D3D12 on windows 7

Jaguarek62

5 minutes ago, burd said:

will the game authenticate without that? im pretty sure its needed for anticheat purposes

I removed it, and the same thing happened, so the crash doesn't seem to be related to the digital signature. Though I'm not exactly sure why the crashes are happening. Could be because of your reason or that the 8.x directx graphics kernel doesn't work well with W7-targeted binaries.

DirectX binaries were not digitally signed until Windows 8 came out.

Edited by win32

2 hours ago, win32 said:

I removed it, and the same thing happened, so the crash doesn't seem to be related to the digital signature. Though I'm not exactly sure why the crashes are happening. Could be because of your reason or that the 8.x directx graphics kernel doesn't work well with W7-targeted binaries.

DirectX binaries were not digitally signed until Windows 8 came out.

I don't think that the digital signature did anything. The game only shows mouse cursor and then it crashes. With the D3D12 on vulkan the game shows Direct x encountered an urecoverable error.

On 10/3/2020 at 2:04 AM, Jaguarek62 said:

I don't think that the digital signature did anything. The game only shows mouse cursor and then it crashes. With the D3D12 on vulkan the game shows Direct x encountered an urecoverable error.

Im using the same game Warzone on windows 7 and it crashes the same way the game is just not optimized properly i think , if i try safemode it does work for like 10-15seconds

4 hours ago, burd said:

Im using the same game Warzone on windows 7 and it crashes the same way the game is just not optimized properly i think , if i try safemode it does work for like 10-15seconds

Well out of curiosity, i've installed Windows 7 on my spare hdd. COD then launched normally. I even played 2 games and everything was smooth. I really hope that someone will figure this out :unsure:

2 minutes ago, Jaguarek62 said:

Well out of curiosity, i've installed Windows 7 on my spare hdd. COD then launched normally. I even played 2 games and everything was smooth. I really hope that someone will figure this out :unsure:

With the modded file, or without?

9 minutes ago, asdf2345 said:

With the modded file, or without?

with the modded file. so that's why I still think that there is some kind of check for Windows 8.1. Microsoft went out of their minds to block nt 6.2/6.3 for some reason.

EDIT: For your imagination here is how the game crashes on Windows 8.1: 

Edited by Jaguarek62

1 hour ago, Jaguarek62 said:

with the modded file. so that's why I still think that there is some kind of check for Windows 8.1. Microsoft went out of their minds to block nt 6.2/6.3 for some reason.

EDIT: For your imagination here is how the game crashes on Windows 8.1: 

I just thought of something, Nvidia and AMD have seperate entries for Windows 7 and 8.1, so the 8.1 drivers might be missing a specific file required by the game.

Try modding the video driver to only have the Windows 7 inf entries, and manually add it for your GPU using device manager.

3 minutes ago, asdf2345 said:

I just thought of something, Nvidia and AMD have seperate entries for Windows 7 and 8.1, so the 8.1 drivers might be missing a specific file required by the game.

Try modding the video driver to only have the Windows 7 inf entries, and manually add it for your GPU using device manager.

I will try that, But won't it hurt the performance? Windows 8.1 uses WDDM 1.3 and Windows 7 AFAIK only WDDM 1.1.

On 10/5/2020 at 3:17 AM, Jaguarek62 said:

Well i've tried it and it made no difference at all. DWM kept crashing on me though.

Maybe try tricking the game into thinking you're on 7 with compatibility mode and/or application verifier

2 hours ago, asdf2345 said:

Maybe try tricking the game into thinking you're on 7 with compatibility mode and/or application verifier

No, the compatibility mode does absolutely nothing. I still think, thak Microsoft made something in the d3d12 file that makes it broken on 8.1

Could you check what happens on Windows 8.0 (not 8.1)? About drivers did you tried installing simply windows 7 on it?

Interesting would be to change simply kernel version from 6.2 to 6.1 simply would work that?

Edited by to2000

19 minutes ago, to2000 said:

Could you check what happens on Windows 8.0 (not 8.1)? About drivers did you tried installing simply windows 7 on it?

Interesting would be to change simply kernel version from 6.2 to 6.1 simply would work that?

I've tried Windows 7 and the game runs normally. Windows 8.0.. Well I've never been a fan of 8.0 so I never got to backuping an iso. That means I have no way to try this (and I dont even know if rtx 2060 would even work on 8.0).

Edited by Jaguarek62