installed Classic Shell to get a working start menu.  Exited Classic Shell to see if Windows 10 start menu was working again.  It was!?  And it stayed working!?  Do you think that is an exmple of 3rd party software fixing the released Win 10 operating system???

For me it's not the specifics of the OS that lead me to disappointment, but rather the message it telegraphs loud and clear about where Microsoft is going.

I had 10240 running nicely.  But along comes November and a forced Win 10 in-place upgrade.  I only ever run OSs that have been clean-installed, and I run them for years.  Now either I have to clean-install every 4 months, no choice, for a system that's not measurably better in any way than the one it wants to replace, or be forced to run an in-place upgrade that's only slightly less painful to whip back into shape.

Tell me again why I should want something that does less (e.g., play media less well), looks worse (you have to do backflips to restore a decent Aero Glass look, and the common controls are just flat and stupid), yet doesn't deliver any new "OMG, I have to have" features?

As far as Classic Shell...  Why remove it?  What does the Windows menu do for you that Classic Shell doesn't do better?  And if you say "tiles" then, well...

idiocracy-1.jpeg

-Noel

My 10240 that came packaged in the Oracle IE11-Win 10 Preview container for VirtualBox seems to be unusually stable.  Even updates just work!?  However, running 10240 Win 10 Preview just seemed to crash too often.  Totally unreliable.  I don't know why the IE11-Win 10 Preview just works without Classic Shell.

You're right about the released Windows 10.  I restarted Classic Shell so it would stablize the hangs and end the start menu issues.  Also, uninstalled the 2016 Office (try it for a month) 4 days early.  Maybe that unstablized Win 10???

Win 10 is just fun because it is so screwy.  But it doesn't get to be a production system any time soon.