List of software that doesn't support Windows 7

asdf2345

Just realised latest versions of Jami also use Qt 6 (latest versions of Jami beta are available here, and the last Qt 5 version is from 2021ish, I believe - see official notice on the download page, as well as a jump in installer size). Might work with the Qt6 compatibility patches.

• 3 weeks later...

12 hours ago, Tripredacus said:

Ubisoft had an update to Uplay/Connect and now some games launched from them (even via Steam) will not run. I say some because Far Cry 4 works for me but Far Cry New Dawn shows this message:

UAovdyc.jpg

I could only test on a VM as I no longer run 7 and was able to start Anno 1602 despite that error popping up, but it's pretty broken as most people report it not working especially with newer games at all.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/28/2020 at 5:18 AM, alzcore397 said:

python 3.9.0 officially drops.but the portable version adding the api file works.the thing is if someone can patch the intaller.

I've been using this

https://github.com/adang1345/PythonWin7

I already installed it since it was officially released, and it install correctly (and works fine).

image.thumb.png.7dac4a6cd0359663370ce881aba61217.png

So for answer your question, .NET 7 is still compatible but "unsupported".

Also it is very common for some companies to remove an older OS from their system requirements to "force" inexperienced users to upgrade, even if in fact, the application can still be installed and run flawlessly. Remember for OBS, Windows 7 was "removed" from supported OSes as soon its support ended from their website, despite the fact you were still able to install and use it without problems until the transition to Qt 6 in v28.

On 7/7/2022 at 12:28 AM, xpandvistafan said:

Eventually I will expect Microsoft will block the older version of OneDrive and force you to upgrade to the latest version. As if more versions of VxKex will be released, I am not sure, as development had been put on hold temporarily in April. You can follow the VxKex thread and updates will be posted there. As far as I know, the latest interim release of VxKex does in fact work with the latest version of OneDrive. With the most current OneDrive installer, do you get the same SetThreadInformation error? 

Does anyone else on this forum use OneDrive for Business accounts on Windows 7?

In the last few weeks, I am not able to share files via Windows Explorer. When I right-click a file and select "Share", the share dialog pops up, but the blue circle keeps rotating indefinitely.

image.png.1c6fee2050285fd0f83735c4e2c111bb.png

The same thing happens when I try to share a file from within an Office365 application.

I posted about the issue on Microsoft Community forums, but nothing helpful yet. Has anyone experienced this problem?

I am using version 22.077.0410.0007 64-bit.

8 hours ago, ivanbuto said:

Does anyone else on this forum use OneDrive for Business accounts on Windows 7?

In the last few weeks, I am not able to share files via Windows Explorer. When I right-click a file and select "Share", the share dialog pops up, but the blue circle keeps rotating indefinitely.

image.png.1c6fee2050285fd0f83735c4e2c111bb.png

The same thing happens when I try to share a file from within an Office365 application.

I posted about the issue on Microsoft Community forums, but nothing helpful yet. Has anyone experienced this problem?

I am using version 22.077.0410.0007 64-bit.

Man, i think Microsoft cutted support for W7 on OneNote app, idk when it was last year or this year. 

But still, you can go to the web page of OneNote and share it there. 

On 11/22/2022 at 9:18 AM, Dušan Vićić said:

Man, i think Microsoft cutted support for W7 on OneNote app, idk when it was last year or this year. 

But still, you can go to the web page of OneNote and share it there. 

Obviously, I am aware of all of that.

I was asking if anyone else here is able to test, not whether I can share it online...

Update: It's again working, confirmed also by a Win8.1 user on MS Community forums.

Edited by ivanbuto

On 11/22/2022 at 12:06 PM, ivanbuto said:

Obviously, I am aware of all of that.

I was asking if anyone else here is able to test, not whether I can share it online...

Update: It's again working, confirmed also by a Win8.1 user on MS Community forums.

Is it still working now? Can you put a link to the forum you are following so that it is easier for people here at MSFN to keep tabs on OneDrive?