Looking for a used laptop with a MXM Type B slot and does not use Nvidia Optimus, for use with Windows Vista

asdf2345

I asked about this on NotebookReview, but the post has kinda died off, and I don't really like how the site is run, so that's why I'm asking here.

This below is a slightly edited version of the NotebookReview post I made

General Questions

1) What is your budget?
Would prefer something for $200-400, but if it comes with a powerful GPU, up to $600.

2) What size notebook would you prefer?
Preferably anywhere from 14in to 15.6in, but I'd be alright with up to 17.3in.

3) Which country will you buying this notebook?
United States

4) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
b. Dislike: Gigabyte/Aorus, Lenovo

5) Would you consider laptops that are refurbished/redistributed?
Used or refurbished/redistributed are fine. As long as it comes with everything like the battery, HDD caddy, charger, etc I'm happy.

6) What are the primary tasks will you be performing with this notebook?
Gaming, but I will do some tasks that can be RAM intensive, as this'll be like my desktop when away from home. So, I'd prefer 4 RAM slots, and it to come with a 2x8GB config for me to upgrade later to 4x8GB.

7) Will you be taking the notebook with you to different places, leaving it on your desk or both?
Both

8) Will you be playing games on your notebook? (If so, please state which games or types of games?)
Yes, I can go anywhere from playing non-intensive games like Civilization 5 and Half-Life 2, to intensive games like Rust, Battlefield 4, and Deus Ex: Mankind Divided

9) How many hours of battery life do you need?
I'd be fine with just 2-3 hours of gaming, but more is always better.

10) Would you prefer to see the notebooks you're considering before purchasing it or buying a notebook on-line without seeing it is OK?
I'd like to see images of it first, but I don't need to see it in person.

11) What OS do you prefer? Windows, Mac OS, Linux, Chrome OS, etc.
I can install basically any OS on it, but I'd like to do most of my normal tasks on Windows 7, and have an install of Windows Vista for certain older games, and to play around with trying to get newer games and applications working on Vista. I don't care what the laptop comes with, and I'd just reinstall the OS because I'm paranoid.

Screen Specifics

12) What screen resolution(s) would you prefer? (See further below for explanations.)
1920x1080 or higher (If you can only find 1600x900, I'd be alright with that)

13) Do you want a glossy/reflective screen or a matte/non-glossy screen? (See further below for explanations.)
Would prefer matte, but alright with glossy

Build Quality and Design

14) Are the notebook's looks and stylishness important to you?
I would prefer something more blocky instead of angular, and I'd prefer at least part of it being metal. If I went somewhere, I'd want people when they see my laptop to think it's a generic business laptop rather than a gaming laptop. Knowing how rare these are, I'd be fine if gamery was the only option.

Notebook Components

15) How much hard drive space do you need?
I'll likely buy a 2TB SSD to replace whatever the laptop comes with, so it really doesn't matter, but I'd prefer the laptop to have more than one slot for a HDD.

One unlisted thing I want to add. I'd prefer the laptop to have a DVD drive, or at least have a docking station that includes one, but I'd be fine without it if you can't find a laptop with one.

Timing, Warranty and Longevity

16) When are you buying this laptop?
Likely in the next 3-4 months, unless I get some other idea.

17) How long do you expect to use this laptop?
2-3 years, at least

18) How long could you afford to do without your laptop if it were to fail?
I could fall back to my GS60 2QE, which is still pretty capable.

19) Would you be willing to pay significantly extra for on-site warranty, or would it be acceptable to you to have to ship the laptop to the vendor for repair with perhaps a week or more outage?
I don't want to pay significantly extra, I'd be fine if I paid a little extra though. I'd be ok having to ship it off, as my GS60 2QE would likely work fine, but I don't think that many eBay sellers give warrantys.

Other Information

Because I'd be running Vista, I'd prefer to have an Ivy Bridge laptop, but win32 over on the MSFN forums is working on a fix for the Haswell+ issues on Vista, and is close to being done, so if I wait a bit, I'd possibly be able to go with any Haswell+ laptop. Also, because I'd be experimenting with Vista, I can not have Nvidia Optimus. Even if I wasn't playing around with Vista, Nvidia Optimus reduces performance, and just makes everything worse.

I'm going to be using Vista on this, because I'm thinking about selling my secondary PC running Vista and 7 to a friend that needs a somewhat capable PC (This might not be happening anymore, but if it does, the final purchase price could increase to $800, or maybe even $1000)

If I end up getting a laptop with DDR4, I'd be alright with two RAM slots, as 2x16GB is relatively cheap. Though, I'd still prefer 4 RAM slots.

For the GPU, I'd either be upgrading the laptop's MXM GPU to a GTX 980m, or a GTX 1070 mobile, or if the laptop's cooling solution allows, a 1080 mobile. (I know Vista currently has issues with the 10 series)

My first choice was the HP 8770W on eBay, but because Novideo decided LVDS support is bad, I'd only be able to use the 980m, unless I spent a ton of money on a DreamColor upgrade kit for the laptop. The laptop is also 17.3in, and I'd rather go with the 15.6in version, the HP 8570W, but it only has MXM Type A, so, can't go that route.

I'd prefer the laptop to have a M.2 slot for the WiFi card, as I have a Vista compatible M.2 WiFi card, but I'd be fine with Mini PCIe.

I decided to post here after a chat with a friend about this topic. I realized there are most likely better laptops out there, but I was unable to find them.

If there's anything else you need to know, just ask.

Misc info

Q: What's wrong with the GS60 2QE?

A: The CPU runs hot, I got the CPU up to 90+C while it was under 50% usage, and I just repasted the CPU like a month or two ago. The battery is expanding, the display has some blemishes, the trackpad sometimes breaks, 3GB of VRAM isn't really enough, and I'd like to have more than 16GB of RAM without needing to spend a ton on the RAM.

Adding together the cost of what all I can repair/change, the display, trackpad, RAM, and battery, I get $354.17. For that price, I could buy a laptop, and then later upgrade it, and be happier with the temps and performance.

Q: Why not get a old Clevo laptop?

A: Can't find much that fits the bill on eBay.

Q: Do you just want to put the GPU in without needing to do many modifications?

A: I'd be alright if all I needed to do was use a modded BIOS, VBIOS, and/or driver. I don't really want to do many hardware mods, and I would like to know where I would put all the thermal pads for use with the GPU.

Q: Would a laptop that comes with Optimus, but allows you to disable it be fine?

A: Yes, as I wouldn't be using Optimus then. I'd prefer a BIOS or even a hardware switch for it.

I hope this is enough info for this post