StartIsBack registry tweaks

Riban

The settings for SIB are stored in the Windows registry in this path: "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\StartIsBack".

I know that some registry tweaks exist which are not listed there in the registry after the first/clean installation of SIB, for example "StartPane_JumpListWidth" or "StartPane_LeftWidth" (I got those two some time ago from one of the developers).

Where can I find a list of all the possible SIB registry tweaks?

Thanks!!!

Edited by Tripredacus
restored deleted content

Here are some

StartPane_LeftWidth - override left pane width 

StartPane_RightWidth - override right pane default width

StartPane_JumpListWidth - override jumplist pane default width

StartPane_MinHeight - override minimal pane height

Start_RightPaneIcons = 1 to show icons in right pane

Start_SortFoldersFirst = 2 to sort folders alongside items 

StartMenuDefaultView = 1 to show All Programs by default

Start_SearchPCSettings = 0 to disable Settings search

EnableShadow = 0 to disable start menu shadow

FadeUserFrame = 0 to disable userpic pop animation

NoDarkRun = 1 to disable dark Run dialog 

NoDarkTooltips = 1 to disable dark tooltips

NoTaskbarSkin = 1 to disable taskbar enhancements

JumpListBorder = 8 override taskbar jumplist border size

Also supported are Windows 7 registry tweaks: StartPanel_FadeDelay, StartPanel_FadeIn, StartPanel_FadeOut.

Edited by Tihiy

Cool, thanks. Are there more tweaks (just curious)?

Are those settings (or at least some of them) specific to SIB or are some of them more general and taken from the Windows UI settings somewhere else in the registry? Because I could imagine that "EnableShadow" for example could also be applied to other Windows UI elements somewhere else in the registry.

Edited by Tripredacus
restored deleted content

• 1 year later...

Hello all.

Been playing around with this in Win11 and am really impressed. It is the best all round solution for proper taskbar and I really love the transparent context menu. But I have never been a fan of any of the Microsoft Start Menu styles and would really love some way to get a look like the SINGLE PANE ClassicShell (actually OpenShell). 

The first pic attachement is how SIB looks, and I know I can customize it to a degree but it still leaves me with a dual pane menu, and an extra step to get to all my Programs.

Is there a way to get a new style that looks like Classic/OpenShell as in pic2? Note the SINGLE PANE which then leads me to (instant opening without even a delay) subfolders, so all I have to do is click to get menu, and then 'drive my way' to my chosen app and run it. Small, clean and functional.

It would be FANTASTIC if I could get THIS look but still get the SIB benefit of decent taskbar, and the lovely transparent full context menus.

Is this possible in some way? I would pay extra if someone could make a style that perhaps I could use to replace one of the useless ones (Win7 or Win8) and then SIB would be none the wiser?

Really hope this is possible?
HUGE thanks to the Dev and to anyone who can help.

Stay safe everyone.

SIB.jpg

CS.jpg