Another program drop the support: Python 3.9.0

surrodox2001

Yes, it is definitely possible and probably quite easy. But I won't try to do that at the moment because I am working on a Windows 7 "extended kernel" project which will allow python, onedrive and other incompatible products to run without having to download and copy DLLs around like the previous "compatibility pack" approach I was using, which becomes unmaintainable when working on supporting many applications at once.

image.thumb.png.09d4b24fcea562a026f6f5b7d3921f47.png

9 hours ago, vxiiduu said:

Yes, it is definitely possible and probably quite easy. But I won't try to do that at the moment because I am working on a Windows 7 "extended kernel" project which will allow python, onedrive and other incompatible products to run without having to download and copy DLLs around like the previous "compatibility pack" approach I was using, which becomes unmaintainable when working on supporting many applications at once.

image.thumb.png.09d4b24fcea562a026f6f5b7d3921f47.png

Great! I would obviously prefer an extended kernel over a compatibility pack. Seems you have made great process already by the looks if it.  

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

@jmeno I get the same feeling. It was all very sudden, and everyone was on board with it. It's worth remembering that Microsoft is one of Python's biggest backers.

@vxiiduu I'm happy to see that, though I'm more worried about the future of TLS. Windows XP seems to be in a bit of rut because of it still and I'm afraid the same will happen to 7.