List of software that doesn't support Windows 7

asdf2345

Off Topic: I just received an update on Office 365 on my Windows 8.1 machine and it's now running on Build 2302. I think we can assume that this will be the last feature drop for Windows 8.1, as Office Insider is already grayed out since 2301. I already received a few errors from the Installer when I tried installing it on a Clean 8.1 machine. They disappeared after updating the machine. Since there will be no Security Updates, like Windows 7 receives with 2002, I will try to look if newer versions (2303+) can be ported back to 8.1 in near future

36 minutes ago, yoltboy01 said:

Off Topic: I just received an update on Office 365 on my Windows 8.1 machine and it's now running on Build 2302. I think we can assume that this will be the last feature drop for Windows 8.1, as Office Insider is already grayed out since 2301. I already received a few errors from the Installer when I tried installing it on a Clean 8.1 machine. They disappeared after updating the machine. Since there will be no Security Updates, like Windows 7 receives with 2002, I will try to look if newer versions (2303+) can be ported back to 8.1 in near future

Thanks for the info.

Again wondering if there is any way to port these newer versions back to Windows 7, for example if the missing APIs/DLLs were covered by VxKex in the future.
Although according to this Microsoft article, "as of January 2022, attempting to do a new installation of Version 2002 will fail." I actually installed version 2002 in February 2022 successfully. I used a custom "Configuration.xml" file to download files for version 16.0.12527.22100 (latest at the time) and then installed locally. Don't know what would happen if one attempted to install in a new setup in the future.

For a modern office suite, I personally use OnlyOffice as a free solution. There's active development for even Windows XP. ;)

In the meantime, it would be a good idea if we listed any existing Chromium-based browser developers that want to continue supporting Windows 7 and 8.1. Some third party vendors did so with XP for a tiny bit (not including Chinese vendors) and a little longer with Vista.

On 1/5/2023 at 2:21 AM, ivanbuto said:

Thanks for the info.

Again wondering if there is any way to port these newer versions back to Windows 7, for example if the missing APIs/DLLs were covered by VxKex in the future.
Although according to this Microsoft article, "as of January 2022, attempting to do a new installation of Version 2002 will fail." I actually installed version 2002 in February 2022 successfully. I used a custom "Configuration.xml" file to download files for version 16.0.12527.22100 (latest at the time) and then installed locally. Don't know what would happen if one attempted to install in a new setup in the future.

https://learn.microsoft.com/el-gr/deployoffice/endofsupport/windows-7-support

On 1/13/2023 at 1:20 AM, ivanbuto said:

Google Drive (have version 68 installed) started displaying a nag message that Windows 7 is not supported.

image.png.689912a1fcbfd1d3178761bb5d2f1613.png

Current version is 69, attempting to install gives an error message:
"This version of Windows is not supported"

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/25/2023 at 4:00 AM, ivanbuto said:

Last update for Office 365, version 2002 on Windows 7, is build 12527.22286:
https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/officeupdates/update-history-office-win7

This is how the Account section in Offce applications looks currently (previously, there was a notification that only security updates are installed):
image.png.30aa39504a754c4bb5346a17f81e64af.png

hope that will patch the kernel, in order to install higer versions like for example 2102