List of software that doesn't support Windows 7

asdf2345

• 2 weeks later...

Spotify 1.2.7 no longer works on Windows 7, as api-ms-win-core-winrt-l1-1-0.dll is missing. That one was introduced with Windows 8.0

I haven’t checked compatibility with Windows 8.x yet

Edit: On Windows 8.1 it says NetFreeAadJoinInformation could not be found in libcef.dll. After investigating a little I found out that libcef.dll is an embedded Chromium Framework, which is now based on Chromium 110. That one was compatible with Windows 8, with some bypasses

Edited by yoltboy01

On 3/21/2023 at 2:24 PM, yoltboy01 said:

Off-Topic: It works with 8.1

On Win 7 I'm getting this:

The procedure entry point MFCreateDXGIDeviceManager could not be located in the dynamic link library MFPlat.dll.

It seems to be Windows 8+ feature, so if it's only this, then it might still work on 8 as well.

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/win32/api/mfapi/nf-mfapi-mfcreatedxgidevicemanager

Question is now how to fix this on Win 7.

edit: according to this is that function available on Win7, but in another dll https://stackoverflow.com/questions/26336450/solve-issue-unresolved-external-symbol-mfcreatedxgidevicemanagerv

MFCreateDXGIDeviceManager is in MshtmlMedia.dll on Windows 7, and in the MFPlat.dll on Windows 8 and higher.

edit2: I've tried to install Win8.1 ISO downloaded from MS website inside virtual machine and I can confirm there it works after fresh installation. I've been trying to use some of the dlls from 8.1 in application folder  on Win7, but best I can do for now is get rid of all missing entry points if I also enable VxKex, but the application just exit and don't run.

edit3: After editing ZCB.exe, Zps.exe and ZVFS.exe for both 32 and 64bit in CFF Explorer and replacing MFCreateDXGIDeviceManager with MFStartup program seems to be working again fine on Win7.

edit4: Method of patching mentioned above will make some video preview features not working, but if you are using Zoner Photo Studio only for photos and don't need video features much, you should be fine with this method as temporary solution to use updated version on Win7, before there will be be better solution.

Edited by Kpsa4

On 3/25/2023 at 7:13 AM, Sahalynsk said:

CS 2 on Windows 7 runs without any issues

( Sorry for the image compression, MSFN allows a limited size )

1-min (1)-min-compressed (1).jpg

with a little bit of work newer games can work on windows 7! (keep up the good work)

On 10/17/2022 at 10:22 AM, Tripredacus said:

Ubisoft had an update to Uplay/Connect and now some games launched from them (even via Steam) will not run. I say some because Far Cry 4 works for me but Far Cry New Dawn shows this message:

UAovdyc.jpg

These days, this same message seems to appear for any game that is launched through Steam that chains into the Uplay launcher.

On 3/19/2023 at 5:50 PM, yoltboy01 said:

Spotify 1.2.7 no longer works on Windows 7, as api-ms-win-core-winrt-l1-1-0.dll is missing. That one was introduced with Windows 8.0

I haven’t checked compatibility with Windows 8.x yet

Edit: On Windows 8.1 it says NetFreeAadJoinInformation could not be found in libcef.dll. After investigating a little I found out that libcef.dll is an embedded Chromium Framework, which is now based on Chromium 110. That one was compatible with Windows 8, with some bypasses

As I wrote in another topic, I managed to get it working :)

BTW I don't know if anyone has mentioned this, but the latest version of VS Code works.

On 3/27/2023 at 3:43 PM, Tripredacus said:

These days, this same message seems to appear for any game that is launched through Steam that chains into the Uplay launcher.

You can fix this error using ReShade. Get the installer from here, extract the installer using 7-Zip or WinRAR, copy ReShade64.dll to the game's installation folder, and then rename it to dxgi.dll.

12 hours ago, alzcore397 said:

does anyone know if the latest supported google drive app for 7, still works?

Yes, version 68.0.2.0 still works fine, although annoying notifications are shown when clicking on the taskbar icon.