VMware Workstation 15 run in Windows Vista SP2!

gerona12

VMware Authorization Service (vmware-authd.exe) failed to start, right? And I'd also be surprised if the drivers like vmx86.sys are still compatible at this stage. I'd check them all with Dependency Walker.

10 hours ago, win32 said:

VMware Authorization Service (vmware-authd.exe) failed to start, right? And I'd also be surprised if the drivers like vmx86.sys are still compatible at this stage. I'd check them all with Dependency Walker.

I can fix this problems or never?

3 hours ago, gerona12 said:

I can fix this problems or never?

I think they're fixable, but they may take some time. I need to analyze those files I mentioned, but only after I clear out the registry of existing VMware references since I have an older install of Player that went awry (even running an installer causes a crash!).

2 hours ago, win32 said:

I think they're fixable, but they may take some time. I need to analyze those files I mentioned, but only after I clear out the registry of existing VMware references since I have an older install of Player that went awry (even running an installer causes a crash!).

Ok, I will greatly appreciate it. If anything, then I installed first version 10 of VMware, then in Windows 7 installed version 15. Copied the folder and drivers to Vista.

9 hours ago, win32 said:

I think you could take a look at this patch, it appears to work like how the old AMD 14.50 driver patch worked by redirecting the missing functions to a custom dll

Wouldn't be surprised if the mods eventually sudo rm -rf the post, but if that happens, you can use the archive.org or archive.today copy of the thread.

4 hours ago, gerona12 said:

So I need to patch VMware * sys files?

I do think that needs to be done, specifically for vmx86.sys. I don't have version 15 handy, but the file from version 16 is missing a lot of functions (an ntoskrnl update should fix that, but it will take awhile for that to be done). And there's the VMware Authorization Service issue which also needs to be dealt with somehow.

6 hours ago, win32 said:

I do think that needs to be done, specifically for vmx86.sys. I don't have version 15 handy, but the file from version 16 is missing a lot of functions (an ntoskrnl update should fix that, but it will take awhile for that to be done). And there's the VMware Authorization Service issue which also needs to be dealt with somehow.

I used to have issues with the authorization service, and I fixed it by restarting the service right before starting the VM. Maybe that could help

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 9/22/2020 at 12:21 AM, gerona12 said:

I have installed and run VMware Workstation 15.5.2 on Windows Vista x64. Created a virtual machine but gives the following error. Can I fix it?

Снимок.JPG

VMWare15.JPG

Russia forever! But actually, it is really impressive you even got this running! I don't know how to fix the error though, sorry :(