Official - Windows 10 Worst Crap Ever!

bookie32

You're right - people are growing all the more lazy and stupid, and business strives to cater to that.

And thus the world goes quietly into the night.

Popular films notwithstanding, history teaches us that periods of stupidity end.

-Noel

You're right - people are growing all the more lazy and stupid, and business strives to cater to that.

Popular films notwithstanding, history teaches us that periods of stupidity end.

-Noel

Unfortunately, no disagreement here.  Everyone wants instant gratification and entitlement.  Hopefully we will come to our senses.

One last thing...

Nobody says that advancing Windows into the "Mobile" or "Modern" or "Fischer Price" or whatever you want to call it "space" required them to make the desktop work one bit worse, or have a less integrated looking theme.

Not only did they not continue pursuit of desktop improvement, they had to work to remove the stuff that made the desktop elegant and integrated.

If you're a company trying to lead people to something newer and better, doesn't it actually have to BE better?  Not to mention newer...  Flat and lifeless presentations were characteristics of what, CGA?  You don't lead by burning the bridge people are still on!

-Noel

Microsoft failed in delivering technology POWER to users to use it easily and sophisticated ON TIME

lets got down the history lane a bit...

the virtual desktops introduced in win10 are the same ones that came from NT 4 SDK back from 1996

the search, is the same one based from guess what, year 1996 (remember office 97? ) - indexing

Metro = IE oh wait its WPF "shell" (no its not shell), more like plugin, that uses web elements - HELLO - Windows Neptune anyone ? that was year 1999

ReFS ? - by those who investigated it in depth it is worse than NTFS, in fact someone even proclaimed it crippled down NTFS as it misses half the features

and even if its "self healing" file system, it is prone to often killing hard drive

their Cortana ... how many years is that behind Apple ?

touch "OS", again the same question... ?

they bought SeaDragon so long ago and only since winblows 8 they started to use it

when winblows 8 was announced, it was to support "native" virtual disk mounting, MKV and FLAC format and "built in" PDF reader

for crying out loud, how behind is that !!!!!!! ???

ReFS ? - by those who investigated it in depth it is worse than NTFS, in fact someone even proclaimed it crippled down NTFS as it misses half the features

and even if its "self healing" file system, it is prone to often killing hard drive

Worse?  No.  I investigated it in depth and, while it is missing features such as alternate data streams, it never killed my hard drives.  Maybe it's harder on cheap drives because it strives to ensure data doesn't get so stale it runs into bit rot.  I like that on an electromechanical hard drive (HDD, not SSD) performance doesn't really degrade as the drive gets nearly full.  Not that anyone ever has drives that are nearly full...  LOL

In my view ReFS represented one of the last serious OS features implemented.  I just don't think it was finished.

-Noel

Hi again!

NoelC

I agree Microsoft did the ground work with ReFs but as you say never really finished it seems to be a theme of theirs that has followed them all the way through from the very beginning...

Let us face it...Microsoft saying that they want feed back from their users in order to improve the OS.....I haven't seen much evidence of them actually listening to the users...

While I do understand there is a need for big corporations to satisfy the share holders.. should it then come at a cost that even they don't agree with?

While the signs are not there at the moment that Microsoft are really struggling as a corporation... how long is it going to take before the seeds of doubt are sown wide enough for people to go to Linux or Mac?

I am getting many customers saying "No" they don't usually read the agreements that follow releases of Windows...not many laymen would even if they could understand the jargon used...

I am getting a lot of pensioners that just don't want to be bothered with a laptop, desktop computer any more and are using buying ipads...They just want to check the local newspapers, write a email to the friends, surf the internet.....and don't want a standard laptop, desktop computer... I am not saying that they are any better at understanding their ipads but they are working already with an environment that is like Mac or Linux

A lot of my customers don't even really understand the basics of the system they use and don't want to...they don't even familiarise them selves with the basics of everyday usage... so, I don't think it would be much of a step for them to move to Mac or Linux and get a system that the developers are proud of and making things better is paramount and not pleasing the shareholders!!

I would be happy to teach any customer about Mac and Linux and avoid all this crap from Microsoft!

