Daylight Savings

InterLinked

I don't care if its permanent DST or not. I just want things to stop changing, as many people here said. Although the change has not been an issue for me but more of an issue of my body clock. My alarm clock next to my bed has an auto DST (which can be turned off) so its not really an issue. It's only really just the times im sleeping get messed up for a few days, the stove and the microwave. Nothing else has problems.

On 3/27/2022 at 8:21 AM, WalksInSilence said:

The usual excuse in the UK for the those bleating about having a permanent standard time is that in the north farmers will have to start work in the dark

I suspect that this type of reasoning is made up by people who aren't or haven't any farming experience. I did work (and live) on a farm for some time and I can say that it makes no different if there is DST or not. You work from sunrise to sunset (or beyond but indoors) and you determine what time to wake up based on what time the sunrise is the next day.

4 minutes ago, Tripredacus said:

You work from sunrise to sunset (or beyond but indoors) and you determine what time to wake up based on what time the sunrise is the next day.

Corollary (old Italian/Tuscany saying): "Le bestie non conoscono feste comandate" which translates roughly to "Animals don't know about Sundays or holidays".

jaclaz

10 hours ago, Tripredacus said:

I suspect that this type of reasoning is made up by people who aren't or haven't any farming experience. I did work (and live) on a farm for some time and I can say that it makes no different if there is DST or not. You work from sunrise to sunset (or beyond but indoors) and you determine what time to wake up based on what time the sunrise is the next day.

Exactly- dairy farmers in particular have to bring their cows in to milk them at the same time or times each day whether it is dark or not. The cows don't care. :)

Those with pets know about daylight savings, or the fact that their animals who expect them to be home or fed at a certain time get weird until they adjust to the fact that you decided to leave/come home from work and feed them at a different time for some reason all of a sudden.

• 1 month later...

I used to like DST, but that was back before so many devices depended on accurate time. Now it's just a hassle, and I think most of the world should go back to standard time year round.

A bill was introduced in the US Congress to put the entire nation on permanent DST, which would at least stop the semiannual changes, but I'm opposed - because it means I'll never get back the hour of sleep I lost in March! I'm owed that hour, so first, let's go back to standard time, then let's stop the semiannual changes!

11 hours ago, Mathwiz said:

A bill was introduced in the US Congress to put the entire nation on permanent DST

We also have this crap here in France , so looks like a global agenda to rob peasants. So far the only working solution would be to have your own peasants and wake up whenever you desire , set your own time  , I mean open your business , etc. Otherwise it's just another empty hope that someone hears you , and even if they do , they won't change it even a bit. To change something you don't like , you gotta start to boycott it , at least.

https://www.timeanddate.com/time/change/france