MPlayer builds for Win98/ME/2k/XP/2k3

RamonUn

Thanks for trying to help DougB. Using vm=yes with SDL is worse, won't play full screen properly. The CRT monitor doesn't modeswitch if i use the default 'directx' video out. Benchmarking with directx output my old 2009 MPlayer performs slightly faster than the 2018 build too.

• 4 months later...

4 hours ago, RamonUn said:

Thank you for all of these great releases! I was using the 2021-06-06 release for several months...your mplayer builds are truly rock-solid and well optimized for fantastic performance. It uses only twice the RAM as TCPMP to play a 1080p mp4, while having no audio or video glitches (meaning everything plays perfectly), and plays a TON of other formats flawlessly too. As an XP user, I'm grateful for your efforts!

Thanks. Yes, the release page is viewable. But it contains no package download link. That's why i asked, not for the link, but for its location.

The given link did work in Android's Google app. Package contents look good. Don't have an sse2 system atm, only sse, 3dnow, and mmx. Is it possible to build for any of those targets?

The Mplayer.exe should auto-detect CPU features and work on Pentium and later.

Do you get an error on your machine? I tested older builds with a pentium3 (no sse2) and it worked but maybe there is a problem with this build, I do not have any more ways to test them for now.

• 9 months later...

Excellent player, I would like to use it in a project but to work it would only need to work from the command line with shortcut keys disabled, there is a version with shortcut keys disabled.

• 8 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...