Just because a lot of people went out an bought a new Windows 10 computer or upgraded from Windows 7 or 8/8.1 thinking that Microsoft has always released a crap version and then a good one, so it was a natural thing to believe they got it right with Windows 10... but people do read the news and do not like what they are seeing regarding the new conditions of use agreements from Microsoft that we are all talking about...

What I mean is enough people were ****** at the release of Windows 8 and the pathetic excuse for an upgrade to that Windows 8.1 and now the seeds of doubt are being sown with the crap surrounding Windows 10!

Even in responsive web design there is a tendency to go from the telephone, ipad up to the desktop/laptop and not the other way around....!!

Obviously more and more are using their telephones or ipad over a traditional desktop computer - but as I said before the games community still say that a telephone or ipad isn't going to replace the standard computer any time soon or maybe never... who knows....SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MICROSOFT get back to basics and develop a desktop environment that we all can be happy with and stop this prying into our personal lives just to "improve our experience"... Does anyone actually believe that crap?

bookie32

Only seemingly waaaay OT :w00t::ph34r::

http://swaldman.dreamwidth.org/352778.html

People may not be actually lazy and stupid, but certainly there are marketing geniuses that believe this.

How d@mn stupid can it be to provide a USB device that takes control of your machine issuing keyboard commands? :realmad:

Let's put aside the hypothetical security risks involved (in the case of an intentionally maliciously programmed device), how would you like that a stupid USB stick starts your browser and points it to a given page? :unsure:

jaclaz

Hi Guys!

When I mean official I mean I am making it official that I think it is the worst ever...

While I can understand that Microsoft want a OS that works on all platforms - they fail to recognise the genuine complaints of long term users!

Computers are getting more powerful every day, screens are getting larger and more advanced. and yet we are given a OS that is basically designed for a telephone screen.

What happened to nice gradient colours etc? It is so **** boring?

Your general users do not care what improvements are made to the engine...they want it to look and feel good as well!

A telephone is a telephone in my opinion and I want an OS that looks good on the ever increasing sizes of desktop screens!

The start menu is a mess!

Once again nothing is logical about the setup of things....

If this is the best they can come up with I will keep one computer as Windows for my customers and then the others as Linux.

You are a very funny man!  Are you running the same Windows 10 I am?  Mine is wonderful.  The best OS yet!

Hi dhjohns :whistle:

Would you like to elaborate on what you think is good about Windows 10 because I didn't mean my original post to be seen as what you call funny?

To be fair :unsure:, dhjohns did not actually call your post "funny", he expressed the concept that you  are "a very funny man".

And yes :yes:, I could have made a career as appeaser.... ;)

jaclaz

I won't even touch Windows 10, I don't care how fast, new, shiny, or powerful it is. Microsoft betrayed us by adding a bunch of spying utilities into the OS to help track our activities. I think even activation to this day is unnecessary because it just makes it a hassle for genuine users to update their machines as time goes on. Pirates will always find a way to crack activation, generally through the means of giving your machine a virus in the process, but it can be done and will be done. So honestly, activation should be retired. But I totally agree how bland and boring it looks. Whoever thought all white backgrounds looked great must've been on crack or something. Windows 98 looks more beautiful than what I've seen of Windows 8 or 10.

Plus...this doesn't look so good: http://www.forbes.com/sites/gordonkelly/2015/09/12/microsoft-confirms-windows-10-now-forced-onto-windows-7-and-windows-8/

I guess this is a reason for Windows 7 users now to just turn Windows Update completely off.

Hi dhjohns :whistle:

Would you like to elaborate on what you think is good about Windows 10 because I didn't mean my original post to be seen as what you call funny?

bookie32

dhjohns has been able to add and configure enough 3rd party addons to make Windows 10 look good, as had NoelC, and it works for him.  [ Though I think that even he would agree that the Windows 10 look out-of-the-box could definitely be improved.]  He also has found some Modern apps that he likes.  He also likes the new built-in virtual desktops.  He is not concerned about the current storm about privacy issues.  I don't mean to speak for him, but I think that correctly summarizes things, and as long as it works for him, then more power to him.

Cheers and Regards

That's my problem, you shouldn't have to add 3rd party extensions just to make Windows functional. It should do that straight out of the box. Windows 10 out of the box with defaults loaded, is garbage.