List of software that doesn't support Windows 7

asdf2345

4 minutes ago, yoltboy01 said:

Another program that dropped support for Windows 7 as well as Windows 8.1 is the digital note taking app "Anki". If you use this app on your Windows 7/8 machine, version 2.1.49 was the last supported one. Starting with 2.1.50, only Windows 10/11 are supported. However, I tried unzipping any installing the latest one (2.1.54) on Windows 8.1, which strangly worked. You have to download the Qt5 installer, since the QT6 one will give you a missing plug-in error.

It's Qt-based. I posted earlier about compatibility hacks that could be done for Qt software; might be worth looking into.

7 hours ago, Darth Agnon said:

It's Qt-based. I posted earlier about compatibility hacks that could be done for Qt software; might be worth looking into.

No, it's not pure QT, there's a bundle of QT+Python. Individually, they can be run, but together I could not run either manually or using VxKex.

On 5/29/2022 at 6:36 PM, xpandvistafan said:

Onedrive support was added in the latest interim release. You need to build from source. You first need to install Visual Studio 2010. 

OneDrive is now at version 22.131. Any more advice on how to get it to run?

Will more versions of VxKex be released? I have not installed it yet.

OneDrive 22.077 continues to work OK so far. We'll see what happens in January 2023.

1 hour ago, ivanbuto said:

OneDrive is now at version 22.131. Any more advice on how to get it to run?

Will more versions of VxKex be released? I have not installed it yet.

OneDrive 22.077 continues to work OK so far. We'll see what happens in January 2023.

Eventually I will expect Microsoft will block the older version of OneDrive and force you to upgrade to the latest version. As if more versions of VxKex will be released, I am not sure, as development had been put on hold temporarily in April. You can follow the VxKex thread and updates will be posted there. As far as I know, the latest interim release of VxKex does in fact work with the latest version of OneDrive. With the most current OneDrive installer, do you get the same SetThreadInformation error? 

Mkvtoolnix 69 does not work in Win 7 and 8.1. The developers have added a lot of new system calls and libraries like api-ms..., which are not present in either 7 or 8.1. VxKex also did not help, there is no system call in user33.dll, so I couldn't run it in any way mkvtoolnix-gui.exe. :( mkvmerge.exe starts after adding api-ms-win-core-synch-l1-2-0.dll, so that anyone who uses the console version can continue to use it.

9 hours ago, Darth Agnon said:

Calibre 6 is now out, based off Qt 6. Windows 8 and 32-bit support has been dropped; has anyone tested on Win7?

It doesn't work, there are no errors, it just doesn't start. VxKex didn't help either.

image.thumb.png.52d5b01ffc089f8ccb8078ff248cbef4.png

Ubisoft just keeps Ubisofting and announced drop for Windows 7 support on June 28 (announcement available on News tab of your Uplay Client), took it's sweet time logging me in today after i was logged out at around the date of the announcement, all game covers and tabs were empty along with levels and points and took a good few minutes to load instead of loading instantly like before, challenges still often don't load and game installs are stuck on "Initializing" often as well, was fine before, reinstalled latest from their site it works same, likely will break sometime in the future completely.

Extremely ironic seeing this right after EA announces 7/8 support for EA Desktop which didn't even have it before (and I was sure it never will) and after the Uplay Client for XP finally breaking login a few months ago for me at least after 6+ years of it not being updated and outlasting all other launchers on the platform by at least 2 years (Origin/Steam) and up to almost 5 (Battle.net).

11 hours ago, tyl0413 said:

Ubisoft just keeps Ubisofting and announced drop for Windows 7 support on June 28

We must be clear here and explain that Ubisoft did not announce they were dropping support. They announced they will be actively blocking their program from running on Windows 7. It is a completely different thing.

On 7/17/2022 at 1:07 PM, ED_Sln said:

It doesn't work, there are no errors, it just doesn't start. VxKex didn't help either.

I've been able to run Calibre 6.1 on Windows 7 x64 using this method:

1. Download Calibre msi file from homepage and patch the installator using Orca to be able to install it on Win7

2. Copy and replace these QT6 Win7 compatible files from here: https://forum.qt.io/topic/133002/qt-creator-6-0-1-and-qt-6-2-2-running-on-windows-7

https://web.tresorit.com/l/iWnTl#yGMg45iqZObF8miEZt7FaA

3. Use VxKex to run Calibre