the installation of windows 2000 was blocked in LENOVO G500

windows2

12 hours ago, windows2 said:

Sorry, what's the difference between integrateDrv and nLite, the two do the same thing, I understand

Then use nlite.

No wait, nlite didn't work for you.

Only for the record, the difference is that nlite integrates (slipstreams) drivers in the install source media (let's say on CD[1]), while the IntegrateDrv integrates them on a later stage, on the pre-expanded[2] installation media.

Hint:
#1  is almost entirely in \I386
#2 is in two directories:  '$WIN_NT$.~BT' and '$WINT_NT$.~LS' 

It doesn't seem to me like hidden info:

How this program works:

What the program does, is to integrate the drivers to the temporary Windows Installation directories (the '$WIN_NT$.~BT' and '$WINT_NT$.~LS' directories that are created when running winnt32), so after you run winnt32 [usually from WinPE] and before you reboot to start the text-mode phase of installation, you run IntegrateDRV, integrate the AHCI / Storage drivers, and voila, windows setup now detects your AHCI controller! (this is the fastest method to integrate text-mode drivers that I know of)

As said, no idea if it may make a difference in your case, it is perfectly possible that there is no way to install 2K on that PC, but right now we have listed 3 among the maybe 5 possible ways, and you ony tried (failing) one. 

And, once again:

Personally I would still try making a plainer attempt with no AHCI, via DOS and WINNT.EXE on FAT32.

https://msfn.org/board/topic/181798-the-installation-of-windows-2000-was-blocked-in-lenovo-g500/?do=findComment&comment=1186272

but again, no idea if it can work on your hardware, there are too many variables and unknowns (both known unknowns and unknown unknows).

jaclaz

Edited by jaclaz

14 hours ago, jaclaz said:

Then use nlite.

No wait, nlite didn't work for you.

Only for the record, the difference is that nlite integrates (slipstreams) drivers in the install source media (let's say on CD[1]), while the IntegrateDrv integrates them on a later stage, on the pre-expanded[2] installation media.

Hint:
#1  is almost entirely in \I386
#2 is in two directories:  '$WIN_NT$.~BT' and '$WINT_NT$.~LS' 

It doesn't seem to me like hidden info:

As said, no idea if it may make a difference in your case, it is perfectly possible that there is no way to install 2K on that PC, but right now we have listed 3 among the maybe 5 possible ways, and you ony tried (failing) one. 

And, once again:

Personally I would still try making a plainer attempt with no AHCI, via DOS and WINNT.EXE on FAT32.

https://msfn.org/board/topic/181798-the-installation-of-windows-2000-was-blocked-in-lenovo-g500/?do=findComment&comment=1186272

but again, no idea if it can work on your hardware, there are too many variables and unknowns (both known unknowns and unknown unknows).

jaclaz

I have transferred all files for Windows 2000 from my old computer to my laptop. I now have in C: Windows 7 files and in D: Windows 2000, but I didn't know how to launch it. AHCI drivers are placed in D: \ winnt \ inf and D: \ winnt \ system32 \ driver

ntldr is missing press ctrl+alt+del to restart when i start windows 2000 en usb

Edited by windows2

i just wanted to pitch in real quick, as the thread topic i made recently was nearly identical to the issues found here, at least on the parts of trying to install from usb, and trying the winsetupfromusb way, which unfortunately wouldn't work, and neither trying with standard pc or compatibility mode in bios, etc. i did purchase a optical drive to test on the same system that should arrive later this week, so there may be a 50 percent chance it will at least allow installation of the operating system. i may or may not make a separate thread for it. 

6 minutes ago, cov3rt said:

i just wanted to pitch in real quick, as the thread topic i made recently was nearly identical to the issues found here, at least on the parts of trying to install from usb, and trying the winsetupfromusb way, which unfortunately wouldn't work, and neither trying with standard pc or compatibility mode in bios, etc. i did purchase a optical drive to test on the same system that should arrive later this week, so there may be a 50 percent chance it will at least allow installation of the operating system. i may or may not make a separate thread for it. 

If you have any solution, please tell me

10 hours ago, windows2 said:

I have transferred all files for Windows 2000 from my old computer to my laptop. I now have in C: Windows 7 files and in D: Windows 2000, but I didn't know how to launch it. AHCI drivers are placed in D: \ winnt \ inf and D: \ winnt \ system32 \ driver

ntldr is missing press ctrl+alt+del to restart when i start windows 2000 en usb

Good :).

I would add "unexpectedly".

I really don't get it, maybe it is just me, but I don't understand people that asks for assistance/suggestions/ideas and then completely ignores them insisting on doing random things they know nothing or very little about.

Probably I am too old (besides grumpy) for this kind of non-communication :(,

jaclaz

Edited by jaclaz

33 minutes ago, jaclaz said:

I really don't get it, maybe it is just me, but I don't understand people that asks for assistance/suggestions/ideas and then completely ignores them insisting on doing random things they know nothing or very little about.

jaclaz

Forgive me, my friend. I never mean to ignore you. You really are a person who deserves respect. But the problem is that I am simple in my cognitive abilities. The solutions that you presented to me are a bit difficult, while I am still 19 years of age. I still try and learn. I am honored to be an experienced person like you who helps me. I am the beginning person. Forgive me . And forgive me for doing things bigger than me. If I didn't like Windows 2000, I wouldn't have bothered anyone

Edited by windows2

On 8/25/2020 at 2:32 AM, jaclaz said:

jaclaz

i don't think it's a question of ignoring as so much being selective, i know for me, there are certain things that are simply too much for me to do, and while i'm open to suggestions in general, at the end, it's a matter of what's within my capacity or do-able. jaclaz, i know you're someone who takes the time to figure things out and you've helped me and many others countless times from the conscious effort you've put, but just something to keep in mind for all of us, we don't have to be so hard on ourselves or others :).

Edited by cov3rt