Symantec AntiVirus 9.0.0.338

NonUniform

Direct from the CD:

MSI_FAQ.txt

******************************************************************************Symantec AntiVirus Corporate Edition 9.0             MSI_FAQ.TXTCopyright 2004 Symantec Corporation.         All rights reserved. March 2004******************************************************************************
This file is a list of the most commonly used MSI commands for Symantec AntiVirus and Symantec Client Security. For a complete list of commands, properties, and features, see the Symantec Knowledge Base.
BASIC MSI commands------------------/QN - Quiet No UI/QB - Quiet Basic UI/L*V log.txt - full verbose logging to file log.txt
BASIC MSI properties--------------------REBOOT=REALLYSUPPRESS
SAV properties--------------INSTALLSERVER= (1 = Server, 0 = Client, Default is client)	SERVERGROUPNAME= (New or prexisting servergroup)	SERVERGROUPPASS= (New or prexisting servergroup password. The default                           is symantec)
NETWORKTYPE= (1 = Managed, 2 = Unmanaged, default is Unmanaged)	SERVERNAME= (preexisting SAV Servergroup)
RUNLIVEUPDATE= (run LiveUpdate during install = 1, do not run LiveUpdate=0,                 default is On)
ENABLEAUTOPROTECT= (1 = ON, 0 = OFF, default is On)
INSTALLDIR= (Install target directory, default is C:\Program Files\             Symantec AntiVirus)
SERVERPARENT= (e.g. SERVERPARENT=MySavServer)Note: For a secondary server silent install from the command line, you must set the SERVERPARENT property to the Parent server computer name. When doing a UI or Symantec System Center rollout install, setting this property is not required.   
SAV features------------EMailToolsNotesSnapinOutlookSnapinPop3SmtpQClientSAVHelpSAVUI
Adding and removing features----------------------------To remove existing features:
REMOVE=<feature1>,<feature2>,<feature3>
To add new features:
ADDLOCAL=<feature1>,<feature2>,<feature3>, <existing feature 1>,          <existing feature 2>, etc.
Note: When adding new features using ADDLOCAL, any existing features on the target computer that you want to retain must be included in the features that you are specifying. The installation will remove any features on the target computer that are not listed.
Command line example--------------------This example demonstrates a silent Symantec AntiVirus Server installation. The server is named MYSAVSERVER and uses the password MYSAVPASSWORD. LiveUpdate is not run, and the server is not restarted even if its required.
Sample command line: setup /s /v"/l*v log.txt INSTALLSERVER=1 SERVERGROUPNAME=MYSAVSERVER SERVERGROUPPASS=MYSAVPASSWORD RUNLIVEUPDATE=0 REBOOT=REALLYSUPPRESS"

I'm working with the Antivirus which came in the Symantec Client Security Corporate Edition (32 bit version, 9.0.0.338), and everything worked fine, but upon booting instead of loading the tray icon I found a %programfiles%\Symantec window open. This happens because the key in HKLM/Run called to (...)\Symantec Antivirus\VPTray.exe without any quote, so it never reached the correct folder.

To solve this, one should add a destination folder without spaces in the command line, like:

%systemdrive%\install\Applications\sav9\SAV9.MSI /qn INSTALLDIR="%programfiles%\SAV9" RUNLIVEUPDATE=0 REBOOT=REALLYSUPPRESS

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I have installed SP2 for XP, and I cannot enable file auto-protect.... on the VMware pc, I don't have the problem.

If anybody finds the solutions to this, thanks a lot :rolleyes:

I have the same **** problem :)

-SteveM

EDIT: SP2 build 2096

Me too, went back to 8.1.1.323, does that Q811493 fix it? Seems kind of odd since it was released over a year ago that it would fix something that's broken with SP2 and SAV.

The first entry on page 2 of this post shows a network error. I am also getting this error. I assume it is caused by the fact that the installer can't fins the server I am setting as the parent. I am launching this installation during an unattended installation of Windows XP. Should there be network connectivity at the time that [GUIRunOnce] section of the winnt.sif file is executed? Is there a switch that will prevent the installer from trying to verify the existence of the parent server?

This is my command line:

start /wait msiexec.exe /i "c:\applications\sav9\Symantec AntiVirus.msi" ADDLOCAL=SAVMain,SAVUI,SAVHelp,Pop3Smtp,QClient NETWORKTYPE=1 SERVERNAME=MEDNAV3 ENABLEAUTOPROTECT=1 RUNLIVEUPDATE=0 REBOOT=ReallySuppress /qb'

Thanks,

Matthew

• 1 month later...