List of software that doesn't support Windows 7

asdf2345

59 minutes ago, tyl0413 said:

How exactly?

Extract the setup and modify setup.cfg and remove "<os min="10.0" level="critical" text="${{MinWin10OSRequiredMessage}}"/>" to get Nvidia Broadcast Setup working on Windows 7

1 hour ago, THK2003 said:

Extract the setup and modify setup.cfg and remove "<os min="10.0" level="critical" text="${{MinWin10OSRequiredMessage}}"/>" to get Nvidia Broadcast Setup working on Windows 7

It Does not work

1 hour ago, THK2003 said:

Doesn't work on RTX 2060 Super 

image.png

6 minutes ago, burd said:

i dont remember or know how , but all i was aware of is that it was technically possible to install it and rtx voice aswell

Rtx voice is working, but this is not. I have dualboot with windows 7 and On that I get error message saying, that I have no rtx card installed. On windows 8.1 the installer continues, but says broadcast have not been installed

2 hours ago, burd said:

i dont remember or know how , but all i was aware of is that it was technically possible to install it and rtx voice aswell

RTX Voice 0.5.12.6 works out of the box just fine.

I tried getting the latest version of iTunes to work on Windows 7 SP1...No luck :(. Fakking Apple!

In addition to the installer, they are also using the artificial blocking on the main executable, iTunes.exe :realmad:. So even if you extract all the files from iTunes64.msi file using the msiexec /a command, it still won't launch the application due to the aforementioned OS-block. Not even the Application Verifier will help.

I did however manage to successfully update the WebKit component to a newer version. Just copy these files to the working iTunes installation:

JavaScriptCore.dll

WebKit.dll,

WTF.dll (the filename's also appropriate to the situation we're dealing with here).

I haven't tried logging in nor have I tried to access any of the purchases/content available in the store, so a word of caution there.  I also didn't test whether the newer drivers included in the setup bundle would also successfully work.

On 10/18/2020 at 6:49 AM, asdf2345 said:

Instead of making a long list of software that supports Windows 7, I'm making a list of software that doesn't work with Windows 7.

There are four categories, the first is: Windows 10+ only, the second is: Windows 8+ only, the third is: Requires modification to work on Windows 7, and the fourth is: Unofficially works on Windows 7.

There's likely plenty more software that isn't listed here, so let me know if any Windows 8+ only software gets any mods that lets it work on 7, or any new 8+ or only officially supports 8+ software comes out.

Windows 10+ only:

Kingston SSD Manager

Correction: Kingston SSD Manager is Windows 8+ only, I said that before.

On 12/13/2020 at 7:46 AM, karl80038 said:

I tried getting the latest version of iTunes to work on Windows 7 SP1...No luck :(. Fakking Apple!

not sure why the latest itunes versions suddenly don't install nor work with Win7 :realmad:
effin apple didn't properly test some their recent software on Windows OSes

edit - I know for sure iTunes v12.10.7.3 installed fine on my bro's laptop running Win7 SP1 x64 home edition

edit2 - it appears that v12.10.10.2 of iTunes is the last version to support Win7 & Win8.1 as the v12.11.x versions like 12.11.0.26 have dropped support for Win7 & 8.1 (iTunes history Wikipedia)

Edited by erpdude8

Sorry for offtopic post but thanks to this topic, I came to know what NVIDIA Broadcast is and what RTX Voice is (I own an RTX 2080 Max-Q). Anyway, good to know at least RTX Voice is supported on Windows 7. It does some amazing noise reduction/removal.