Win XP - Malwarebytes 1.75.0.1300 Question ?

Monroe

Awhile back I posted this in 'Malware Prevention and Security' ... I have not received a reply from anyone still using Malwarebytes 1.75.0.1300 with Win XP. Maybe everyone has moved on to a newer version and I am the only one left in the world using this older version, but someone must still be using this version with Win XP.

What I posted earlier :

Malwarebytes 1.75.0.1300 not updating,

I am no longer able to update Malwarebytes 1.75.0.1300. I have been using the free version for years on my Win XP setup. My last manually downloaded update was 30 July 2020 and today I went to get the latest update and I keep getting this message:

"You have the latest database version."  .... of course that's not correct, so maybe this Malwarebytes 1.75.0.1300 version is no longer receiving a current database update.

Can anyone confirm this or have you read any news dealing with this version not updating anymore? I can find no comments doing a search on the internet.

thanks,

------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just tried updating again before posting this newer post and I am still getting the message ... "You have the latest database version."

There used to be many updates provided every 24 hours and I happen to still like this simple version for a quick check every so often.

So again I ask if anyone is still using this older version and able to get updates? The updates were still working on July 30, 2020.

Thanks again ...

Edited by Monroe
sp

Thanks for finding the information from another forum. I will take their word that everything is OK with the older version still getting updates.

I just tried to update again and Malwarebytes tells me I have the latest update from July 30th. I uninstalled the Malwarebytes 1.75.0.1300 version and did a cleanup and installed it again. The database is now dated April 2013 when this version was released. I ran the update program and was told  that I have the latest update available from April 2013 ... over seven years ago.

I guess the program has quit working on my setup ... this is just the 'free' version, not the 'Pro' version, which I never used.

Thanks for your help ... I will move on.

docR ... thanks for the update information from your end.

Vistapocalypse ... yes, my date and time are correct. I have two ThinkPad T42 computers that I did a backup on each on 30 July 2020. I always put my last backup on (April 12th) then update that backup to the current date (in this case July 30th). I had no problem that morning (July 30th) updating Malwarebytes from the April 12th backup.

So last night I got the second ThinkPad out to see if Malwarebytes would update on it. I also get the same message on my other computer ... "You have the latest database version." , which is also July 30th, when I updated Malwarebytes before the backup on that second computer.

So last night I also decided to put the April 12th backup back on the computer. Malwarebytes was working for sure on that backup since I got the July 30th update for my July 30th backup. The Malwarebytes update is of course April 12th.

When I tried the Malwarebytes update last night on the April 12th backup ... I am now getting the same message ...

"You have the latest database version." ... which is April 12th ... but that backup was OK at one point and the Malwarebytes update did work.

Later today I will try some older backups from Feb and last year. It's a real mystery and since no one else is reporting the same problem ... has to be something on my end.

I will continue to try to figure this out.

thanks ...

Regele ... I just like using the older version for checking files ... it was simple and did the job.

------------

Well I tried several Ghost backups and Malwarebytes no longer works in any of them, although it surely did at the time of each backup.

Just get the message ... "You have the latest database version." ... doesn't matter what the date is.

I am just going to work with the last date I have, being July 30th and I can still use that for a file download check. I don't really use the program that often anyway and usually updated it just a few times a month.

3 hours ago, Regele said:

is there any reasons you don't upgrade to the latest that supports xp and vista?

Simpler, lighter client. Can run real-time, but 1.75 and lower predate the service subscription model. The key I purchased years ago is still very much so valid for this client version, and actively receives definitions. I might buy a later copy (renewed yearly) at a later time though if I feel I'm missing features, it's fairly cheap.

28 minutes ago, docR said:

Simpler, lighter client. Can run real-time, but 1.75 and lower predate the service subscription model. The key I purchased years ago is still very much so valid for this client version, and actively receives definitions. I might buy a later copy (renewed yearly) at a later time though if I feel I'm missing features, it's fairly cheap.

I used to use the last 2.x version, I never really liked Malwarebytes 3+

I quit using Malwarebytes because I didn't really need it, I had a couple false positives coming from the hosts file, and various image sites I used to visit before I discovered saucenao.